Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 64

Thread: It's time to blow it up

  1. #26
    Member tdubb03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No more than 5% of this "defense" should be retained next season.
    If you really think that's plausible, you're bonkers.

  2. #27

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    The line between winning and losing (over a season) in the NFL is so much finer than other sports, you have to expect certain eb and flow. Just look at the Steelers.

    Sure, of course there are problems on this team: a bad draft, injuries, free agency, etc. These things happen. Is this the better of the Colts teams in the last few years? Hell no.

    Still, the team will be in the playoffs and have a shot. That's not so bad. As long as it's not the Chargers, I'd give the Colts a chance against anyone, especially in the RCA Dome.

    If our other favorite teams played at this level right now, we'd all love it. Perhaps some of you raised your expectation level a bit too high. In sports, championships aren't something that magically happen. You put the pieces together, then hope everything happens the right way.

    Well, guess what, things aren't happening perfectly in 2006. Not even close. But that's OK, folks. The sun will rise another day. Promise.

  3. #28
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,278

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Three weeks have passed, and nothing has changed.

  4. #29
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    We are going nowhere in the playoffs. Nowhere! It doesn't matter if we are home or on the road. No where! In 40+ years I have never seen a defense this bad.

    I would welcome anyone on this board to serve me a HUGE HELPING OF CROW - but I don't think that's gonna happen.

    Oh well - Merry Christmas everyone.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  5. #30
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,118

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are going nowhere in the playoffs. Nowhere! It doesn't matter if we are home or on the road. No where! In 40+ years I have never seen a defense this bad.

    I would welcome anyone on this board to serve me a HUGE HELPING OF CROW - but I don't think that's gonna happen.

    Oh well - Merry Christmas everyone.
    You know... that's a good point. Imagine how bad this defense (and our record) would look if all we had was an average or mediocre offense.

    Just how bad is this defense? I can't ever remember following a team that had a defense this bad... Where you just KNEW what was coming but still had no hope of stopping it.



    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  6. #31

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Some funny stuff here.

  7. #32
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,118

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraft View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some funny stuff here.
    And it's all true. The Indy defense was horrible and then they finally 'fixed it'. We can all give our reasons how it was repaired... whether it was a new strategy, better coaching, players finally figuring it out, the personnel changes, maybe they just realized it was now or never and finally flipped the switch, etc.. Whatever it was, it worked. This super bowl defense (and whole playoff defense actually) was NOT the regular season defense. That defense was going nowhere.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  8. #33
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    LOL. Very nice.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  9. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    740

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    They won the Super Bowl. THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

    Do you folks ever just sit back and enjoy anything?

  10. #35
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And it's all true. The Indy defense was horrible and then they finally 'fixed it'. We can all give our reasons how it was repaired... whether it was a new strategy, better coaching, players finally figuring it out, the personnel changes, maybe they just realized it was now or never and finally flipped the switch, etc.. Whatever it was, it worked. This super bowl defense (and whole playoff defense actually) was NOT the regular season defense. That defense was going nowhere.

    -Bball
    Agreed. Things had to change, and they did.

  11. #36
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um, last I checked, the playoffs haven't started yet. You haven't been right about anything yet.
    hehe
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  12. #37
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by naptown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They won the Super Bowl. THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

    Do you folks ever just sit back and enjoy anything?
    well this thread was started before the playoffs (probably around the time we lost to houston). so right now by looking back at this thread we're enjoying the super bowl win.

    btw, are we the first superbowl winning defense to make ron dayne look like a hall of fame running back?
    This is the darkest timeline.

  13. #38
    Member BoomBaby31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles (Marina del Rey)
    Posts
    1,958

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And it's all true. The Indy defense was horrible and then they finally 'fixed it'. We can all give our reasons how it was repaired... whether it was a new strategy, better coaching, players finally figuring it out, the personnel changes, maybe they just realized it was now or never and finally flipped the switch, etc.. Whatever it was, it worked. This super bowl defense (and whole playoff defense actually) was NOT the regular season defense. That defense was going nowhere.

    -Bball
    Or it could be Bob Sanders? I didn't understand why all of you guys were so hard on the Colts throughout the year. I'm ONE of the only ones who stuck by them the whole entire year. I knew we were going to win it all a long. I think I posted it every sunday throughout the year lol. Even got into a little argument about how S.D and Balti wasn't better then the Colts. Glad the ol' colts didn't let me down. Well see you guys next season when the Hating probably starts OOO in preseason lol.. hell draft day hahaha. But that is why I love this forum.

  14. #39
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    well the colts were missing sanders, doss and simon among others... but there was a major shift in defensive prowess starting against the chiefs. i think we got on a steelers-like roll defensively having such a big chip on our collective shoulder being the worst defense in the league. something happened, maybe it was essentially having to play the entire schedule this season, not taking games off at the end -- keeping momentum. who knows. but something was definitely different and i loved the result!
    This is the darkest timeline.

  15. #40
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,118

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or it could be Bob Sanders? I didn't understand why all of you guys were so hard on the Colts throughout the year. I'm ONE of the only ones who stuck by them the whole entire year. I knew we were going to win it all a long. I think I posted it every sunday throughout the year lol. Even got into a little argument about how S.D and Balti wasn't better then the Colts. Glad the ol' colts didn't let me down. Well see you guys next season when the Hating probably starts OOO in preseason lol.. hell draft day hahaha. But that is why I love this forum.
    And I'm sure you picked them last year and the year before and the year before that too.

    Just because we're fans doesn't mean we can't be realistic.

    Something needed to change, and it did. What followed was wonderful. Fortunately we didn't have to find out if your argument about the Colts being better than SD was true. FWIW... SD is already the favorite for next year's SB. That's fine by me. I like it when the Colts are the underdogs anyway.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  16. #41

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Two words: Bob Sanders.

    That dude should have been the Super Bowl MVP.

  17. #42
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,278

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I told you all so. I was smart not to get my hopes up this time, so though I'm disappointed, I'm also not surprised. At least this time, the wheels came off before the playoffs.

    This "defense" is an embrassment to high school squads, let alone an NFL team. And when the offense isn't producing, we have no chance in hell. No more than 5% of this "defense" should be retained next season. And no number of injuries is a legitimate excuse for it being THIS bad. They just don't have any heart.

    The bye is about to go bye-bye. Another early playoff exit is on the horizon. I would refer to them as the "Dolts," but they don't deserve to have a "D" anywhere near their name.

    Ladies and gentlemen, your In ianapolis Colts. :
    Moron.

  18. #43
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Oh, that's awesome. Comic gold.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  19. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    The biggest changes I saw were that the DE's stayed home against the run and Sanders. Even that doesn't explain all of it.

    I posted once - I think after the KC game - that if the defense could actually carry the Colts to a championship after playing the way they had all season, I'd consider it the biggest upset I'd ever seen in sports.

    They did and I do.

    Which raises an interesting question - next August how does Dungy approach this? Is it praise for their playoff performance or a "Why in the world didn't you play that way all year?"

    Probably a mix of both.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  20. #45
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Moron.
    That's the spirit.

    Man, I hope you aren't a stockbroker. I have to say that any predictions you make regarding the Pacers are going in one ear and out the other for me now.

  21. #46

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of you are ridiculous. Just like the Pacers board. When we win, we're penciled in as the NBA champs, when we lose, just trade everyone and start over.

    We've played our best football in the regular season before, almost all season, and it's gotten us nowhere. I honestly don't see a problem with losing now, and getting our players down to a point where they have to take games seriously down the stretch, rather than waltzing through and beating the crap out of everyone.

    You people are too easily excitable. It's called "keeping an even keel", learn it, love it, use it.

    DAMN! What a genius!

  22. #47
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,826

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    This thread's good, but I liked this one better:

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=2853
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  23. #48

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are going nowhere in the playoffs. Nowhere! It doesn't matter if we are home or on the road. No where! In 40+ years I have never seen a defense this bad.

    I would welcome anyone on this board to serve me a HUGE HELPING OF CROW - but I don't think that's gonna happen.
    Are the crows in Iraq very meaty? Do they taste much like chicken?

    nice rations: powdered crow, ready to eat!







    just kidding with you-- we were all thinking the same thing at that time. I'm glad I didn't make any bets.

  24. #49
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,278

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    My favorite part is where people who didn't even go on record one way or another back when the defense sucked (and don't kid yourself -- it S-U-C-K-E-D) are suddenly all "up in my grill" now.

    Just be thankful we won, or I might have the urge right now to be blowing some other stuff up...

  25. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,144

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It's time to blow it up

    We were all thinking the same thing. You were just the one that had balls to say it like you said it. We got everything squared away and we won the whole damn thing. Who would of thought after that Jax game....or Tennessee game...or the Houston game.

    That's why we are great...after losing games we should of won, we come back showing the world that we can fix what's wrong. That makes this season even more special.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •