Thread: Can I eat my meal in peace??

Default Can I eat my meal in peace??

Okay, this may sound petty, but I can't believe how many times this has happened. Maybe other tune it out, but I can't/don't.

Why the do people think it's okay to blow their nose at the table in a restaurant??

It's fast becoming a pet peeve of mine. Do we not have any manners anymore as a society? I was in Vegas a few weeks ago at Bellagio and this guys starts blwoing his nose at the table next to us. Not just a quick blow, but a repeated honker, where he then had to do some excavating to make sure everything was clear. Then I'm at Bravo the other day and a guy does the same thing. Today I was sitting the in the dining room at McDonalds and a guy starts clearing the pipes. WTF!?? Is it that hard to excuse yourself and take care of business? It just amazes me.

This bug anyone else.....or are you one of those people who thinks it's okay?
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Default Re: Can I eat my meal in peace??

I'm too busy hearing my phone ring, answering machine, or pager go off when I set down to eat lunch to notice what's happening around me.

Those things could be stone quiet all day but let me put something in the microwave, take something off the grill, return with a sack of food from the drive thru, or stop in for a quick bite and within seconds the things just go off like clockwork.

Oddly, it doesn't matter what time I decide to eat. Somebody is obviously watching me...

-Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, this may sound petty, but I can't believe how many times this has happened. Maybe other tune it out, but I can't/don't.

Why the do people think it's okay to blow their nose at the table in a restaurant??

It's fast becoming a pet peeve of mine. Do we not have any manners anymore as a society? I was in Vegas a few weeks ago at Bellagio and this guys starts blwoing his nose at the table next to us. Not just a quick blow, but a repeated honker, where he then had to do some excavating to make sure everything was clear. Then I'm at Bravo the other day and a guy does the same thing. Today I was sitting the in the dining room at McDonalds and a guy starts clearing the pipes. WTF!?? Is it that hard to excuse yourself and take care of business? It just amazes me.

This bug anyone else.....or are you one of those people who thinks it's okay?
    People are nasty.

That's all that needs to be said. After working in the food service department, you learn that most people are weird and gross. Sure, theres a few normal people who have manners, but the majority I see when I go to restaurants or am waiting on them at work, have absolutely no manners at all and are completely obnoxious. Of course, I live in Atlanta..so that may have alot to do with it.

I enjoy eating in quite sometimes but sometimes eating while people are blowing their noses, coughing and phones ringing it reminds me of home. Six people and four being guys. Sure when I'm with a girl it is nice to be in a place were nose blowing is outcast, but well other than that folk are gross and well good luck finding a place were quite is really around.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mid-1960's........Terre Haute, Indiana.

Hole-ina-wall joint called Coney Island near the Bus Station. The girls had 10:00 curfew during the week so as soon as we dropped them off at the dorm we'd head down there.
    For the uninitiated, there was a juke box on the back wall with one record in it. It was a Greek instrumental song, played over and over.
    We'd get a bottle (made of glass) of Mountain Dew and a coupla chili dogs (coneys) with onion and mustard and bet on the cockroaches as they raced across the countertop.

Yep, we were fulla manners and couth.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..