Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Some quick odd thoughts about beating Detroit....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some quick odd thoughts about beating Detroit....

First let me say that I always love when Detroit comes to town because they always bring in their fans with them. In the past many have been just down right vile, but some of them have been cool.

Last night was no exception. I get to the game (late of course, d@mn you Walsh & the 7 p.m. starts) & when I sit down I see directly behind me a good old fashioned Chauncey Billups Jersey.

No big deal, I was going to leave him alone & I hoped he would do the same for me.

But noooooooooo. As I sit there a voice from on high (Roaming Gnome) yells down to me that I don't have to worry about getting Iverson because & I quote "they don't want any of our trash". I reply that I am still worried but I felt better with his comforting words.

I turn around & sit down when said Detroit fans says to me, "so you don't want Iverson".

I then replied with a long eloquent speech about how team game vs. individual game did not appeal to me & although I thought he had talent it just wasn't what I preferred. We then both agreed that World B. Free was a great player as well.

Ok, at least that's what I wish I would have done.

No, my real reply to him was "hell No"!!

He then went on to state that he thought J.O. & A.I. would be a great combo & before I could even answer Diamond Dave jumps in as though he were rushing up Mt. Suribachi to plant the flag & proceeds to list off every player that couldn't co-exist.

They guy then says "true enough".

Had he ended it there I would have been fine but no, he had to throw this in.

"You know Larry Bird tried to get Iverson before, right"? To which I replied "I knew Larry has stated that he was a fan but I didn't think he ever made any real overtures".

He then says "yes back when he was the coach he tried to get Iverson here & in fact had a trade done but the G.M. of the team Nixed the idea".

Of course I didn't try to explain that being the coach gave Bird no authority to make any trades or anything because this guy was on a roll.

So I say "I wonder who they were going to trade him for"?

"The deal was for Reggie Miller" to which I choked on my Diet Pepsi.

I couldn't even reply before this gem came out of his mouth.

"When they nixed the deal Larry Bird walked".

I didn't have the heart to break it to him about what really happened so I just changed the subject to how the pistons were doing.

He was all happy in the first half. Kept saying it was a good game. But by the middle of the third he had become very quiet, then by the middle of the fourth he got kind of happy again only to be quashed by the Pacers run at the end.

He didn't even stay to say goodbye.

Ok, now to the game.

Second best game I've seen this season & probably the best game I've seen really this season because it was vs. a good team. I liked the N.Y. game as well but they aren't the Pistons.

Rick Carlisle was great during this game. For once in his career he resisted the temptation to play down to a small lineup & in fact at times put a huge lineup on the floor.

At one time we had Saras, Williams, Granger, Baston, & O'Neal on the floor. That is freakin huge.

I have no idea though why Skip chose to go small in the 4th when J.O. began to terroize the Pistons in the paint. They only had Rasheed on him & he was out of it for most of the night.

Side note, it's always fun to watch Sheed & Violet Palmer in the same building. I keep wondering when he is going to swing at her. I have no sympathy for Wallace but d@mn she is a horrid ref.

I digress.

Back to Rick. I loved the offensive game set last night. This is what we were getting the first 8 games of the season & then down at the end we changed up & went low post. We had low post early in the game as well, but it was way more mixed in than it has been in some recent games.

I love this offense because everybody gets a chance to score & I think it is always more dangerous when a team can have several players in double figures.

So while there were several heros amongst the players let's not forget Rick on this game.

The Players.

Let's start with O'Neal.

He just flat out ruled the 4th quarter. Even though he had a massive stat line I want to pay him a bigger compliment. To me, he got his offense in the flow of the game. We did not force it into the post most of the night & when we went to that option at the end we had already given them several other types of offense so they had to be prepared for it as well.

It was proper to give J.O. the rock at the end & he more than earned the right to get those shots with his play.

When he plays like this & as a team everybody gets theirs it can be fun for everyone. This is why I was so dissapointed by the post game meeting after game 8.

This J.O. will get as much, if not more, points & boards by working in this offense than he would by us just making sure he gets his touches down low.

But hey, let's not turn this into that kind of debate again.

Let's all just sing the praises of J.O. for this game & say that he played on an MVP level in the 4th quarter.

Jacksons defense of Hamilton should not be disounted at all. He kept Rip out of it for most of the game & he made him work for most of his shots.

Also & this may not mean much to people but I think it's important. When our bench fought off a run by Detroit in the 3rd quarter the first person off of the bench & meeting the guys at almost the half court line was Jackson. He even beat Armstrong out there.

He genuinely looked happy & was very very very supportive.

Also, Mr. Cool, Jamaal Tinsley for some reason decided to be a rah-rah guy. He was there to slap hands with almost everyone who played with him on the floor after they hit a shot or made a play. he even once went all the way across the floor to give daps to Saras after a great pass he made to J.O.

Just like that N.Y. game, it seemed to me that everybody was on the same page & everybody was pulling for each other.

