Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas

Default Merry Christmas

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

But most of all I want to thank everyone who contributes to the Pacers Digest (I won't name names because the list is too long) This forum has helped me get through a very trying year. Every day I know I can log on and discuss the Pacers with the most knowledgeable Pacer fans anywhere, and that gives me pleasure each and every day.

Things have to get better this year for Pacers fans. We deserve some luck.

Edit: Let me ask a question - answer if you want - what is your favorite thing about Christmas?

Default Re: Merry Christmas

Happy holidays to everyone here.

And I echo your sentiments about this place, I love PD. No matter how many ridiculously sad individuals hate Jack on a daily basis, there are so much more people here who create some great discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

But most of all I want to thank everyone who contributes to the Pacers Digest (I won't name names because the list is too long) This forum has helped me get through a very trying year. Every day I know I can log on and discuss the Pacers with the most knowledgeable Pacer fans anywhere, and that gives me pleasure each and every day.

Things have to get better this year for Pacers fans. We deserve some luck
    Same to you Uncle Buck. Merry Christmas and have a happy New Year to all!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Edit: To answer your question, my favorite thing about Christmas is spending a day with family, reminiscing about days gone by and talking of days yet to come. Taking a moment to remember those who are still with us, even if only in our hearts, and (for another year) praying that all those who are away from home serving our country will come home safely.
    NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

The Pacers got a christmas gift early.... NO Yao for tuesday, out 6 weeks. Hate to see a guy go down that way, he was having a great year.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Merry Christmas to all the posters in the Pacers Digest Forums and to pull a quote from my favorite movie of all time (It's A Wonderful Life) "Champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends" .

In response to UncleBucks post, my favorite things about Christmas other than Christmas itself and the sort of enchanting quality about it that you still get when you go to bed on Christmas eve, is all the other little traditions that people make that they do before or leading up to Christmas. For me it's things like watch "It's A Wonderful Life", read the letter from the editor that they usually put in newspapers around here this time of year, but if not you can usually easily find it online called "yes virginia, there is a santa claus." listen to all my favorite Christmas songs, as a family put up the Christmas tree and decorate it, taking the time as a family to write out Christmas cards to family and friends and write little special messages on each of them, making Christmas cookies, and most importanlty being thankful that you got one more year to spend with those that you love on an awesome day.

That was a bit drawn out but in short I love all the Christmas traditions that I have either had or made throughout the years.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Merry Christmas to all. UB, my favorite part about Christmas is all my family being town and the time you get with them. Also nothing compares to watching my three littlest sisters (6, 5, and 3) open their presents Christmas morn. There is something magical about CHristmas IMO.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Happy Holidays to all.

My favorite thing about Christmas is by far the 24 hour marathon of "A Christmas Story"
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Merry Christmas!

What do I like most about it? Several things. I like buying things for the people I love. I love spending time with my family. We all huddled around the TV last night and watched Fight Club. (Great christmas movie, huh). I love watching Christmas Vacation and The Nightmare Before Christmas. I love the way in which Christmas sort of tears the lamination away, for maybe just a little bit anyway...
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo

<< Virtual Champagne toast >>

The PD forum is like virtual 2nd family to me. We all have PD family members that we get along with....PD family members that we simply don't agree with...and PD family members that we just like to poke fun at.....just like a real family. However we agree and disagree on the state of the Pacer Nation....in the end....what matters is that we all share our common love/hate for the Pacers.

I hope one day that we will all share a toast at the Pacers Digest Forum Party celebrating a NBA Championship .

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and have a Happy New Year.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Merry Christmas y'all. I hope you are as blessed as I am this year and for those abroad, a safe trip home. (For those in school...may you have easy finals)

Christmas for me.......smelling the baking (my wife specializes in German cookies)
    The kids excitement! Watching as my oldest (Still at home anyway) grows into his first real Christmas parties with his HS friends.

Our friends

Midnight Mass

again, Merry Christmas
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Merry Christmas all ... Just a chance to say how much i apreciate this forum and how good i think it is .... Thank- you all

Christmas for me .... being with those closest to you .... ur familly, close friends and just relaxing whilst being perfectly confortable with each other ... Often find Christmas makes perople see past the stupid agruements and to waht really matters to them.

Merry Christmas y'all
    'All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.'
    Animal Farm, by George Orwell

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to my friends from afar. Please be safe and enjoy time with your loved ones.

My favorite thing about this time of year is usually being with my family, since I live far away. I enjoy watching my nieces and nephews open their gifts.

Since I am in the middle of selling my house and moving, I won't be making the trip to Indy this year (just arrived in NYyesterday), but I was able to make it out last weekend when I attended the forum party.

While I don't really post all that often, I really do appreciate this site. Thanks to able, hicks, and everybody else who pitches in to keep it up and running.

