Thread: defensive-minded pg - tinsley for marcus banks

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Default defensive-minded pg - tinsley for marcus banks

indiana trades tinsley and harrison

phoenix trades banks and james jones and 2007 first round pick

why for indiana: pacers give up their starting pg in an effort to improve perimeter defense. banks is not the playmaker that tinsley is, but his defense is way better. james jones' shooting and a 2007 late #1 are also potentially valuable. david is a talented big man who just hasn't worked out here; a change of scene may do him good.

why for phoenix: they need a backup pg to save nash for the playoffs. right now, they're using barbosa - banks hasn't really worked out in phoenix. with tinsley in the mix, phoenix will have a great 3 guard rotation in nash/barbosa/tinsley. james jones is out of the suns' rotation, and they probably will have 3 first-rounders in 2007, so giving up the lowest one (likely their own) doesn't hurt as much. they take a chance on harrison, hoping he can provide some shotblocking and rebounding.

thoughts?

alternative trade: marquis and harrison for banks and jj. this works too, for much the same reasons, though i think tinsley is more talented than daniels and would fit better with the suns anyway.

Banned

Default Re: defensive-minded pg - tinsley for marcus banks

My initial thought about this trade scenario is whether Tinsley could maintain the physical shape needed to play for the Suns. Also, I think it would leave us without the quality decision maker (assuming JT is one) needed to play starting point guard in RC's new system.

Leisure Suit Larry

lol HELL NO!

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

well, i was hoping banks would be the new starting pg in this trade scenario. whether or not he's going to be a quality decision maker for us is another matter. heck, people here still question tinsley's decision making a lot of the time.

anyway, carlisle can always fall back on call-playing, i suppose