Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 64

Thread: It's time to blow it up

  1. #1
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,967

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default It's time to blow it up

    I told you all so. I was smart not to get my hopes up this time, so though I'm disappointed, I'm also not surprised. At least this time, the wheels came off before the playoffs.

    This "defense" is an embrassment to high school squads, let alone an NFL team. And when the offense isn't producing, we have no chance in hell. No more than 5% of this "defense" should be retained next season. And no number of injuries is a legitimate excuse for it being THIS bad. They just don't have any heart.

    The bye is about to go bye-bye. Another early playoff exit is on the horizon. I would refer to them as the "Dolts," but they don't deserve to have a "D" anywhere near their name.

    Ladies and gentlemen, your In ianapolis Colts. :

  2. #2
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,967

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Btw, like Stephen Jackson, I want Tony Dungy GONE. His strength is supposed to be as a defensive coach, and we have one of the worst run defenses EVER. He also is not ballsy at all, always opting for the conservative. We need a REAL coach in here.

  3. #3
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,194

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    I don't know to what extent Dungy is involved in the personnel or defensive strategy, but the Colts brass in general needs to step up and admit that they are responsible for either or all of the following: bad defensive talent assessment, selling out too much to speed defensively, money management overall and sinking a lot into the offense.

  4. #4

    Angry Re: It's time to blow it up

    this defense is so bad it is unreal. they are very undersized and are getting shoved around. this is more of the same from the colts. rely on a passing attack to get it done everytime. it hasn't worked before and it won't work again this year. i keep thinking next year we will try to get a defense and we don't.
    i saw a graphic of the last 4 or 5 super bowl champs and their defense against the run. they ALL were in the top 6 in the league. how the colts rank:last- dead last.
    no way in hell do the colts go to the super bowl- none. yeh write it up.
    this team has been 1 dimensional for years and it continues to be.

  5. #5
    Member Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Butler University
    Age
    26
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Damn, the season is over already? I woulda thought we were still a few games away from the playoffs.... time really sneaks up on ya


  6. #6
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Yeah, the speed helps a ton in pass coverage..but you guys get torched on the ground. Really really bad. You know its bad when Fred Taylor, MJD, and then, ALVIN PEARMAN run all over you.

  7. #7
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,508

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    This is quite possibly the worst defense I have ever seen a team play at any level of sports.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #8
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,967

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn, the season is over already? I woulda thought we were still a few games away from the playoffs.... time really sneaks up on ya
    The season was over before it even began. I said so back during the preseason.

  9. #9
    Member Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Butler University
    Age
    26
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The season was over before it even began. I said so back during the preseason.
    Somehow, that doesn't surprise me.


  10. #10
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,967

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somehow, that doesn't surprise me.
    And yet, I was right. Which doesn't surprise me.

  11. #11
    Member Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Butler University
    Age
    26
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And yet, I was right. Which doesn't surprise me.
    Um, last I checked, the playoffs haven't started yet. You haven't been right about anything yet.


  12. #12

    Unhappy Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um, last I checked, the playoffs haven't started yet. You haven't been right about anything yet.
    i'm afraid he will be though. if after another fold in the playoffs, will it be enough to admit this team is one dimensional and not capable of winning the big games?
    i have seen this stuff happen too many times to be a coincedence or be attribtuted to just bad luck. this team has no run defense, none. no team with such a horrid run defense can win a big game in the playoffs and make it to the super bowl. it just won't happen.

  13. #13
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,967

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um, last I checked, the playoffs haven't started yet. You haven't been right about anything yet.
    Sig wager?

  14. #14
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    You think teams with better runners wont be able to expose the Colts in the playoffs like the Jags did? That wasn't just bad defense, it was attrocious. MJD and Fred Taylor are both decent backs, but there are much better runners in the AFC.

  15. #15

    Talking Re: It's time to blow it up

    this guy could probably play better defense against the run than what we currently have.- if it works it should be funny.

  16. #16

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Some of you are ridiculous. Just like the Pacers board. When we win, we're penciled in as the NBA champs, when we lose, just trade everyone and start over.

    We've played our best football in the regular season before, almost all season, and it's gotten us nowhere. I honestly don't see a problem with losing now, and getting our players down to a point where they have to take games seriously down the stretch, rather than waltzing through and beating the crap out of everyone.

    You people are too easily excitable. It's called "keeping an even keel", learn it, love it, use it.

  17. #17
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,522

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of you are ridiculous. Just like the Pacers board. When we win, we're penciled in as the NBA champs, when we lose, just trade everyone and start over.

    We've played our best football in the regular season before, almost all season, and it's gotten us nowhere. I honestly don't see a problem with losing now, and getting our players down to a point where they have to take games seriously down the stretch, rather than waltzing through and beating the crap out of everyone.

