Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: insider Hollinger calls Denver title contender and raves about how AI will fit in

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: insider Hollinger calls Denver title contender and raves about how AI will fit in

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    new AI = new attitude. you guys are making way too many assumptions. hes a different player and person than a few years ago. if this was 1999 i could see your point but right now this all sounds silly.
    This is a player not even 8 months removed from showing up at TIP-OFF for the fan appreciation night in Philly, which is why he didn't play in that game.

He didn't just fight with Brown about practice either. He and Ford had endless battles as well. This "that was way back then" crap is silly.

On top of that, let me list some other players than "didn't demand a trade" - Ron Artest, Dale Davis, Al Harrington, and that's just Pacers because those are the ones I remember. All came back AFTER the deals were done and said "I didn't want that".

Funny that Iverson didn't get out there and correct everyone BEFORE he was dealt. You know why? He didn't want to stay in Philly and didn't want to tell them "no, I want to stay, I'm not demanding a trade." Of course he demanded a trade, and that fits right in with his NEVER CHANGING attitude toward the business of basketball and his bosses. No respect.

I think Allen played as well as he could've last night.
    And they lost. That was something I was getting at.

This stuff reminds me of when losing coaches/managers keep getting hired after terrible records with other teams get them fired. Each new place thinks "this time it will be different".

Sometimes they are right. I just think making that 5-10% chance of being right bet is foolish.

And in this case they HAD MILLER. The guy is very talented and puts up outstanding numbers, certainly much more efficient PURE PG numbers than AI does.

DEN AT PHILLY
    Miller
    7-12, 18 points (1.50 PPS), 6 reb, 9 assists, 2 steals, 1 TO
    Iverson
    6-20, 21 points (1.05 PPS), 4 reb, 9 assists, 0 steals, 5 TO

Yeah, that really screams out "we gotta swap these dudes and get someone in here than can help us".

Default Re: insider Hollinger calls Denver title contender and raves about how AI will fit in

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

It went well until the first day of training camp when McGinnis didn't take his turns in the drills, drifting to the back of the line and letting others go ahead of him. Brown stopped practice and said, "Hey, George. That's not how we do things around here."

"Maybe you shouldn't have traded for me then," McGinnis replied..
    AI still wants to play and prove something. Mcginnis had no interest in playing anymore. The rumors were that he smoked in the locker room and just wanted to coast. AI will work out just fine with Denver.

if it doesnt work out he will be the first person a month from now saying how bad of a trade it was and how the nuggets didnt see it coming