Cheers!
    When you're playing against a stacked deck, compete even harder. Show the world how much you'll fight for the winners circle. If you do, someday the cellophane will crackle off a fresh pack, one that belongs to you, and the cards will be stacked in your favor.
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge's nephew, by way of Charles Dickens
    I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round -- apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that -- as a good time: a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time: the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!"
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Merry Christmas

Hope everyone enjoys their Christmas Break and has a bit of fun before going back to work/school.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

A special thank you to all of our men and women in harms way during this Holiday Season.

In the words of Tiny Tim:"God bless us every one!"

Merry Christmas to you too UB and to all my other PD brothers. We've sure been through a lot together. I am thankful for the internet which let's me come "home" through the Digest, Slick and Mark and if I'm lucky getting to see the games.

Even though I am in Iraq, I have years of Christmas memories at my disposal. All I have to do is close my eyes and see the tree in the corner with all the presents around it. From the tree lighting ceremony on the Circle to December 25, Christmas is special to me. Through the lean times and prosperity, no matter where I am, it has always held its magic.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Merry Christmas everyone!!! And I would like to echo VA's sentiments to particularly wish well the allied troops serving in crisis spots all over the world .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    Merry Christmas to you too UB and to all my other PD brothers. We've sure been through a lot together. I am thankful for the internet which let's me come "home" through the Digest, Slick and Mark and if I'm lucky getting to see the games.

Even though I am in Iraq, I have years of Christmas memories at my disposal. All I have to do is close my eyes and see the tree in the corner with all the presents around it. From the tree lighting ceremony on the Circle to December 15, Christmas is special to me. Through the lean times and prosperity, no matter where I am, it has always held its magic.
    It is because of people like you ABA that we can have our peaceful Christmas and may God bless you and keep you safe for doing this!!!

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Merry Christmas to all!

Except Jack.

I kid, I kid!

For now...

While I am a Kings fan 1st, my second love is the Pacers. Although I don't usually post, I read often. However, I could not miss this opportunity to wish all of you a...

Very Merry and Blessed Christmas

and

A Glorious and Prosperous New Year!
    Sacramento Kings fan supporting the Pacers.

My favorite things about Christmas? Well, as someone else mentioned, it's about tradition for me. It all starts after Thanksgiving. Love the music, and I get things going when I crank up Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses sometime that T-giving weekend. The highlight from a musical standpoint is watching Darlene Love belt out "Please Come Home" on the Letterman show's X-mas episode. If I'm not in the spirit by that point, then nothing can get me going. My favorite thing is watching my kids write their lists and letters to Santa, and watching their faces as they come down the stairs on Christmas morning. The innocence of children should be cherished as long as possible. But there is something magical about the season. Even being a non-Christian myself, I can feel it. They say there is no Santa, but you only need look so far as the stories about the man that gives out $100 bills to needy strangers to know that Santa is indeed real, at least in one form or another. We should all try to keep some of that Santa spirit in us, all through the year. Glad tidings to all!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Merry Christmas, everyone.

I'm glad I can always post here and talk to some great people aswell.

I've had a great 2006 besides my teams, and recently it's gotten crappy, hopefully that ends.

Thanks guys, and my favorite part of X-mas is X-mas break.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Merry Christmas to all and may God's grace protect you and bring you joy this holiday season. I would be remiss to claim I have any idea what it feels like to be overseas for the holidays in harms way, but do understand that I am thankful for your bravery and servitude ABA... and those with you.

My favorite thing about Christmas is family. I also list "It's a Wonderful Life" as my favorite movie of all time, and I'm embarassed to admit I break down each time I watch it. I am not one who oft cries, but man that movie certainly helps show a person what is important. Going through a total loss fire helps put things in priority for you, and I think that movie just resonates a bit with me b/c of that.

I'm sorry brich won't be in town, nor will my mother and father this year b/c of her back surgery. However, we have had a pretty peaceful day today as a family by not traveling and we'll spend the day with my inlaws tomorrow.

Another quote from "It's a Wonderful Life":

"Remember no man is a failure who has friends."

Merry Christmas to my PD friends.
    brichard
    “Seventy percent of me talking on the court is personally for me to get me
    motivated and going. Thirty percent is to see if I can get into the opponent’s head.”
    Reggie Miller

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Happy Holidays all.

I don't celebrate Christmas...but I do enjoy seeing people around me a bit happier than usual...

I guess my fave. thing about the X-Mas time is that I get to spend a day or two in peace...X-Mas time is more like a "me time" cause all my friends are busy spending X-Mas with the families...and living in another country where my only family is my brother...who spends the X-Mas with his parents-in-law...it can feel a bit empty. But I rather not look at it like "I'm alone" - instead I try to enjoy the moment and peace during these days.