    You people are too easily excitable. It's called "keeping an even keel", learn it, love it, use it.
    With HCA advantage and a division title on the line these past two weeks (let alone momentum for the playoffs) you think this recent 1-3 run is honestly not a problem? You think they aren't taking these games seriously? What was Manning et al still doing in there at the end of a blow out if they weren't taking it seriously?

    And a win is a win but that 9-0 record was built on a shaky foundation in the first place and the same issues that made some of those games questionable and nailbiters is also what has come back to bite us now. It's not like the rest of the NFL sat still.

    On one level I can enjoy the season but on another level, I need to see more. We all do ...Before the window closes...

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  18. #18
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,194

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    So back to "blowing it up", what's gonna be the strategy to actually get an even semi-resistent defense in here. Simon's gone. I assume we have little to no funds available to pursue any big time FAs if there are even any of worth this off season. I assume Ron Meeks is all but done barring some miraculous turn around in the next 4-6 weeks.

    Seems to me we may have to think about trading one of our big offensive pieces. Addai? Wayne? Who? I cringe at the thought but this D needs some impact players and you don't get those without a higher draft pick than we normally have or giving something up. I mention Addai only b/c we and Denver have proven that you can restock the RB spot successfully without a top 10 pick. Jones-Drew is another example.

    Here's the guys that IMO are worth anything on D (assuming some of them would ever be healthy):

    Freeney, June, Sanders, Harper, Bethea, Jackson, Mathis, Reagor, McFarland (with everyone after Sanders being marginal at best).
    I could care less if I never see them again: Everyone else

    I know it's not Dungy's system, but looking at the core group I think we'd be better off as a 3-4 D b/c Freeney and Mathis are essentially linebackers. Cato really should be a safety. Whatever the case, you've gotta have at least on more difference maker in the interior line and at MLB and another good corner wouldn't hurt either.

  19. #19
    Banned Big Smooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,204

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um, last I checked, the playoffs haven't started yet. You haven't been right about anything yet.
    Denial isn't a river in Africa.

  20. #20
    Member Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Butler University
    Age
    26
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of you are ridiculous. Just like the Pacers board. When we win, we're penciled in as the NBA champs, when we lose, just trade everyone and start over.

    We've played our best football in the regular season before, almost all season, and it's gotten us nowhere. I honestly don't see a problem with losing now, and getting our players down to a point where they have to take games seriously down the stretch, rather than waltzing through and beating the crap out of everyone.

    You people are too easily excitable. It's called "keeping an even keel", learn it, love it, use it.
    Thank you!


  21. #21

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    We're 10-3 people. Chill. Yes, we sucked today, a lot. Yes, our run defense is terrible. But we've still won. I don't expect our defense to play THIS bad every game. I still believe this team can turn it around. Just stay positive
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  22. #22
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,262
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    All I've heard ppl say is "we're 10-2, we're 10-2!!! calm" down ppl

    well now ur 10-3 and honestly could easily be 7-6. Colts aren't that good this year.
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  23. #23

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Welcome to the NFL, Colts fans!

    On exiting your respective basketball/college football bandwagons, please take note of the following special rules that apply to NFL fan membership:

    Talent is much more relative in this league. The only thing keeping the 3rd running back on your team from running for 1000 yards is injury and an offensive line. Therefore, don't be surprised when a backup comes in and does a remarkable job.

    No matter what the "experts" tell you, the most important position in the NFL is Offensive Lineman. This is followed closely by Defensive Lineman and Cornerback.

    The NFL has what is referred to as a "hard salary cap". This will effect your team in several ways:

    1. Your team will always either be getting better or getting worse, and you must always get worse before you can become better. Good/Bad management can delay this process, but it is inevitable. Plan ahead by stocking up on good memories if you plan on surviving the inevitable 5-11 seasons ahead. If you don't feel that you're up to this task, you'll find the Yankees bandwagon down the hall and to the right.

    2. Salaries count, and you can't have the best player at every position. This means that if you have the best Quarterback in the league, and the best wide receivers in the league, and a good offensive line, other positions will suffer accordingly. It is unwise to complain about something that is a fact of life in the NFL.

    3. Coaching matters very little, with the exception of game management. The talent of the players on the field is much more important to the performance of your team than your coach. You may have previously been on a bandwagon where the coach had a signifigant impact on the performance of his players. This league does not have that feature.

    Please enjoy your stay as an NFL fan. if there's anything I can do to help you in the future, please feel free to ask.

    Yours truly,
    Devoted Kansas City Chiefs fan of 16 years.

  24. #24
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,848

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're 10-3 people. Chill. Yes, we sucked today, a lot. Yes, our run defense is terrible. But we've still won. I don't expect our defense to play THIS bad every game. I still believe this team can turn it around. Just stay positive
    Yes, and we were 13-0 last season at this time.....and we lost our first playoff game. What's your point? Having a solid record doesn't mean anything.

  25. #25

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, and we were 13-0 last season at this time.....and we lost our first playoff game. What's your point? Having a solid record doesn't mean anything.

    My point is that the season isn't over.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •