Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers vs. Wolves Post-Game Thread: Any racing fans in here?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers vs. Wolves Post-Game Thread: Any racing fans in here?

So that was the worst half of basket ball I have ever seen, no joke, at any level. Lots of blame to go around. Honestly the turnovers weren't that big of a deal. We outscored the Wolves on points off turnovers. There was little to no energy tonight from the team and from the crowd in turn. Seriously JO was 1/7 from the line. What was up with that? I could go on and on about our problems tonight, but I think I blame a lot of this loss on Rick. I know we have people on here who like him a lot and he can be a good coach at times, but tonight he was outcoached badly. He couldn't figure out Minny's zone at all and took out Quis when he was the only one who could do anything. He left a lineup out there at the end of the game that was just horrible. Really, really bad coaching job from Rick tonight, extremely disappointed in his lack of any adjustments at all.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rashad McCants will be back in a week or two, let's make a move for him.

Isn't he coming back from microfracture surgery, meaning it will be 2 years before he recovers, and there is a 75% chance he will never be close to as good as he was before.

If the general manager of the Hornets or another team way under the cap were willing to absorb Jackson's salary and give the Pacers a 2nd round draft choice ten years from now in return, Donnie would do the deal so fast it would make your head spin.

Sure he plays like Sampson sometimes, then he plays like Delilah. Then he acts like Artest.

I hate it that he had a bad game. His trade value was trending upward.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Read the thread then.

Pacers lost because their effort was horrible in the second half, the effort, energy, body language was horrible. Turnovers is not why we lost tonight
    Egads... I've read it now. I guess if I was going to pick a game to mainly catch only one quarter (and that be via radio), and that quarter be the 2nd qtr, then this was it.

It sounds like my mood is better off for missing nearly the complete second half of this one.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

I'm so glad I didn't waste one dollar on this team this year. I cancelled NBA league pass and only spend about 2 minutes of my week checking on how they are doing. AND my health is 10 times better due to it

21 points- in a half. For fux sake. A decent college team could put up that many points in a half against an NBA team. When a team plays this bad, they should forfeit their salary to a charity.

Bird probably needs to pull a "Riley" and replace Rick as the coach with himself. And hopefully he wouldn't put up with the lackluster effort etc. from this team. Must be killing him to watch our teams pathetic play.

Jackson was a good bench player in San Antonio- He's just not starter material.
    JO is a very good power forward, just not a great leader....forcing leadership upon him just isn't working (hell, Armstrong is already a better leader on this team than JO). Just like in Business, just because you are a good individual contributor, doesn't mean you can manage or lead others.

We could've really used Iverson or a player like him, who's just nearly impossible to stop. This would make our other role players better. Reggie, because you always had to pay attention to him, made our other players better.

Foster isn't an NBA caliber starter at Center, we desperately need one.

Harrington appears content to play no defense, miss 70% of his shots and collect a paycheck.

This is a very flawed team. Our changes over the summer did nothing to fix our deficiencies. We still don't have a center, nor a shooting guard, nor someone who can breakdown a defense.

Shade- you are correct, unless some major changes are made, this is a .500 ballclub at best. And frankly not much fun to watch (thankfully, I've only seen a handful of games).

Water

It was all downhill after Dick Bavetta beat up Bowser.................
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I was telling Peck I hoped you'd get a picture of Bowser getting jacked by Bavetta.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    We'll lose the next two and then beat Charlotte in a close game to end the year 16-16. Book it.
    Yao got hurt tonight and is supposed to miss 6 weeks. If we lose to the Rockets with out Yao and T-Mac. AT HOME. We really need to reconsider if we are playing the right sport.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by waterjater View Post
    Harrington appears content to play no defense, miss 70% of his shots and collect a paycheck.
    No effing joke. Am I the only one that feels Al may have been a better player before he left? The only thing that has gotten better is his three point shot and even that is beginning to disappear. His defense blows, he refuses to play in the post, and his rebounding is usually just horrible to watch. Hell its so bad tonight I am at the game and turn to my dad and go Al's got 6 rebounds tonight big game for him. How disturbing is that? I have lowered my expectations with him so much that 6 boards is acceptable? Yikes.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

T-Mac might play and the Rockets still have Wells and Battier. They also have the one guy who can most make Tinsley turn things into a game of 1 on 1, Mr. Rafer Alston.

As for tonight, this one goes to the top of the list for games we should have won. Tinsley getting a little impatient with his teammates shooting struggles and morphing into a bad AI down the stretch didn't help. JO needs to at least touch the ball down the stretch (It would be nice if Al Harrington could start contributing on either end of the court) The bench was flat tonight, which was very odd because home games are when second units are normally at their best. A little production from them would have been huge tonight.

Tough loss, but at least we're in the East. Win 2 of 3 before the end of the calendar year (17-15) and hopefully get on a roll in 07 with the new ball.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    It was all downhill after Dick Bavetta beat up Bowser.................
    Yet another reason to hate Bowser. If he lets that old fart take him down, what good is he.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Sports Logo

21 points in the 2nd half is pathetic.....at home no less.

There is no excuse for how sad that offensive output is....I don't care that this was a back to back game....we should not be doing that badly.

Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Post Game Thread - Worst Loss of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    Will some explain to me why Rick took Marquis out of the game when at one point he scored all of our points in the 4th qtr?
    And doesn't this come just a day or two after RC is quoted in the paper saying, "I believe in staying with the man who has the hot hand"...or some words to that effect?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

X-mas kept me away from the game and I haven't seen the Tivo yet, but I did see the final 3 minutes which probably told me quite a bit.

What I saw with the team behind - great defense gave them tons of chances to tie/move ahead. The main reason they couldn't was because Minny at that point at least just refused to allow JO to be involved. I saw him getting DOUBLE teamed before he even got the ball, and one of those guys is KG. That's enough to take even the elite bigs out of the mix.

Basically beyond that Minny left some 3 windows open slightly, but mostly forced Tinsley to beat them. And he failed on a couple of unimpressive drives that got what amounted to 8 foot bank layups as a result.

With Minny forcing the ball away from JO the team just looked clueless on how else to score down the stretch. And I think most of us have been wringing our hands over that concern. CLUTCH SHOTS remains perhaps the biggest problem the team has, or more specifically GO TO PLAYS for the final 2-4 minutes of close games.

Now after getting home and checking out the box and recap I see that the real problem was the 3rd, and I haven't seen that yet. If you hold the 10 point lead into the 4th then you don't need clutch baskets to get back in the game late.

This to me is by far the most troubling loss and the first legit sign of trouble. No more "figuring out the rotations", no more "half the team was missing", no more "on the road", no more "tough competition".

This was a must win for a GOOD playoff team. They didn't get it. How can I take their chances serious after this? There are plenty of reasons to lose 35-37 games in a season. None of those reasons apply to this game.

I guess if they go get a couple of big road wins it could counter it, but at this point why would a reasonable person expect that? They won't be betting that way in Vegas, that's for sure.

Looks like the summary for the 2nd half is this - "that was some bad *** offense".

We could've really used Iverson or a player like him, who's just nearly impossible to stop.
    Reality check here...
    AI - 41% from the field this season
    Tinsley vs Minny - 7 of 17 = 41%

You just SAW AI with the Pacers vs Minny because that's his game. Take over, dominate the shooting, shoot it 41%.

What do you think 41% looks like? Shots going in most of the time? Nope. It looks like 7-17. The only difference is that AI has been putting up 24 a night instead, so imagine if Tinsley had shot it even more and you get the picture.

Just from the shot chart it sure doesn't look like Jack or JO were the problem. JO got as many 3rd qtr FGAs as Foster, same for Jackson. 2 each.

Then in the 4th Jack took 1 freaking shot, and that was with 17 seconds left. JO got 2 more shots himself. So Jack and JO get 7 total FGAs for the 2nd half, and with Jack having had the nice touch the last 2 weeks and JO just being JO as always. They only went 2 for 7, but still.

Meanwhile Tinsley went 1 for 10 all by himself in the 2nd half. Harrington 0 for 4.

And back to the "hot shooters not getting FGAs", Granger got/settled for only two 3pt attempts the entire 2nd half.

I'll still watch this mess to see how it happened, but the picture of PG ball dominance and Al going invisible is getting pretty clear already.

Don't form an opinion before you've seen it

'twas no quite what you think.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

First why was this thread moved and where ?

I saw the first half but not the second so I am judging by the box score. Only 70 FG attempts for the game, Al and Jax had 10 TOs. Al had 4 last night also. Seems to me that RC did not figure out a strategy in time to turn this around. If Seth is correct that JO was prevented from getting the ball then putting more bodies in the paint should have offset that.

It wasn't about strategy, it was about adjustments - it was about effort, energy and enthusiasm

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    Yao got hurt tonight and is supposed to miss 6 weeks. If we lose to the Rockets with out Yao and T-Mac. AT HOME. We really need to reconsider if we are playing the right sport.
    In that case, we'll beat Houston and lose to Charlotte.

The Pacers are like Jerry Seinfeld; they always even out.

I hope not, I bought tickets to Charlotte.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

The only part I can speak on for sure was that final 3-4 minutes, and in those minutes JO was getting the insanely hard double team.

One thing about Daniels. He was -1 on the night first off (not that you can rely on that much), but the other MAJOR situation that goes with his "hot" hand is that KG WAS OUT during his PT. 2 of Daniels scores did come from layups. After KG came in he and Blount both had blocks of layups by the PGs.

Would Daniels have solved Garnett inside?

Anyway, it could be worse, they could be folding like the Colts who haven't even been a .500 team the last six weeks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    What do you think 41% looks like? Shots going in most of the time? Nope. It looks like 7-17. The only difference is that AI has been putting up 24 a night instead, so imagine if Tinsley had shot it even more and you get the picture.
    The second difference is that Iverson scores more than 10pts per game at the free throw line...
    This small thing makes 41% FG look better

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Not too mention a lot more calls his way compared to Tins and Jax.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    Not too mention a lot more calls his way compared to Tins and Jax.
    Yeah, but who needs a guy who shot 60% from the field, made 2 out of the 3 threes, and had 22pts and 10ast in his debut with a good team...

It's amazing they were even in that game considering the suspensions and the fact that AI is barely adjusted yet. Oh well. That's what AI does.

That was the most Jekyl and Hide game I can remember. Pretty solid first half and then a complete melt down in the 2nd. Minny had 2 so so halves and still won. The only way minny could win this game was for us to play what was probably the worst half in league history.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)