Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gotta get the pacers games, what's best?

Default Gotta get the pacers games, what's best?

I'm in Fort Wayne, Comcast cable is what's offered here, haven't had it since my divorce but things are better now. I am fiber optic wired by Vorizen and have FIOS to the house. They aren't offering TV service yet. I've thought about Dish or DirectTV too. Do those get the channel that shows a bunch of the Pacers game as part of a normal "package" option or do you have to buy league pass?
    I'd probably be ok getting the Indy channel that shows 1/2 the games(?) or so.
    WHen does League Pass drop their price for the rest of the season?
    Thanks

Default Re: Gotta get the pacers games, what's best?

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm in Fort Wayne, Comcast cable is what's offered here, haven't had it since my divorce but things are better now. I am fiber optic wired by Vorizen and have FIOS to the house. They aren't offering TV service yet. I've thought about Dish or DirectTV too. Do those get the channel that shows a bunch of the Pacers game as part of a normal "package" option or do you have to buy league pass?
    I'd probably be ok getting the Indy channel that shows 1/2 the games(?) or so.
    WHen does League Pass drop their price for the rest of the season?
    Thanks
    As of right now, you can see pretty much all the Pacers games on FSN Indiana without NBA League Pass if you get Directv in Fort Wayne.

I think the League Pass price drops after the All Star Break.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Smooth View Post
    As of right now, you can see pretty much all the Pacers games on FSN Indiana without NBA League Pass if you get Directv in Fort Wayne.

I think the League Pass price drops after the All Star Break.
    Thanks. Comcast is offering 'digital' cable for 39.95 month for 6 months. Verizon might be offering tv by then so no contract would be nice. Dish is advertising a whole bunch more high def channels than Direct and Comcast have. That's very appealing, just got a new 1080 tv. Is that Fox Sports Net? Is it "Midwest"??

Thanks. Comcast is offering 'digital' cable for 39.95 month for 6 months. Verizon might be offering tv by then so no contract would be nice. Dish is advertising a whole bunch more high def channels than Direct and Comcast have. That's very appealing, just got a new 1080 tv. Is that Fox Sports Net? Is it "Midwest"??

Fox Sports Indiana is a new channel this year. It isn't FSN Midwest. At the beginning of the season, FSN Indiana was getting blacked out in Fort Wayne but enough people complained that it has become part of the package now.

I've got HDTV and I'm pretty happy with my dish. I get a lot of HD programming. I think my base package is like $42/month and the HD is another $5-6 per month. Not bad IMHO.

Plus we can actually get Fort Wayne local stations through the dish now which had not been the case for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Smooth View Post
    Fox Sports Indiana is a new channel this year. It isn't FSN Midwest. At the beginning of the season, FSN Indiana was getting blacked out in Fort Wayne but enough people complained that it has become part of the package now.

I've got HDTV and I'm pretty happy with my dish. I get a lot of HD programming. I think my base package is like $42/month and the HD is another $5-6 per month. Not bad IMHO.

Plus we can actually get Fort Wayne local stations through the dish now which had not been the case for years.
    So you have DirectTV and that channel is part of the 'base' package of channels? Not an optional bundle?

I have dish network in fort wayne and the FSI Pacers games broadcast on the alternate stations as part of my package. I do not have League pass. Almost all pacers games are on fsi. Dish also has signifigantly more HD stations due to the voom networks. Comcast is the devil:-)

Not seeing Fox Sports Indiana listed anywhere? Maybe it was added too late and they never changed the website?

So both Dish and DirectTV offer it as part of their cheapest, "base" package of channels?

Thanks

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fox Sports Indiana is telecasting 72 of the Pacers 82 games this season they are the only local channel doing games .

As for NBA League Pass the price will still be around $120 for the package after the All Star game , at which time they will offer a free week of games.

If you are only interested in Pacer games , with ABC, ESPN and TNT games of other teams enough to satisfy your taste, there is no reason to purchase league pass if Fox Sports Indiana ia available.

If your still asking whats best at this point, I would say take a hammer and hit your thumb with it. It will only hurt for a while and totally take your mind off the Pacers for a few days. Its still the least painful alternative out there.

just kidding, I think.

Not seeing Fox Sports Indiana listed anywhere? Maybe it was added too late and they never changed the website?

So both Dish and DirectTV offer it as part of their cheapest, "base" package of channels?

Thanks
    not sure if its part of the base package but I know it is part of the HD bronze package. Call dish Net and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    Fox Sports Indiana is telecasting 72 of the Pacers 82 games this season they are the only local channel doing games .

As for NBA League Pass the price will still be around $120 for the package after the All Star game , at which time they will offer a free week of games.

If you are only interested in Pacer games , with ABC, ESPN and TNT games of other teams enough to satisfy your taste, there is no reason to purchase league pass if Fox Sports Indiana ia available.
    Yeh, but Comcast is showing League Pass for $29.95 now. Agreed if FSI is available at something much less than 100 a month.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I believe that $29.95 is per month for league pass only.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I live in ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">Fort Waynelace> and watch the Pacer games on FSN Indiana via Dish Network. It is a part of their Top 60 Plus package. I also added the Sports Pack, which gives me all the other Fox regional sports networks and NBA TV.
    fficeffice" />>>
    Direct TV may be an option, although I’ve seen complaints about the games being blacked out – doesn’t make much sense, but that’s what people have reported.
    >>
    Be very careful if you decide to go with Comcast. When I looked into this about a year ago, they had FSN Chicago for the lace w:st="on">Fort Waynelace> area. And then they dropped it in favor of Comcast Sport Net. This is basically another lace w:st="on">Chicagolace> sports net. FSN Midwest (half of the Pacers TV outlet last season) was NOT an option in the lace w:st="on">Fort Waynelace> via Comcast.
    >>
    I hope this rambling helps…

Dish carrys nearly all the Pacers games, the channel changes but it will be around 420 from there it is not hard to find.

THanks all. Between the Pacers games and more HD, I'm going with Dish.

THanks all. Between the Pacers games and more HD, I'm going with Dish.
    I am pretty sure you can get fsi and HD with any of these packages.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/p...es/index.shtml

By the way the FSI is part of a sports pakage on Dish. but don't remember how much. but don't it is very high

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    not sure if its part of the base package but I know it is part of the HD bronze package. Call dish Net and ask.
    Online and phone calls, local and national. Nobody at DIsh has even heard of Fox Sports Indiana.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/p...10045&sortby=1

Here's the Sports package:
    http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/p...10161&sortby=1

Online and phone calls, local and national. Nobody at DIsh has even heard of Fox Sports Indiana.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????
    Try the old name, Fox Sports Midwest.

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    Try the old name, Fox Sports Midwest.
    Ok, you can get it on the Top 60+ for $39.99 or add the Sports package for 5.99 to the HD packages.

Goofy regional Fox channels! (but thank you)

That's why I like DirecTV better than Dish....

DirecTV is expanding it's HD channel lineup by about triple starting in a few months....

I live in Huntington, and I get the sports pack that gets me FSI on channel 663, which is the station that has 72 of the 82 games. The rest are national....

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Well it's finally over. Got DISH HD with sports pac. The minimum HD package to get the sports pac is the Silver package. Sports Pac is 5.99
    Once the BB season is over I can drop the sports package and drop down to Bronze which would be 39.99. Right now I'm at $51 plus whatever the taxes are. Game on Monday!

Well it's finally over. Got DISH HD with sports pac. The minimum HD package to get the sports pac is the Silver package. Sports Pac is 5.99
    Once the BB season is over I can drop the sports package and drop down to Bronze which would be 39.99. Right now I'm at $51 plus whatever the taxes are. Game on Monday!

Sorry for giving you some less than acurate information about which package you needed. I don't get the bill, my roomate does. Enjoy the games.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well it's finally over. Got DISH HD with sports pac. {SNIP} Game on Monday!

Today's NJ game doesn't appear to be televised anywhere except for NBA LP. Not sure why that is -- FSI originally had it on their list of games to televise. See http://www.nba.com/pacers/schedule/index.html (Click on the broadcast information on today's game).

Thursday's Miami game is on TNT, so your first FSI game will be the Nicks on Saturday (which BTW is also on NBA TV).

I really like Dish network -- hopefully it will work well for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    Sorry for giving you some less than acurate information about which package you needed. I don't get the bill, my roomate does. Enjoy the games.
    No sweat, you guys got me pointed in the right direction.