Thread: I'm back!

Exclamation I'm back!

Student teaching is over (unofficially; my final evaluation was today and I did very well!), so I finally have a life again! I know I've still been around, but believe me I've been here much less than usual. I haven't read nearly as much of the board as I usually do either. Now that I'm back, some things I've seen but had to let go due to time constraints get addressed.

Seriously, I am so relieved. I had a huge ball of stress over this whole thing right up to my presentation after school today, but in the end it went well, I got great "grades", and my work for the semester is over!

This is my first evening in a looooooong time where I have nothing to do but whatever the hell I feel like doing. That feels fantastic!

Default Re: I'm back!

I'd suggest watching the Pacers game, as it promises to be interesting if nothing else.

Welcome back!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Student teaching is over (unofficially; my final evaluation was today and I did very well!), so I finally have a life again! I know I've still been around, but believe me I've been here much less than usual. I haven't read nearly as much of the board as I usually do either. Now that I'm back, some things I've seen but had to let go due to time constraints get addressed.

Seriously, I am so relieved. I had a huge ball of stress over this whole thing right up to my presentation after school today, but in the end it went well, I got great "grades", and my work for the semester is over!

This is my first evening in a looooooong time where I have nothing to do but whatever the hell I feel like doing. That feels fantastic!
    Congrats man!!!! As a fellow student teacher I can kind of understand what you just accomplished. You will be a great teacher. What grade will you be teaching?

Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01 View Post
    Congrats man!!!! As a fellow student teacher I can kind of understand what you just accomplished. You will be a great teacher. What grade will you be teaching?
    I'll be licensed from K through 6, so there are many possibilities. My student teaching has been in a 6th grade classroom, but I'm up for anything.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Glad to hear it went well, Hicks....er Mark!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Congrats and good luck, Hicks!

I hear the DZCFKWCRGAWTLTDOSGT has some openings.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I'll be licensed from K through 6, so there are many possibilities. My student teaching has been in a 6th grade classroom, but I'm up for anything.
    Sounds great. I have a couple of freinds who have their elementary certification. I have great admiration for elementary teachers. What is your teaching philosophy Piaget, or Vygotsky or both?

Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01 View Post
    Sounds great. I have a couple of freinds who have their elementary certification. I have great admiration for elementary teachers. What is your teaching philosophy Piaget, or Vygotsky or both?
    I believe in both. I think it depends on the child, and perhaps the subject or topic being taught.

Congratulations, Hicks!

I am too following the teacher's education. This year I'm more or less doing the theoretical part, next year I'm doing my teaching practices.

Piaget and Vygotsky? Heard of 'em, yes.
    Word on the street is he doesn't want your money, he only wants to please your ears...
    Bum in Berlin on Myspace

Piaget and Vygotsky? Unusual pairing of a base guitar with a violin right? Yeah, I've heard their duet. Does that mean you teach elementary school children music?

Piaget ? great watches, out of reach for me though, I believe JO has one, but at $ 500 K a bit "ott".

Great to hear Mark, I'm proud of ya
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

No stress here....go find a job.

Mrs G has been a teacher since......uh well not as far back as one room school houses anyway. (HS...Foreign Language)

I kept trying to get my license but everyone was hellbent on talking me out of it. 40 years later I've retired and have NO INTEREST in teaching now.

Congrats Mr. Hicks (BTW...right down the street from me is a sign for Hicks Realty...you out to make the big bucks???)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Congrats Hicks!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.