Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now That AI is off the market...

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Default Re: Now That AI is off the market...

hmm, with krstic out, nets will certainly have to consider rebuilding. carter will be available, maybe kidd too

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

If New Jersey could make its problems go away, there is still the confounding nature of a Carter disposition that is too often indifferent to honoring his other-worldly talents as a basketball player. For a season and a half with the Nets, everyone had been willing to take the good and the bad with him. No longer. Patience has run thin with Carter.

All along, coach Lawrence Frank has been relentlessly consistent in his defense and deference of Carter, but he finally abstained on Saturday night in Milwaukee. After it had been confirmed that burgeoning young forward Nenad Krstic was lost for the season with a torn ACL, the Nets needed a statement game out of Carter. What he dispensed was beyond disappointing – something downright disturbing.

Carter had been merely 0-for-5 shooting until making his first basket midway through the third quarter, a rash inactivity punctuated with Charlie Bell torching his defense on the way to the Bucks constructing a 25-point lead and a 115-104 victory. For the first time, Frank didn't bother defending Carter, answering a question about him with a telling 12 seconds of sighs and silence.

Inside and outside the organization, people have been stunned at how willing Carter has been to mail-in games this season. Thorn defended Carter's larger body of work in Jersey but acknowledged an "inconsistency" this season. He would go no further, but others have been far less polite in describing Carter's performance.

As his history has shown: The more a team comes to rely on Carter, the more prone he is to checking out on it. He has the sheer talent to be considered with the elite players in the sport, but something in his DNA repels the idea of bearing the total burdens of a franchise player. It happened in Toronto, and it appears to be happening with the Nets, too.

Krstic is gone for the season, Jefferson hasn't been himself with an ankle injury and a Half Man-Half Bored Carter isn't enough with Jason Kidd to simply out-talent the rest of the Atlantic Division. Thorn promises that he won't try to make a move to salvage the season and steal the illusion of success with a hollow division title. "If we made a deal of import, it will be with the long-range view in mind," he said.

Thorn isn't conceding the Atlantic, but gone is the belief that the Nets are due for an inevitable winning streak that would distance them from everyone else. It's not happening. The Nets have played an inordinate amount of home games – 19 in Jersey against 12 by the end of the month – and never took advantage of it. The New York Knicks are playing better, but they've had a softer schedule so far, too.
    we could probably get 1 or 2 seasons of "good" carter before boredom strikes, or 1 or 2 seasons of a healthy jason kidd. either way, as long as we don't give up our young guys...

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we could probably get 1 or 2 seasons of "good" carter before boredom strikes, or 1 or 2 seasons of a healthy jason kidd. either way, as long as we don't give up our young guys...
    Which is exactly what they would want, so there goes your philosophy I'm afraid. A shame really as, even though he is getting older and has a fat contract, I really still would like to have Jason Kidd on my team. Great leader, great vision, rebounding, assists, defense, etc. He sucks from downtown, so what? He makes people around him better and he could teach a lot of our guys a lot about basketball IMO.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    Which is exactly what they would want, so there goes your philosophy I'm afraid. A shame really as, even though he is getting older and has a fat contract, I really still would like to have Jason Kidd on my team. Great leader, great vision, rebounding, assists, defense, etc. He sucks from downtown, so what? He makes people around him better and he could teach a lot of our guys a lot about basketball IMO.

Regards,

Mourning
    I would take 2 decent seasons with Kidd running the point then 4 seasons with Tinsley.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I would take 2 decent seasons with Kidd running the point then 4 seasons with Tinsley.
    No doubt about that.

1st of all Kidd and his .340 from 3 the last 5 seasons would argue that he sucks from downtown. Who wants to pay him 20 million dollars when he's 36 years old in three years? How would we possibly aquire his contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    1st of all Kidd and his .340 from 3 the last 5 seasons would argue that he sucks from downtown. Who wants to pay him 20 million dollars when he's 36 years old in three years? How would we possibly aquire his contract?
    I take it you can and do actually read?

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    A shame really as, even though he is getting older and has a fat contract, I really still would like to have Jason Kidd on my team. Great leader, great vision, rebounding, assists, defense, etc. He sucks from downtown, so what? He makes people around him better and he could teach a lot of our guys a lot about basketball IMO.
    Wow! Exactly the things you talked about I mentioned 3 posts above.

Regards,

Mourning

Ooh.... a pissing contest, sweet. I read where you said he sucks from downtown. Then I showed you how incorrect you were to make that statement. The rest was just reinforcing your previously stated cons of going after Kidd.

Hold on ... 34% from downtown is considered "good"? And why leave out his 3PT FG% from this season (28.7%)? Jason Kidd is a great player and a lot, but a good 3 point shooter he's not.

And if you want to consider it a "pissing contest" then that's your call, not mine.

Regards,

Mourning

I included this years stats. I just didn't limit it to this years stats. Kidd isn't gonna win the three point shootout, but he doesn't suck. Reggie Miller shot .394 for his career. If Kidd and Miller both shot 100 three's Reggie would make 5 more on average. Daniels, Foster, Brevin Knight,Desmond Mason,Chris Paul...those guys suck at shooting threes.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why wouldn't you guys want Earl B? He can actually run the fastbreak effectively.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond