Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vecsey says Pacers offering everyone except JO and Grange for AI

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Vecsey says Pacers offering everyone except JO and Grange for AI

So, if we're to believe the writing on the wall, the Celtics, Nuggets and Pacers are the only teams really making a push at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Mushmouth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, if we're to believe the writing on the wall, the Celtics, Nuggets and Pacers are the only teams really making a push at this point?
    I hear it's between Golden State and Boston. I think the Pacers only get in the mix if those teams won't give up the young guys Philly wants.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I hear it's between Golden State and Boston. I think the Pacers only get in the mix if those teams won't give up the young guys Philly wants.
    It seems highly unlikely that Golden State will give up Ellis, because he seems like Iverson Lite right now, and he's a decade younger. Boston, with good reason, seems to be "it" in Boston for their future. Not to mention, I see no reason Philly would give AI to their next door neighbors and division rivals! Usually superstars are traded to the other CONFERENCE, and nearly never within their own DIVISION. I see absolutely no reason why Philly would do that to themselves.

Indy is sitting pretty, IMO.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Before anyone gets too dismissive of Vecsey, he broke the Artest for Peja deal last year.
    Which time?

He also broke the Bender to the Lakers trade IIRC.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Up to this point, I haven't commented on any of the AI frenzy/speculation, but I just want to voice my opinion here. I honestly believe we should not go after Iverson. He's already peaked, and if he doesnt bring a championship here within 2-3 years, then we will just be stuck with a declining player with a large salary (assuming he's given an extension). Yes, he's a great talent but to get him we would have to either give up Tinsley or Harrington, or possibly both. Tinsley has been playing well and is on probably his longest consecutive game streak he's had in a while. Harrington, on the other hand, is the guy we spent all summer trying to get. He's a fan friendly player and seems to be a good chemistry guy. On top of that, he is our only post threat after Jermaine. We don't need a guy that is going to come in and score 30 pts while shooting 30 shots. We don't even know how he and JO would co-exist..or if they could. Of course this is JMO and can easily be argued. Feel free to bash away...

I agree. I think Philly is just sitting around and waiting to see which team (Boston or Golden State) blinks first and gives up the young players Philly wants.

I think Indy only gets seriously in the running on Friday, when Al Harrington can be traded. If by then Boston and Golden State still haven't budged by then, then Philly will probably seriously look at what Indy has to offer.

Indy is probably just throwing their name in the hat just in case anyone wants to take Jack or Tinsley off their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post

He also broke the Bender to the Lakers trade IIRC.
    That is not the way I remember it at all

Mood

Im starting to think that Golden State will get AI
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

I also remember Vescey's Reggie to the Knicks/Lakers from '96.

I honestly don't remember Vescey ever reporting that a trade will occur and it turns out the trade doesn't happen. . He reports teams are talking or maybe a certain proposed deal is close, but when Vescey says a deal is done it's done. But if you notice he rarely says a deal is done.

I think people read what they want to read and if they read Vescey report that the Pacers are offering the Sixers Al, Jax and JT for Iverson - then people run with it and infer that Vescey is saying the trade will actually take place when all he's saying is the pacers are offering so and so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Before anyone gets too dismissive of Vecsey, he broke the Artest for Peja deal last year.
    Not too mention SAS did indicate Indiana was one of the teams in the running a few times within the last few days, even though he didn't say the Pacers this morning when asked to name a few , he acted as if it's always changing on who was in the lead.

Plus the Boston Globe cited a source indicated Indiana was on the short list, among a few other sources or outlets have mentioned the Pacers.

It still could be misinformation, but it would sound like to me , that it would be misinformation purposely being leaked from the TPTB.

Why Not Us ?

Tinsley, Jax and Qui - YES! That's my stance and I'm sticking to it.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

If the Pacers don't trade Granger I don't see how they get AI. Tinsley's extremely injury prone, Jackson is a thug that his own team doesn't want, and Quis is a decent player but IMO not too much more. AI's a HOF calibre player(and it makes me mad to admit it considering I'm a Kings fan and he dissed Sacto). If he does get traded to Indy than good luck but IMO it'll cost you Granger.

And your 1st rounder belongs to ATL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsfanbmiller View Post
    If the Pacers don't trade Granger I don't see how they get AI. Tinsley's extremely injury prone, Jackson is a thug that his own team doesn't want, and Quis is a decent player but IMO not too much more. AI's a HOF calibre player(and it makes me mad to admit it considering I'm a Kings fan and he dissed Sacto). If he does get traded to Indy than good luck but IMO it'll cost you Granger.

And your 1st rounder belongs to ATL.
    Iverson will be 32 in June. 1 or 2 years isn't worth giving up Danny.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan View Post
    but one or two championships would be
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan View Post
    Unless it includes dominance in the East and the possibility of a championship, which is the point of this whole thing.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

I wish there was a way to keep Tinsley and get Iverson. I'm only saying that because Iverson's best years were spent at the 2-guard with Eric Snow being the point. Then again, Orien Green kind of fits the Eric Snow mold.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

OK, seems nobody wants to give up Granger to get AI. How good can Granger get? I love his game right now, but he's got to get a lot better. Probably better than JO for us to even think about winning a Championship. Could that ever happen? What is Granger's ceiling?

The very little I've seen Shawne Williams play he seems very similar to Granger. Is Williams a Granger clone? Is his upside higher or lower? Would we even miss Granger if Williams pans out?

I want to win a Championship. What gives us a better chance, AI paired up with JO, or wait for Granger to reach his potential? I figure if we get AI we have about a 3 years window to win it all. I can live with that gamble. I'm a JO fan, but I think we need someone with him, that's better than him in order to win a championship. AI and JO would be a great 1-2 punch, AI never had anyone that good with him when he took Philly to the finals.

I don't think people are understanding the magnitude of possibly getting the NBA's leading scorer and one of the greatest NBA players ever.

If any of this goes down I hope we can keep Foster. He's already one of the premiere garbage men, with all the attention AI and JO will get, Foster could rule the boards even more.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    If any of this goes down I hope we can keep Foster. He's already one of the premiere garbage men, with all the attention AI and JO will get, Foster could rule the boards even more.
    Amen

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

All this Iverson-to-the-Pacers talk reminds me of when Barkley was available and Indiana was rumored to be on the short list of potential takers. We didn't do what was necessary then, and we won't with Iverson, either.

Walsh (now Bird?) has never been prone to give up the future in hopes of winning now. I'd much rather we would have pulled the trigger on the Barkley deal than to go after Iverson now.

I'll be extremely surprised if Iversion ends up in Indiana.

OK, seems nobody wants to give up Granger to get AI. How good can Granger get? I love his game right now, but he's got to get a lot better. Probably better than JO for us to even think about winning a Championship. Could that ever happen? What is Granger's ceiling?

The very little I've seen Shawne Williams play he seems very similar to Granger. Is Williams a Granger clone? Is his upside higher or lower? Would we even miss Granger if Williams pans out?

I want to win a Championship. What gives us a better chance, AI paired up with JO, or wait for Granger to reach his potential? I figure if we get AI we have about a 3 years window to win it all. I can live with that gamble. I'm a JO fan, but I think we need someone with him, that's better than him in order to win a championship. AI and JO would be a great 1-2 punch, AI never had anyone that good with him when he took Philly to the finals.

I don't think people are understanding the magnitude of possibly getting the NBA's leading scorer and one of the greatest NBA players ever.

Q. F. F'n. T.

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    but one or two championships would be
    LOL you are a funny guy, are you dave chappelle?

Oh poo! People understand that point. Why can't you and others understand not everyone agrees with your point of view?

My own viewpoint is AI would certainly make the Pacer's better, but there's no guarantee he would even make us more than contenders on paper. For instant what if we lost JO for the playoffs?

Concerning AI, whatever management does is okay with me. They know more than everyone on here put together. That's not saying whatever they do will make me happy, far from it. I have two Pacers I really like, Granger and Williams. I'm not going to like giving up either.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Oh poo! People understand that point. Why can't you and others understand not everyone agrees with your point of view?

My own viewpoint is AI would certainly make the Pacer's better, but there's no guarantee he would even make us more than contenders on paper. For instant what if we lost JO for the playoffs?

Concerning AI, whatever management does is okay with me. They know more than everyone on here put together. That's not saying whatever they do will make me happy, far from it. I have two Pacers I really like, Granger and Williams. I'm not going to like giving up either.
    Thank you for that.

I see this as more of an Indy Pacer type sitution with Artest. The "deal is imminent" for weeks before it happens.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Of course there are no guarantee's, duh. I love Granger too. Are we contenders now? Hell no! Will Granger or Williams make us contenders in the near future? Maybe, maybe not, I'm betting the odds are better with AI. What if we lost JO for the playoff? Oh poo, what if the sky falls, or the NBA folds, or Granger or Williams have a career ending injury. What ifs will drive a person crazy.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"