Thread: question for anyone with Pacers "inside" info...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Question question for anyone with Pacers "inside" info...

the thread title got cut off the full title is:

Question for anyone with Pacers "inside" info on any pending trades"

....this is a question for the folks on here that have inside info on what the Pacers are up to right now....Id like to know if there are really any serious discussions between Philly and Indiana ? not only just Iversion but maybe someone else in a 3 team trade or whatever.

If you can not give too much info thats understandable but atleast give us some kind of hint if you can

I didnt start this thread for people to fight about a trade or anything like that i was just inquiring about any pending Pacers trades, also i hope this is in the right section
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Banned

Default Re: question for anyone with Pacers "inside" info...

OK, just suppose.....

The Pacers had put in a STRONG bid for Iverson, but for some reason the trade went down with Denver because of friendships between a certain new 76er vice President-consultant. Why would the Pacers want Iverson? Take a long hard look at Jamal Tinsley- who would you rather have jacking up shots and not playing defense????

The Chicago Bulls had called the Pacer office wanting to unload two expiring contracts, two players and a future first round pick, on the flip side the Pacer office maybe has contacted two western franchises about a blockbuster 3 team trade if all three teams are hovering at .500 or a tad below.

Suppose a team out in Mormon territory had inquired about a shooting guard, but wanted you to take a bad contract back.

Last but not least a City of Angels team contacting the P's about the availability of a point guard, but the P's would have to sweeten the pot with a, say a Jeff Foster type of player for at least 2 expiring contracts and a big.

Yes, this stuff could have been bandied around quite a bit, might even be talked about today (at least here on the digest it will be),

I will say this for sure...THERE IS NO UNTOUCHABLE PLAYER ON THIS FRANCHISE !

Personally, It would not surprize me to see 3 players minimum, being moved at the All Star break.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

ok i'll bite

i don't know where you got your info, friend, but i like to speculate just as much as the next guy

so presumably the bulls are offering p.j. brown, sweetney, ben gordon, luol deng?/tyrus thomas? and a pick for jermaine? not a bad package if we're set on rebuilding, but i wouldn't go for it just yet.

jazz want stephen jackson (or is it quis) for harpring? i wouldn't do it, harpring is on the decline. harpring is not better than jack this season, and he won't improve either. now if the jazz are offering an inducement (say, a 2007 1st or maybe cj miles), i'd consider it.

last item, i would guess that's the lakers inquiring after tinsley and foster, and they're offering kwame and 2 expirings - mckie? mihm? williams? i would go for that, but lakers had better send back a pg - smush parker at least, or maybe farmar.

Banned

I did say suppose...............

I should put a disclaimer about all my info, but if you check around some of the old timers around the board that know me.,Peck.,etc you might learn that I was a part of the franchise from 1986 to 1998 where I have more then a few friendships that still work at Conseco Fieldhouse-no, these friends are not in the food, retail or custodial services, but in the "creative" area and "game day" area, not to mention one of the actual Department directors for the Pacers. As I said and always will say...what I hear and what I post may be the "story" to a point, then you take it to the next level. Many trades are called in every day to Donnie Walsh's office, I would estimate that 90% are just feelers to guage the current position of the franchise. 5% have some merit , 3 % have a real chance of happining and 2 % are just B.S. seeing where the spray lands from hitting the fan, or to get other Beat writers, national talk show hosts or former players something to talk about.

I don't speculate on any trades unless I am asked. I will tell you the probability and the whys or why nots a trade that you think should happen, won't or will happen. I will also say that the players that you mentioned in the City of Angels trade were WAY off the target...Think Walton, McKie and Cook...Kwawme !!!!! LOL

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL @ Tinsley and Foster for Walton, McKie, and Cook. The Lakers must think Donnie is on crack.

That Bulls trade isn't horrible, but I think (hope?) we may be able to do a bit better than that.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    jazz want stephen jackson (or is it quis) for harpring? i wouldn't do it, harpring is on the decline. harpring is not better than jack this season, and he won't improve either. now if the jazz are offering an inducement (say, a 2007 1st or maybe cj miles), i'd consider it.
    it'd have to be jackson, the jazz are hunting for an outside shooter... from what we've seen that most definitely isn't quis. but neither seem like a sloan player.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

well, in my defense i figured kwame would be expendable if the lakers are getting foster. anyway, i had fun guessing

tinsley for cook/walton/mckie isn't nearly as palatable. i like walton but our swingman positions seem pretty set for the future with danny, quis, and shawne

lakers' expirings should be much more attractive to a rebuilding team. maybe they'll try to get andre miller from philly with a similar package if they're after a new starting pg.

btw, i don't doubt you've heard this info from some legit source. they make sense from the teams' perspectives. i only meant myself when i mentioned "speculation"

Good to see a post from you again Smash!

I just wanted to ask about that three team blockbuster. Was a Washington team and a good shooting point guard involved?

Quote Originally Posted by DaSMASH View Post
    I have more then a few friendships that still work at Conseco Fieldhouse-no, these friends are not in the food, retail or custodial services,

Smash, thanks for the banter, but I will add never discount what those who are in the custodial services have to say. While I don't or never have had that vocation I can say for a fact they do find out things. Remember folks to always shred those documents.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Banned

Will, Washington was one of the teams talking, but after last nights win over the Bulls......Maglore is HIGH on the Pacers list, but word is that they will just wait until he becomes a free agent this summer...if that happens...he could sign an extention with Portland and then be traded. Maglore hasn't done much to bring up his trade value. Word around is that the Pacers have fielded calls from as many at 16 teams after O'Neal made his statement about him and the Pacers maybe going their seperate ways. O'Neal may have already told Donnie that he wants a trade, but isn't going the Artest route.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

BUMP. I never go into this forum, so of course I am really surprised by this thread. How did I miss this?

Thanks for the info, Smash!
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Mood

Will, Washington was one of the teams talking.
    not about Gilbert, we got him locked up for life after this year. bank on it.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Banned

Reply to Robertmto:

Until Gilbert hits a "big shot" in the playoffs, hes still just another guard with a high scoring average....see Allen Iverson and how many titles that hes won for Philly.

No, The Pacers were not interested in Gilbert as they are not naive to think the WIzBullets would move him. The Pacers try:

Foster and Tinsley for Antonio Daniels and Etan Thomas

Both Foster and Thomas have trade kickers which even out the trade.

Reply to Robertmto:

Until Gilbert hits a "big shot" in the playoffs, hes still just another guard with a high scoring average....see Allen Iverson and how many titles that hes won for Philly.

No, The Pacers were not interested in Gilbert as they are not naive to think the WIzBullets would move him. The Pacers try:

Do you mean the Pacers are talking about that deal, offered that deal, or is that just an idea? Just curious.

Reply to Robertmto:

I really don't like that trade. Rather than that, I would demote Tinsley and try a back court of Daniels and Dun.

Mood

AD has been on the block since (Eddie) Jordan's 2nd year, we can't move him because Grunfeld thinks too highly of him.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond