Thread: Vince Young is talented!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Vince Young is talented!

I know many outside of Texas and Tenn. didn't see the game yesterday, but Young is pretty good. I'm not a big UT fan, but Young looks like he did last season. Of course it was Houston he was playing and he was pumped up in front of his home town crowd, but he is playing as well as nayone not named Brees right now. It was fun to watch him cap off the win himself with that amazing run.

Overall, this rookie class has to be one of the best in a long time. Cutler didn't look good yesterday, but having to play San Diego's D your second game out isn't easy. Bush was Bush, as stated in the other thread, and that other rookie QB had a pretty good game as well.

Default Re: Vince Young is talented!

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know many outside of Texas and Tenn. didn't see the game yesterday, but Young is pretty good. I'm not a big UT fan, but Young looks like he did last season. Of course it was Houston he was playing and he was pumped up in front of his home town crowd, but he is playing as well as nayone not named Brees right now. It was fun to watch him cap off the win himself with that amazing run.

Overall, this rookie class has to be one of the best in a long time. Cutler didn't look good yesterday, but having to play San Diego's D your second game out isn't easy. Bush was Bush, as stated in the other thread, and that other rookie QB had a pretty good game as well.
    This upcoming years rookie draft should be loaded as well.

VY has led his team to 3 straight come from behind wins at the end of the game. I'd look out for them as a sleeper next year. They still need to improve their defense and could use some help on the O-Line. You are also forgetting about Leinart. He torched the Seahawks with some help from Edge. Thats back to back 115 yard games for Edge. I also like the Cardinals as a sleeper next year as long as Denny Green and his staff are out of the desert. Their O-Line has definitely improved recently.

Default Re: Vince Young is talented!

I was at the game on Sunday. Everyone in the building (Texans fans, Titans fans, Longhorn fans, Texans fans that wanted VY that were dressed as Titans fans) knew how the game would end and that it was just a matter of time. The young man has been doing this with consistency since high school; this being finding a way to win, usually at the very end.

As a Texans supporter who thought that the decision to draft VY was a no-brainer, I'm almost, but not quite, ashamed to admit that the last play of the game made me smile. The Titans were already my 2nd favorite team anyway. Acquiring Vince has significantly narrowed the gap.