Thread: Tidbits...... From My Brain

Default Tidbits...... From My Brain

Iverson's still available. Why would a person in the national media make such bold predictions, like a specific date a trade would unfold if they didn't really know? Didn't Stephen A Smith say this would happen last Friday, and we all remember how many Tuesdays and Thursdays the Artest thing was predicted to go down. It doesn't make sense to just make up stuff.

Why are there so many blackouts this year. Two already. How many more am I gonna have to break out the boombox to listen to Slick and Mark? I don't remember having tofollow on the internet and such that often in the past.

I'm on record saying I'd like to see Maggette as a Pacer. I've read a few random posts around the Digest suggesting "He's always mentioned in trade talks" etc.. and I remember he was offered for Ronnie last year. I'm starting to back off on my position a little. If he's available, and has been for a couple of years, why hasn't anyone taken him off the Clipps hands? His contract is reasonable, his health is questionable, his stats look good but he sounds like a trouble maker.

Outside of his three point shot, Al Harrington isn't showing up for every game. Consider these numbers: 6 feet, 9 inches, 245 pounds & 4.3 rebounds a game over his last 10. Of the six guys with the most minutes played, he stands last in FT attempts and has the lowest % (yes lower than Jeff). What happened to the Al Harrington that averaged over three assists a game in Atlanta? He needs to be consistent. We've played the Magic three times and he's kicked 32,26 & 4. 18 boards against Milwaukee and 1 against the Knicks.

Lately, I've seen David Harrison pop up more on MySpace pages gettin' drunk at bars and cheesin' his *** off for pictures than actual basketball type activities.

Who is Marquis Daniels and why are we paying him 6-7 million a year for the next four years?

I think it's funny that every report on the "Melee at the Garden" still seems to center on the "Malice at the Palace". Stephen A. Smith compared Robinson to looking like Jackson. Which I assumed to mean "looking for a fight" and they show highlights from the Pacers/Piston brawl while they're talking about how Zeke may have warned Melo about a new Knicks play he designed called beat the crap out of the other team. From now on when fights break out can we just call them fights and not melee's,brawls,or malice's and who else is sick of hearing the terms "black-eye", "thugs" and the word "hook" when it isn't describing a sweet Kareem shot in the paint?

Default Re: Tidbits...... From My Brain

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From now on when fights break out can we just call them fights and not melee's,brawls,or malice's and who else is sick of hearing the terms "black-eye", "thugs" and the word "hook" when it isn't describing a sweet Kareem shot in the paint?
    Amen to that. I know it was awful but the media just sounds so patronizing about this stuff. Although, if NY was a brawl, then us at Detroit was a full scale riot. They got their just desserts so now we're moving on.

As far as trades, the effort undermanned at Chicago combined with two wins before yesterday bought the team some more time from me-as if they were listening to me or something.

Anyway, they have a pretty favorable schedule coming up the next week or so. Winning games they should will continue to buy them time to continue to gel. At least I hope that's what could be happening. However shoddy play might definitively sen me over to the no alternative but to try and root out the rotten core viewpoint. It should prove interesting.

I can't believe Al is so inconsistent. He's literally the last player on the team I would've expected this from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is Marquis Daniels and why are we paying him 6-7 million a year for the next four years?
    Who knows what's going on with him. I keep trying to look at the big picture thinking that he'll play better eventually, and that his place right now will be forgotton. But it could go the other way. Remember when Sarunas was playing so poorly in the preseason that he could've been cut? Now look at how well he's playing (very good, imo). And Rawle Marshall has all but disappeared after a strong preseason/start

gotta say amen about harrington in particular. he has been weak on the boards. REALLY weak at times. and his trips to the line are too often non-existant. i am not expecting him to be a full-time banger but when he plays over 30 min. a game like he often does and pulls down stuff like 4 or fewer rebs and hardly any foul shots combined with poor foul shooting (not even 66%) too, i have to wonder what his deal is. he really needs to bring it much more often than he has.
    as far as who is marquis daniels? - i have no idea. i still have no idea as to what he brings or is supposed to to this team