Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to "party reports" ???????

Default What happened to "party reports" ???????

Any particular reason there are none this time around ?
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Default Re: What happened to "party reports" ???????

Yes there is a very good reason. We all took a vow of slience - It actually started right after ABAdays called and ordered two large pepperoni pizzas - for delivery. -

It all started innocently enough, we were talking about Jermaine O'Neal. One thing led to another, a few explotives were exchanged but then suddenly and without warning Peck lost it. A few in the crowd called JO some bad names - choke artist extordinare, and someone actually called him something worse.

So Peck runs across the room and decks two guys, I mean knocks them out cold, so then I jump in - screaming something about "Artest rules, Ronnie forever - we traded the wrong superstar - I have no idea where all that came from - certainly doesn't sound like me (maybe I've kept it bottled up for too long) . Well then everyone else started grabbing me and knocking me silly. This went on for a few minutes, and it seemed like things were calming down until the brothers B-Rich and B-Richard both picked up dust pans and started just waving them in the air - it was crazy and hysterical at the same time - but for whatever reason that got the mob going again - pizza, beer bottles and chairs were then thrown, windows were broken out - the police were called and they finally restored order - but 10 of us were arrested and taken to lockup (they are going to let us out for the game today though)

That about sums it up. Other than that is was a quiet typical forum party. Jose vowed to never have one of these again he was heard muttering something like, "Pacers fans just aren't what they used to be"

-

The sad thing is, I bet Peck could have really turned my poor attempt at humor into a classic. But that was the best I could do on 3 hours of sleep, plus I need to leave for the game in a few. We missed you being there able

This was bound to happen with Peck in control. It's always been an explosive situation.

And actually UB, it was quite funny.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes there is a very good reason. We all took a vow of slience - It actually started right after ABAdays called and ordered two large pepperoni pizzas - for delivery. -

It all started innocently enough, we were talking about Jermaine O'Neal. One thing led to another, a few explotives were exchanged but then suddenly and without warning Peck lost it. A few in the crowd called JO some bad names - choke artist extordinare, and someone actually called him something worse.

So Peck runs across the room and decks two guys, I mean knocks them out cold, so then I jump in - screaming something about "Artest rules, Ronnie forever - we traded the wrong superstar - I have no idea where all that came from - certainly doesn't sound like me (maybe I've kept it bottled up for too long) . Well then everyone else started grabbing me and knocking me silly. This went on for a few minutes, and it seemed like things were calming down until the brothers B-Rich and B-Richard both picked up dust pans and started just waving them in the air - it was crazy and hysterical at the same time - but for whatever reason that got the mob going again - pizza, beer bottles and chairs were then thrown, windows were broken out - the police were called and they finally restored order - but 10 of us were arrested and taken to lockup (they are going to let us out for the game today though)

That about sums it up. Other than that is was a quiet typical forum party. Jose vowed to never have one of these again he was heard muttering something like, "Pacers fans just aren't what they used to be"

-

The sad thing is, I bet Peck could have really turned my poor attempt at humor into a classic. But that was the best I could do on 3 hours of sleep, plus I need to leave for the game in a few. We missed you being there able
    Hhehehe you at least had me smiling and there is little else to smile about here atm

You have no idea how bad I want to be at the next one my friend, no idea, and I don't know how yet, but I do vow to be there, even if it means not paying the rent for a month

able,

I was only there for the Pizza King portion this time, so somebody from the Perkins crowd could do a far more comprehensive job than I could.

Topics covered when I was there were:

Rick Carlisle
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Allen Iverson

Those three topics alone covered a fair portion of the night. I'm going to wait for Peck or somebody to do a complete wrap up, but it was enjoyable as always.
    “Seventy percent of me talking on the court is personally for me to get me
    motivated and going. Thirty percent is to see if I can get into the opponent’s head.”
    Reggie Miller

Peck undoubtedly will use the excuse that he is today's game, he's slacking lately

wussie behaviour, he could've gotten up at 8 am to write it :P just because you get home at 4 am is no reason to not get up t 8 am, I do that every day

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    Peck undoubtedly will use the excuse that he is today's game, he's slacking lately

wussie behaviour, he could've gotten up at 8 am to write it :P just because you get home at 4 am is no reason to not get up t 8 am, I do that every day
    Get to bed at 4a? Get up at 8a? Game at 2:30p? Is this deja vu? I think I heard this story not too long ago.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

Was Fingers there?
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Was Fingers there?
    No... but he was mentioned....
    “Seventy percent of me talking on the court is personally for me to get me
    motivated and going. Thirty percent is to see if I can get into the opponent’s head.”
    Reggie Miller

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

We are still waiting on Rat's not-so-secret recording (he played coy, but we thought the carnation pinned to his t-shirt was a bit out of place) to be turned into transcript form and posted.

At that point we will all begin the denial process.

For example, I did not, as reported, eat a bunch of pizza and then procede to eat a stack of blueberry pancakes and bacon about 2 hours later.

(what can I say, I was eating my way out of a hangover from the night before...do not mix sake and champagne and gin in the same night of drinking...and no I'm not kidding, it was that kind of Friday night)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't feel bad Seth, I probably ate the same amount of pizza. I then proceeded to have two over easy eggs, breakfast potatoes, and three pancakes.

Well I can list the lineup for the party at least.

ABA Days - via phone
    Arenn
    Believe in Blue
    Bill S
    Brich
    Brichard
    Diamond Dave
    Hicks
    Jose Slaughter
    Kegboy
    Magic Rat
    Naptown Seth
    Peck
    Pig Nash
    Roaming Gnome
    Shade
    Soup (Formally Soup is Good)
    Travmil
    Uncle Buck
    VA pacer fan

Thats 20, not to bad, this close to Christmas.

I can tell you the over mood was not overwhelming positive. The play during the Detriot & New York games did encourage hope amongst some.

Rick Carlise is generally viewed as the best coach available to us at this time. However most agree that something needs to be done, and soon, about the mix of players we have as it relates to the offense & defense that Carlise is running.

The group was widely divided on O'Neal. Arenn coined the phrase "choke artist extraordinaire". Most felt that O'Neal needed more help than he has now if he is to take us further into the playoffs. Kegboy had the line of the night... ... he just comes off as a *******ing p***y!

Allen Iverson As with the board in general, the opinions of Iverson vairied greatly at the party.

We then moved over to Perkins.

Most were happy with the ownership but the consensus on Walsh, Bird & the future was far from as glowing.

I think we touched on overall team defense. Naptown Seth mentioned our trouble dealing the pick and roll. I'd like to see an a stronger defender at the point than the 2 we're using now.

I think I bailed right after that. It was only 1 AM, someone else will have to fill in the details I left out as well as the post 1 AM part of the party, I missed.

Thanks to everyone that was able to attend.

Forum Party 14 will be in late June or early July.

Sports Logo

Wait a sec....so ABA Days was able to join by dialing in?

As in people not in Indy can dial in and join the fun?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    Kegboy had the line of the night... ... he just comes off as a *******ing p***y!
    Slander! Libel! You can't prove I said any such thing, [OJ]but, if I were to say such a thing, I would be saying it in regards to him being afraid of the letter C.[/OJ]
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Wait a sec....so ABA Days was able to join by dialing in?

As in people not in Indy can dial in and join the fun?
    ABA Days was our first call in.

He gave our host a message to pass along to us.

I'm sure his time on the phone from Iraq was very limited. I can't say enough how much that meant to me to have him take the time for us. I hope he will be able to be here for the next party, until then, stay safe sir.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm sure his time on the phone from Iraq was very limited. I can't say enough how much that meant to me to have him take the time for us. I hope he will be able to be here for the next party, until then, stay safe sir.

Total BS! I happen to know he called in from the Downtown Hyatt where he has been hiding from his 3 ex-wives for the last 8 mos. It's all been a sham guys. The closest he's gotten to Iraq was drinking Irani tea at a small spot in the CC mall.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    Total BS! I happen to know he called in from the Downtown Hyatt where he has been hiding from his 3 ex-wives for the last 8 mos. It's all been a sham guys. The closest he's gotten to Iraq was drinking Irani tea at a small spot in the CC mall.
    Hm. 3 ex-wives? I'm in a Muslim country. I can have 4 if I want. Tea in CC mall sounds awfully good right now.

Hey! I just realized. I was the first to do something on PD.

Thank you Jose.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    Hm. 3 ex-wives? I'm in a Muslim country. I can have 4 if I want. Tea in CC mall sounds awfully good right now.

Hey! I just realized. I was the first to do something on PD.
    and I'll gladly buy it for you when you get back (or something stronger if you wish)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

If they have no alcohol over there, he'll be a light weight by the time gets home, which is good, because if Geez is buying, he's kinda limited in his commissions right now. I mean, he may still be sitting on that sweet real estate 15 miles south of nowhere...uhh, I mean south of Spencer by the time ABA comes home....

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

Did we ever get Peck's usual 4 page report?
    Narf!

Mood

I don't think so, and frankly, I'm disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robobtowncolt View Post
    Did we ever get Peck's usual 4 page report?
    negative.

I for one and still hoping we see one soon.

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    negative.

I for one and still hoping we see one soon.
    Me too.
    Narf!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

He's also absent from the Donnie Walsh discussion that specifically names him.

Must be Xmas busy I assume.