I think it is important to let the bench play & let them have some meaningfull min. if for no other reason than to develop team chemistry. I don't think there has to be a bench team & a starter team. I think you can filter in the bench guys & always keep a starter or two out there but I think it is vital to let Baston, Granger, Saras, (hopefully) Williams & Armstrong get some time. I would prefer letting Powell get a few min. here & there as well but I understand keeping the rotation to 10 or 11 men.

You'll notice I left Daniels out of that, well again Quis got a DNP-CD. Could be because they let Williams have a turn at home before he goes back to the I.L. But this isn't the first time Quis got one of these while being healthy. I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't fit into what Rick wants or he may have a discipline problem or what but he is not playing the time that I thought he would.

Danny was also very good last night. He missed a couple of spots vs. Prince but other than that I thought he did very well. I like the fact that he is mixing up his shot selection more & not just becomeing a 3 pt. specialist.

Al played very well & I love the fact that he is very quick with the ball. However Al did not get his first rebound until 18 min. into the game. That is obscene. Love the work on the blocks Al, but grab a d@mn board.

Jeff was ok. Nothing grand but nothing horrid either. Actually that sounds worse than it was. Jeff did a very good job out there but it really wasn't a special game from him, not that it needed to be.

For those that didn't see it Armstrongs shot from beyond the half court line was beautifull. You could tell it was going in when it left his hand just by the arc it took. Didn't count but hey it looked nice.

That contortionist from Romainia was weird. How the hell you can shoot an arrow with your feet from over & behind your head is beyond me.

Ok, for those in attendance. Who was with Walsh all night? Was that David Simon?

I did not see Harrison on the bench, was he there & I just missed him?

Great game by everyone & let's do the same on Friday.

Sorry this is kind of disjointed but I'm short on time. I'll try & add more later.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Re: Some quick odd thoughts about beating Detroit....

Originally posted by Peck View Post
    Also, Mr. Cool, Jamaal Tinsley for some reason decided to be a rah-rah guy. He was there to slap hands with almost everyone who played with him on the floor after they hit a shot or made a play. he even once went all the way across the floor to give daps to Saras after a great pass he made to J.O.
    Good post as always Pecky!

I'm thinking Tinsley is well aware of what Pacer forums say about him and he's trying to come around. IF he were like this all the time there would be no way he would even be mentioned in a trade. Well no that's not true, he would be mentioned as a player that's untouchable.

That leads to another thought. For most of the last year both Tins and Jax have been mentioned as players most would like to see traded. However, it's now obvious from their demeanor that Jax and Tins are trying hard to do the right thing. When you remember that they are young men you have to tip your hat to them.

All of which makes sitting in Bird and Walsh's seats a very hard job. What was it Bird said, "One of your players getting in trouble was like having one of your children get in trouble, or words to that effect.

So right now I don't want either traded, even thought I've wanted both traded in the past. If I don't want it, how does Bird feel about it?

Glad it's his job and not mine! However he's always said he'll do a trade if he thinks it will make the Pacers better. That's one reason I'm not worried one way or the other about AI. If we get him, okay! If not, I take it to mean Philly wanted more than we were willing to give up.

All this to say I slept though the game, so I'm glad to hear those descriptions of Jax and Tins conduct. I LIKE players that do that sort of thing!

Comment

Harrison was sick and re-aggravated the shoulder, according to Stacy Paetz.

Good report, as usual.

One other thing. I heard a post-game interview on the radio with Tins, and he sounded involved and like he cared about the interview. Blew my mind. That is all.

Comment

Warning to Will..........Just remember that between beatings abusive spouses are very loving and attentive too.

That said, I must admit for the most part I've been happy with JT this year and have been laying off the trade demands for him.

Jax OTOH I list as an unpredictable knucklehead in the Ron Artest ilk. Interviews well and says the right thing and just when you think things are gonna work he does something stupid again.
        Ever notice how friendly folks are at a shootin' range??.

Comment

Marquis and Harrison as filler in an AI trade where the Pacers are a third
          team to help say a team like Minnesota? Is that why they did not play?
          Highly unlikely but that could be the Pacers roll in any AI trades
          {o,o}
          |)__)
          -"-"-

Comment

When you make shots, play with enthusiasm, and avoid turnovers you win. We did all that last night.

Maybe the front office ought to float trade rumors weekly. Each player seemed to be playing last night like he'd rather not move on.

For sure this year, we need to follow the old coach's maxim - "Don't get too high with the wins and too low with the losses."

Comment

Originally posted by sixthman View Post

For sure this year, we need to follow the old coach's maxim - "Don't get too high with the wins and too low with the losses."
              Amen! As long as it's not losing to the Knicks or Lakers I can take it.

With them when we lose I throw myself down and pound the floor with my fists and kick it with my feet, all while hollering and screaming at the top of my lungs.
              With wins I just run around the house screaming.

With other teams when we lose I frown. When we win against other teams I nod and give a thumbs up.

Comment

Originally posted by Peck View Post
                Ok, for those in attendance. Who was with Walsh all night? Was that David Simon?
                I don't think it's David Simon. Maybe David Morway? Maybe someone else can help us out.....

Danny does some stretches with a giant rubber band while DA tries to work off some excess energy just after tipoff.........
                PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Comment

Great post, Peck!! The piston fan brings to mind Reggie's very last game against Detroit, in the playoffs, I thought I'd share.

My wife and I sit down lower level, at one end, behind the basket and two women in Piston garb are right next to me. One probably early 20s and the other late 50s, I got the eye roll from the older one. I talked friendly to the younger one during warm ups. I don't care, I'm so excited, I'm not mad at them, I actually give them props for coming into the opposing arena. She was tolerant of my being nice, then the older yells out, without provocation... "My Nephew, Chauncey Billups", my wife and I kinda stop and look at each other. Again she loudly says "My Nephew Chauncey Billups". My wife and I bust out laughing.

It turns out the younger girl was his cousin and yes the older one his Aunt. Throughout the game we hear about 25 times, "My Nephew, Chauncey Billups"... so funny.

Now around our house, he's not Billiups, Chauncy, or even Chauncey Billups, but the full formal address of MY NEPHEW, CHAUNCY BILLUPS.

Comment

Couple of points about JO.

Anyone else notice a trend over the years - JO plays better after a few games off. Please don't infer this as a negative comment - I just think I've noticed a trend.

I can usually tell awith about 90% certainty when JO's post moves will result in two points. Whenever he makes an agressive hard move and frees up some space with his quickness and get up in the air, he will make the shot most of the time. When you tries to power through players - his shot gets blocked as often as it doesn't. When he isn't strong with the ball - he usually misses. Last night he had a couple of excellent moved on Rasheed.

Peck, Flip almost always goes small when it is winning time in the fourth quarter. He moves Sheed to center and puts Prince at power forward. That is his normal lineup in the last 6 minutes of close games.

Billups is a very good defender but for whatever he has a lot of trouble with Tinsley

Comment

Originally posted by Unclebuck View Post
                      Couple of points about JO.

Anyone else notice a trend over the years - JO plays better after a few games off. Please don't infer this as a negative comment - I just think I've noticed a trend.

I can usually tell awith about 90% certainty when JO's post moves will result in two points. Whenever he makes an agressive hard move and frees up some space with his quickness and get up in the air, he will make the shot most of the time. When you tries to power through players - his shot gets blocked as often as it doesn't. When he isn't strong with the ball - he usually misses. Last night he had a couple of excellent moved on Rasheed.

Peck, Flip almost always goes small when it is winning time in the fourth quarter. He moves Sheed to center and puts Prince at power forward. That is his normal lineup in the last 6 minutes of close games.

Billups is a very good defender but for whatever he has a lot of trouble with Tinsley
                      I think with his improved conditioning, JO has been doing better this year with that but I believe you are correct to some extent. I attribute that to him being one of the few players in the NBA that play hard on both sides of the ball and are expected to dominate on both sides as well.

Comment

A nice win and as Peck notes very much a team effort. So I am happy.

At that same time, however, I thought the Pistons were rather listless in this game. There were points in the third quarter for instance where I found myself thinking-We've played a very good game. They have not played particularly well and yet every time I look up we're only up 5-7 points. The Pistons only really turned on the intensity in a few short stretches.

What's the point? I don't know. Could the game be a sort of false positive? Not if we can get some consistency in that type of effort/performance. Plus, that's one way of winning games in the NBA-take advantage if the opponent doesn't quite bring it.

3 of 5 coming at home and 4 of 5 look winable with the seeming challenge being Utah at home Sunday. We need to reel off some wins and get a couple games over .500. The entire team contribution is key.

Peck's point about not thinking in terms of specific 1st and 2nd unit is interesting. It's like our top 10 guys against anyone else's. We can exploit that against a good number of teams but we need to string together enough good games in that vein to establish it as our identity/calling card.
                        I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Comment

Originally posted by D-BONE View Post
                          Peck's point about not thinking in terms of specific 1st and 2nd unit is interesting. It's like our top 10 guys against anyone else's. We can exploit that against a good number of teams but we need to string together enough good games in that vein to establish it as our identity/calling card.
                          Don't you guys think we're too deep? Like we should maybe string together some quantity to get some more quality?

Comment

Originally posted by rexnom View Post
                            Don't you guys think we're too deep? Like we should maybe string together some quantity to get some more quality?
                            Do you mean do we need to make a trade? Sorry but I was kind of unclear how to interpret the question. If that is what you're intimating, I think at some point, we could stand a move.

Wouldn't necessarily have be a blockbuster, but one that added one more player who could SOMEHOW contribute significantly. Don't know in what specific area nor how realistic it would be to actually make a deal like that happen.
                            I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Comment

Originally posted by D-BONE View Post
                              Do you mean do we need to make a trade? Sorry but I was kind of unclear how to interpret the question. If that is what you're intimating, I think at some point, we could stand a move.

Wouldn't necessarily have be a blockbuster, but one that added one more player who could SOMEHOW contribute significantly. Don't know in what specific area nor how realistic it would be to actually make a deal like that happen.
                              That is exactly what I mean. And I agree that we don't need a blockbuster trade, necessarily. AI would be great but I don't think our core group is bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X