Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its time to blow this team up

Default Its time to blow this team up

JO - Hurt already
    Jack - Causing problems already
    Tinsley - Too much of a gamble, hes increased his value use it

Besides Feisty and possibly Harrison there is nobody from the Brawl team that I think should still be here.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Its time to blow this team up

We either need to blow up the team or trade off a couple "problem" players and get a new coach. Carlisle cannot coach this team, and I'm not sure this team will work with anyone else at the helm either.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I see give us the rest of the season with JO and Iverson if we can get him, if that doesn't work BLOW IT UP.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Some of you guys are hilarious.

You didn't expect us to beat the Cavs without JO did you? He single handedly beat them last game.

This team needs a few things. I think the most important thing would be a team leader and someone who scores everynight. JO is not a team leader in my opinion. I love JO, but he is not that guy, he is a important piece to a championship puzzle.

I have been calling for Rick's head for a while, I just grow tired of his style of coaching. But I don't think TPTB will fire him.

So one answer, bring in the Answer! Trade whoever you want, just get him. If that can't happen. Be ready for a first round exit in the playoffs and a so-so up and down .500 record.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of you guys are hilarious.

You didn't expect us to beat the Cavs without JO did you? He single handedly beat them last game.
    Yeah basketball ain't a team game, JO played 5 on 1 passed it to himself.

not sure a "blow up" is necessary, but Jackson must be dealt with. Since he is going on trial, his value may be nothing so about all we can do is suspend him for conduct.

Tinsley has been healthy enough to gain trade value, so I'd move him.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    Yeah basketball ain't a team game, JO played 5 on 1 passed it to himself.
    Yeah, that's just ridiculous. It's not like JO is Dallas Clark or something.

Terms like "blow it up" just bug me to no end. I mean are we no better than Kravitz.

Blow up? Sure! How many C4s do u need?

I think the problem is the lack of identity. Previous Carlisle teams were all walk-em-ups and relied on solid defense and controlling the tempo. This team is in a flux between that and running the break. Honestly, even without any good shooters, this is still a possible 50-win team, if it can go back to the boring ball we all watched the past three years.

Mood

I think we shouldn't worry so much about playing a tough team on a back to back. Yeah, it sucks that the Pacers got the unholy hell stomped out of them tonight. But it was a back to back without JO.

That said I do think we should try and get Iverson. I have no idea what Philly would want out of this roster. That's not a knock, it's just that they have a promising young swingman and a power forward with a max contract to.

Bad decisions. It is a set of pretty good players who fit very poorly as a team. It is a failed plan that I thought might happen when TPTB decided to ignore the need to have any pure shooters on the floor. Heck, we are not even particularly quick on the perimeter....and we are fairly soft in the middle. TPTB have made some moves, but it is looking more and more like the wrong moves. We did not get to this stage overnight.

No Iverson, we have had enough headcases on this team. Deal jack Asap, hopefully for some value, but he need to leave. I would like to see JO gone. he is a good PF and i think he is a decent guy and really wans to win. I really believe no team will win a championship with him as the franchise, he is just not that good or have the intangibles. Somewhere else he might work out better if they have a player to be the real game winner. He is just not it, he wants and trys to be, but it is never goingto happen here. I would like to se the pacers move both, preferably trades that are heavy in draft picks/ young talent. The team will not be good after, but likely more fun to watch.

We win a game everyones having the times of there lives and we state everythings looking like its going to work well.

We lose a game and we should blow the team up and start from scratch because we are not good enough.

How fun.
    My Dream Team

PG - A.Iverson
    SG - K.Bryant
    SF - R.Artest
    PF - J.O'Neal
    C - D.Howard

The problem isn't Carlisle. He doesn't make the trades. The problem isn't O'Neal. He plays well. The problem is a general lack of talent at center and shooting guard. Center is not as big of an issue because Foster gets rebounds.

Let's face it, as a starting SG Stephen Jackson is not good. His shooting is poor, he's slow, he doesn't create for teammates, he is a horrible rebounder (and as one of the taller SG in the game it's a real shame), and he's obviously not a great character guy.

The team needs a SG badly. Jackson is not it, Daniels is not it. I say it's Green time.

Leisure Suit Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    JO - Hurt already
    Jack - Causing problems already
    Tinsley - Too much of a gamble, hes increased his value use it

Besides Feisty and possibly Harrison there is nobody from the Brawl team that I think should still be here.
    What the hell? Why are you on Tinsley. He's played great this year and hasn't done anything wrong. Everyone is going to have off nights in an 82 game season.

Seriously, if we got a whole new team a lot of you would still be whining about how they are a bunch of thugs who don't care and how you wish Reggie was back (Reggie Miller is not walking through that door ). You'll never be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    The problem isn't Carlisle. He doesn't make the trades. The problem isn't O'Neal. He plays well. The problem is a general lack of talent at center and shooting guard. Center is not as big of an issue because Foster gets rebounds.

Let's face it, as a starting SG Stephen Jackson is not good. His shooting is poor, he's slow, he doesn't create for teammates, he is a horrible rebounder (and as one of the taller SG in the game it's a real shame), and he's obviously not a great character guy.

The team needs a SG badly. Jackson is not it, Daniels is not it. I say it's Green time.
    Um, thats a horrible assesment of Jacks ability. Considering he is a scorer not a shooter. And his D is very solid. His Steals are well above League average for guards, and hsi Assists are slightly above it, yeah he doesn't create for team mates. And um since when is your SG supposed to rack up the Rebounding numbers.

And my problem with Tinsley isn't anything he has done, its what are hte odds he stays healthy all year, like 10%. No thanks trade him while he has some value buitl up.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I say it's Green time.
    Green?

He's a defensive point guard, known to be a poor shooter.

We need a "shooting guard," the kind that makes, you know, shots from the outside.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

He's a scorer not a shooter? What is that supposed to mean? He gets about 12.5 points per game on under 40% shooting and jacks up threes.

His D is okay sometimes, but he gets torched sometimes. He's far from a premier defender.

When Jamaal Tinsley is outrebounding your 6'8 SG night it and night out, you have a problem rebounding.

But go ahead, assess Jack's ability from your perspective.. I know enough about your history with defending him that this should be amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Green?

He's a defensive point guard, known to be a poor shooter.

We need a "shooting guard," the kind that makes, you know, shots from the outside.

No "e". Gerald Green, not Orien Greene.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

No "e". Gerald Green, not Orien Greene.
    xcellent.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Blow the team up? No. We have the right pieces but we need a star player that we can go to in crunch time and count on. J.O. is just a guy that we want to be the start player that we go to in crunch time, but he's not the right guy for that role. As much as most people here might disagree, I' going to say it. If there's any team in the league that has a use for Iverson, I think it's us more than anybody. What do we have to lose by at least making an attempt to get him, or just inquiring about what it would take? I'm sure the inquiry has already been made, but I doubt we'll get him.

lol @ Harrison.

I think that after losing one in a row with our our All Star out we should panic, panic, panic. That's the only logical thing to do.