Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50

Thread: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

  1. #26
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Bibby looks weird as hell with that hair.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  2. #27

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kobe's Lakers and Gilberts Wizards have comparable supporting casts, yet the Lakers are one of the Wests best teams while the Wizards suck even in the East. That right there should be enough to tell you Gilbert Arenas is a fraud and is 90% hype, 10% actual substance.
    What were the Lakers doing before Phil Jackson came back? Oh, yeah.

    But no, the Wizards being mediocre has to be Arenas's fault somehow, right?

    You just don't like him and it's obviously clouding your judgement.

    He's one of the best players in the NBA and without him the Wiz would probably fighting with the 76ers for Oden.

  3. #28

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    If there was an extra player in the deal, it was probably Garcia. He probably would've been great for us...can shoot, steal the ball, block shots for a 2.

  4. #29
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heh, I enjoy watchin' Arenas. He reminds me of MacGrady. Flashy, and can be an absolute stud at times. But in the end, usually not someone you fear to beat you when it counts. Hey, he's not on my team, so I don't care if he wins or not.

    Can't really blame all that on 1 guy anyway, I seem to remember Arenas leading the Wiz to the playoffs and givin the Cavs a good run just last season. Don't be so short-sighted. :P
    Beleive it or not, McGrady has been clutch plenty of times in the past. I remember watching his 11 points in 30 seconds at the end of a Mavs game where he just was nailing pull-up 3 pointers. McGrady is a better player then Arenas.

  5. #30
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,042

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beleive it or not, McGrady has been clutch plenty of times in the past. I remember watching his 11 points in 30 seconds at the end of a Mavs game where he just was nailing pull-up 3 pointers. McGrady is a better player then Arenas.
    Was, not is. He used to be a bit better than Kobe too.

    The way McGrady's back is you never know if he's going to play. Plus sometimes he's out so long he gets rusty.

  6. #31
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,373

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beleive it or not, McGrady has been clutch plenty of times in the past. I remember watching his 11 points in 30 seconds at the end of a Mavs game where he just was nailing pull-up 3 pointers. McGrady is a better player then Arenas.
    Did I not say he could be a stud at times? lol. I know he has great moments. But MacGrady (as much as I love his game) has never really threatened for a championship. And that bad back of his... it's gonna end his career early, unfortunately.

  7. #32
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,258
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Steve Francis was voted a Western Conference All-Star starter on 3 separate occasions. Steve Francis was considered a top-10 talent. Steve Francis lead the Rockets, whose second best player was the legendary Cat Mobley, to the playoffs in the tough as nails West. Thats far more impressive than anything Gilbert Arenas has ever done.

    Look at the Wizards, they've got the allegedly great Gilbert Arenas, they've got him an All-Star forward sidekick, 20/10 Antawn Jamison. They've got a great 3rd option in Butler. A Solid bench, decent big man rotation, yet they still suck *** in the craptastical East. When are people gonna stop looking at PPG and actually look at the win/loss record and see that Gilbert Arenas doesn't make that big of an impact on the Wizards (lack of) success?

    The guys the biggest me-first stat-padder in the league. He puts his own self before the team, and he doesn't play a lick of defense.
    Allegedly? Hahaha

    decent big men? our big men suck ***. hands down.

    lack of success? Gilbert has turned our franchise around.
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  8. #33
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,373

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cool. He made the playoffs in the mighty Eastern Conference. What stiff competition. And yeah, he had scrub for teammates. We'll overlook the fact that Antawn Jamison is a multi-time All-Star forward still in the peak of his career of that Caron Butler was one of the best 3rd options in the league.

    Kobe's Lakers and Gilberts Wizards have comparable supporting casts, yet the Lakers are one of the Wests best teams while the Wizards suck even in the East. That right there should be enough to tell you Gilbert Arenas is a fraud and is 90% hype, 10% actual substance.
    Heh, well I'll just hafta respectfully disagree with ya. I don't think he has as much talent around him as Kobe at this point in time. He took the wiz to the 7th game against a pretty good Cavs team in last year's playoffs. He has craptacular head coach Eddie Jordan directin' his show, rather than Phil Jackson. I just think you're gonna eat those words of 90% hype and 10% substance. I personally think it was a rather uninformed opinion, lol.

    Even as I type this, I'm reading this headline on ESPN:

    Arenas' 54 help Wizards stop Suns' streak at 15

    That "90% hype" dude just dropped 54 to stop the league's hottest and possibly best team, and he did it *in* Phoenix. He dropped 60 against that Kobe-led Laker team less than a week ago.

    I'm not saying Gilbert Arenas is God, but I don't think he's overhyped. The dude can take over games. He's only 24.

  9. #34
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    I think the difference between LA and Washington might have something to do with COACHING too.

    It's not like Kobe and cast ripped it up without Phil there.


    If you saw the Phoenix game then you saw it wasn't just total points either. Down 3 with time getting low Arenas drove right at MARION, one of the NBA's stronger defenders, hit a high-arcing layup and drew the foul. Hit the FT to tie the game.

    That's why it went to OT. Dude was the mack. He didn't chuck the 3 and pray, he attacked smartly and made it happen.

    He does shoot a lot and is Kobe/AI/T-Mac in that regard, something that bugs me most of the time unless a guy truly has it going and has earned FGAs 18-30 with the quality of the first 17 attempts. But like Kobe Arenas is helping his team win some games along the way.

    He did just beat 2 of the elite West teams and ON THE ROAD no less. He put up 60 and 54 in those wins even. Sorry Quis, but the "they are nothing in the East" arguement falls flat when the Wiz go out West and put losses on teams with probably the 2 best guards in the NBA on their rosters (Kobe and Nash).

    If that doesn't count for something I don't know what does. It's not just points, it's wins to go with it.



    BTW, it's still early of course, but right now Arenas has a better Adj FG% (to include bonus for 3p makes) and a better Points per Shot (3's and FTs drawn) than T-Mac EVER did. T-Mac's best year (02-03 Orlando) comes up slightly short on both those numbers. In just about all his other seasons both numbers are actually much lower (.509 adjust for GA, T-Mac typically .450 adjusted...1.34 PPS to typical T-Mac 1.19 or so)

    Now here's the kicker. LAST YEAR ARENAS SHOT BETTER! Freaking 1.40 PPS (that's elite) and .507 adjusted. Arenas' worst Adj FG% runs higher than almost every T-Mac season.

    This year isn't a fluke, GA is a much better, more efficient scorer than T-Mac, and not just T-Mac from this year either. Oh, and kick in 6 assists per game to go with it. I changed my mind, Danny, Jack, Tins and Foster for GA, make it happen.

  10. #35
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,258
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I changed my mind, Danny, Jack, Tins and Foster for GA, make it happen.
    BLASPHEMY
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  11. #36
    Eternal Optimist VF21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Plumas Forest, CA
    Posts
    604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your speculation? Or do you know that?

    It would be nice to stop torturing myself over it...
    You can quit torturing yourself. Kevin Martin was NEVER part of the deal.
    NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

  12. #37
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    All I can do at this point is give everyone my word concerning the conversation I had with Kevin Martin's relatives. I always have, and still remain convinced that he was part of the initial deal. It would take a lot to change my mind after the discussion I had with his family.

  13. #38
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    That's fine. We will just have to agree to disagree.

    The woman just knew way too much about Kevin on a personal level, and the kid looked way too similar to Kevin for me to think otherwise. The Mom was extremely genuine and sincere in her words, and I found it odd for a young boy to be decked out in Kevin Martin gear from the get-go.

    Just as you don't know the "relatives" I met; I don't know the "relatives" you spoke to (which is what keeps us from coming to terms on a mutual conclusion). Of course this Mom and her young boy could be "impostors", but that just seems even more illogical from my point of view after the experience that I had.

  14. #39
    Eternal Optimist VF21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Plumas Forest, CA
    Posts
    604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    I'll be glad to send you a PM about this, rcarey. I removed my post ...
    NBA basketball - taking my breath away since 1963.

  15. #40
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BLASPHEMY
    And you can be sure that the Minny game didn't change my mind.

    What, do we have to throw in Powell and Shawne too? Okay, make it happen still.

    They sure could have used GA driving to the basket for a real "and one" (not just where you say it and then miss the layup with no foul) late in the Minny game.

  16. #41
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,258
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    I wouldn't give up Gil for LBJ. Or Melo.



    But maybe Jeffries
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  17. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't give up Gil for LBJ. Or Melo.



    But maybe Jeffries
    First of all I love GA but I did not want him to come here when Mo-Ron wanted to be traded. Gill is a good player, but unless we move a lot of our team he would not fit in.

    Also, I have no clue where the notion came from that he is a "1", but that is simply wrong. Gill can set up his teammates, but he is a much more effective "scorer" then he is as a "1" setting his teammates up.

    As for not trading Gill for LBJ I seriously hope you are joking....

  18. #43

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Watching Sacramento makes me sick too.... but not for the same reason its making you sick

  19. #44
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First of all I love GA but I did not want him to come here when Mo-Ron wanted to be traded. Gill is a good player, but unless we move a lot of our team he would not fit in.

    Also, I have no clue where the notion came from that he is a "1", but that is simply wrong. Gill can set up his teammates, but he is a much more effective "scorer" then he is as a "1" setting his teammates up.

    As for not trading Gill for LBJ I seriously hope you are joking....
    Are you nuts? What exactly does Gil do that we don't need? He's a decent defender. He's a good rebounder for his position. He's quick. He's a good penetrator. He's fairly clutch. He knows how to take over games. He is a good shooter and a great scorer. And like I've said before, he seems to be a great lockerroom guy. I love his game. I would love to have him on the Pacers.

  20. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you nuts? What exactly does Gil do that we don't need? He's a decent defender. He's a good rebounder for his position. He's quick. He's a good penetrator. He's fairly clutch. He knows how to take over games. He is a good shooter and a great scorer. And like I've said before, he seems to be a great lockerroom guy. I love his game. I would love to have him on the Pacers.
    Am I nuts? I guess that depends if you are talking to my ex....I kid

    Gill is a great offensive player, but I dont even see him as a decent defender.

    He is a great slasher and he does have a nice shot, but I am not sure about him being "clutch".

    I also dont think he gets his teammates involved nearly enough, which is one issue we did not need with all the other crap we had going on.

  21. #46
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I nuts? I guess that depends if you are talking to my ex....I kid

    Gill is a great offensive player, but I dont even see him as a decent defender.

    He is a great slasher and he does have a nice shot, but I am not sure about him being "clutch".

    I also dont think he gets his teammates involved nearly enough, which is one issue we did not need with all the other crap we had going on.
    Of course I also kid with the nutsy talk...hehe...

    Thanks for a fair response...I can totally accept that. Good to see that around here occasionally.

  22. #47
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I nuts? I guess that depends if you are talking to my ex....I kid

    Gill is a great offensive player, but I dont even see him as a decent defender.

    He is a great slasher and he does have a nice shot, but I am not sure about him being "clutch".

    I also dont think he gets his teammates involved nearly enough, which is one issue we did not need with all the other crap we had going on.
    LMAO You wouldnt have traded Ron for Gilbert? OMG ICB. I would have traded Ron,Tins,Jack,Harrison,1st round pick,and My car all for Gilbert.

    How does he not fit in with this team? We go into scoring droughts because no one on our team can get to the basket and score consistently. He can hit the 3 with the best of them, when he wants to he can get his teammates involved also. He isnt a good defender because he plays on a team with Antwan Jamison on it, the worst defender in the NBA. If he had a shot blocker like JO behind him, he would look much better.

    LOL Doesnt fit in with this team.

  23. #48
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,258
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As for not trading Gill for LBJ I seriously hope you are joking....
    Apparently you didn't get my memo - I HATE LeBron James.
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  24. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,918

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    Robertmto- I get the memo, you hate Lebron. That's great. Im sorry Gill choked last year(and the NBA does not call travels). If you really want to tell me you would not trade Gill for LBJ then there is nothing I can tell you, except that I think that is the craziest thing I have heard all day (and that is saying something, since today at work a young lady tried to convince me, mind you she was 110% serious, that strip clubs are illigal in the United States)

    Rexnom- It is great to be able to post when I get a chance. While I still have the cold I caught while in Indy, it was great meeting a few of the guys and it forced me to get back into posting here. I am glad I have done so, as I enjoy most all of the discussions that take place here.

    As for Gill, just different strokes for different folks. I have nothing but respect for his game, I just dont see him as quite the amaing player alot of people around here does. Sure he has done a lot, but look what he has to work with. If he doesnt score who is going to?

    Jermaniac- Watch 3 full seasons of him, talk to some of his teammates (although I admit you can get me on that because Blatche was a rookie last year and he didnt quite fit in with many people) and you will see Gill liek to dominate the ball and at times I see him as a selfish player. You say when he wants to he can get his teammates in vovled, but all to often I feel like he doesnt want to, and he would rather just take over a game by himself. Add to the fact he is a decent defender and I dont consider him all that clutch, sorry, I would not have done it. As for his defense, you have a point. The Wizards defense is sorry, but even with a great big man Gill would still get killed by the speedy guards, but Ill give you that. He could, and probably would look good with good help behind him

    Would he have helped this team? Probably. Did I think Ron was better then him? Yes, and I still do. Difference is Gill is mentally stable, Ron is not. Being mentally stable can do wonders for you in this league

  25. #50
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,258
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Watching Sacramento Makes Me Sick

    We don;t need the actual JO - we need somebody like Dikembe, Tyson Chandler, **** it even Maceo - lol
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •