Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AI to Nuggets - Marc Stein

Default AI to Nuggets - Marc Stein

It was just on ESPN.

Andre Miller, Joe Smith, 2 first rounders

for

AI

Default Re: AI to Nuggets - Marc Stein

seriously, could indy not have come up with a better offer than this?!
    I guess they got him with the picks...

Good for them to get the draft picks, Miller's contract is a little annoying but not ridiculous.

Best the Sixers could do considering the circumstances, they actually came out pretty well.

Certainly better than any package involving Jax or Tins.

Do we know where the other pick comes from?
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Report: Iverson Traded To Denver

19th December, 2006 - 3:34 pm

ESPN -
    According to NBA front-office sources, the Denver Nuggets have reached an agreement in principle with the Philadelphia 76ers to acquire Allen Iverson.

The trade, pending league approval, would send Andre Miller, Joe Smith and two 2007 first-round picks to the Sixers for Iverson and perhaps another minimum-salaried player or two.

The deal is expected to be finalized on Tuesday.

Iverson has been on the block since December 8th when Sixers' owner publicly stated that the club would trade Iverson.

ESPN

Why Not Us ?

I wonder if a 'Get out of Jail Free Card' was thrown in?

Sounds pretty reasonable for both teams.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

This is a very good for the Nuggets, especially right now that Melo has been suspended for 15 games. AI can come in and take over Melo's scoring for 14 games or whatever and the Nuggets might not fall to far behind the Jazz in the race for the division.

Hah this EASILY makes Denver the front runners for the title. The playoffs are going to be awesome this year, in the western conference at least.

Great trade for Denver and also a good trade for the 76ers, both these teams just got better. Philadelphia will have A LOT of young blood after this years upcoming draft. I can easily see them trading some of their draft picks or maybe all of them to try to move up in the draft, they have a lot of options come draft day.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do the Sixers still have their own '07 draft pick?

They could really make some big moves if they have three first rounders in their deck.

Or they could land some really really good prospects.

All things considered, this is a pretty good package for the Sixers.

How the hell does this work for the Nuggets though? I mean, neither Carmelo or AI can hit from long range, and neither Anthoney nor Iverson can camp under the basket and finish from a set/post position. So are they just going to take turns chucking up midrange shots?

Yeah really it was funny Indiana was ever mentioned, sure we were interested but we don't have the contracts to make it work. Jack/Tins would of had to be involved and philly doesn't want that.

This is one of the few trades where you look at it and say...wow both teams really benefit here.

Also i think its funny you all think Ivy and Melo won't do well together. I expect AI to take a lot less shots and I bet his assist numbers will go up. AI knows that Carmelo is just as good if not better than he is and I could see him "deferring." They both want a title and I think they have a better shot than anybody this year.

Lets not forget George Karl is a great coach.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

How will this work? #1 & #2 in fga per game on the same team. #1 & #2 in PPG on the same team. I see bad vibes down the road in about 14 games. Has any team ever had 1 & 2 before?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also i think its funny you all think Ivy and Melo won't do well together. I expect AI to take a lot less shots and I bet his assist numbers will go up. AI knows that Carmelo is just as good if not better than he is and I could see him "deferring." They both want a title and I think they have a better shot than anybody this year.

Lets not forget George Karl is a great coach.

I understand how these two guys can work well together emotionally, and I agree. But that's only half the battle.

I'm talking actual on-the-court strategy. What offensive scheme could the Nuggets run to make this work? Because I can't see it.

Good trade for both teams. Fantastic trade for the Sixers. Expiring, a good PG for the future...TWO picks. I'm impressed by Billy King. I don't think he got 75 cents on the dollar here.

If Denver can co-exist, they have an absolutely nasty lineup come playoff time.

PG- Iverson
    SG- JR Smith (17 ppg this year)
    SF- Melo
    PF- Who cares
    C- Camby

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    I understand how these two guys can work well together emotionally, and I agree. But that's only half the battle.

I'm talking actual on-the-court strategy. What offensive scheme could the Nuggets run to make this work? Because I can't see it.
    I think AI will help make it work...you just see.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Do the Sixers still have their own '07 draft pick?

They could really make some big moves if they have three first rounders in their deck.

Or they could land some really really good prospects.
    Philly now has their own pick, Denver's, and the Mavs pick which Denver got from Golden State. One very early, maybe 1, and 2 late ones. Building blocks indeed.

I expect it to work well. I think many underestimate what Iverson can do with legitimate talent around him.

Looks like a great trade for both teams. The Nuggets get a PG who can score and motivate a team, and the Sixers get a very good distributor PG, an expiring contract and two more first rounders to go with their lottery pick.

Maybe the Pacers could somehow get one of those 1st rounders.

I see them running a two-man driving game, with JR Smith camping out on the other side.

They are going to be able to get layups all day, if they allow AI to pentrate on the same side as Melo, because there is no way the D can offer help from the 3 on AI. Melo will tear defenses up by being able to attack the rim off the dribble when he gets the kick, or by trailing.

The other players they have on the team aren't ball dominating players, they all are trash/hustle guys. (Outside of Boykins but I doubt you'll see much of an AI/Boykins backcourt.)

AI is averaging 15.9 shot attempts, compared to Miller's 9.9. It's not by any stretch of the imagination to think AI can drop two shot attempts, and other role players drop their's down to make it work.

Having two legit league leading scorers is going to be VERY hard to deal with for defenses.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    Philly now has their own pick, Denver's, and the Mavs pick which Denver got from Golden State. One very early, maybe 1, and 2 late ones. Building blocks indeed.
    I definately see Philly tanking it this season, not on purpose, they just don't have the talent. But if they draft right, they can really create something with how deep this draft is looking like.

If they can manage to draft a Kevin Durant, they will be in great shape barring no key loses during FA.

There are going to be some really good picks available at and around the #20 spot that would normally be a top 10 talent. Especially when you look at players like Chase Buddinger (sp?) that were pretty good prospects as high schoolers that walked into the college game a lot more polished than expected.

In other draft news, Phoenix has 2 first round picks, possibly 3 with one in the lottery, if Atlanta's pick isn't in the top 3. More at the site below.

http://www.nbadraft.net/#

To those who think it won't work, remember that Kiki Vandewegheand Alex English were the number one and two scorers in the league one year when they were on the Nuggets. There's a precedent.

This very well may be Iverson's last chance to get to the top. There are nos excuses as long as Camby stays healthy. If he gets hurt again, can Nene pick up the slack?

It'll be fun to watch regardless of what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    To those who think it won't work, remember that Kiki Vandewegheand Alex English were the number one and two scorers in the league one year when they were on the Nuggets. There's a precedent.

And those teams never made it to the Finals.