View Poll Results: For the right deal, would you want Allen Iverson on the Pacers?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

99 74.44%
  • No!

34 25.56%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: For the right deal, would you want Allen Iverson on the Pacers?

Default Re: For the right deal, would you want Allen Iverson on the Pacers?

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Nash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we were to get AI, I would almost want to trade JO to the sixers. I think that King is a GM that thinks that winning now is more important then the future, evidenced by bringing in Webber. I think a JO/Granger for AI/Korver or Iguodala would be a good trade. Al can play off the ball. I think that Daniels is a really good fit with AI.

Tell me that this lineup doesn't intrigue everyone?
    Foster
    Baby Al
    Korver(or Iguodala)
    Daniels
    AI

And with players like Tinsley, SJax, Baston, DA, Sarunas, off the bench, we'd be a damn good team. AI can dominate the ball in this scenario and it wouldn't matter. We'd be much better than the Sixers are now. My opinion however and I know most people don't want to give up Granger at all or JO at all but I'd think it'd take both of them to bring him here. And it would fix our need in the backcourt, without poking a gaping hole in the frontcourt.
    The day that Kyle Korver (Diet Peja) and Marquis Daniels are starting ahead of Stephen Jackson and Jamaal Tinsley is the day I stop caring about the NBA.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do you always have to come out in favor of Stephen Jackson? I am trying to think of lineups that work. SJax and AI both need the ball in their hands to be effective. SJax would be the primary option off the bench. Tinsley is not a better player than AI and I'm starting AI in the backcourt so I need a bigger guy (to guard SGs) and a guy that can handle some backcourt responsibilities. Korver is starting because we need a shooter in the starting lineup. If you want Al to be the shooter, we need a banger, and that's what we'd be lacking if we traded JO and Danger away. Honestly it's not a cureall but this whole team needs some retooling if we don't want to be a perennial 500 team like we have been lately. (with the exception of Reggie's last two seasons)

I think everyone is missing the point, for the last how many years this team has dissapointed the fans by not making it past the second round, if we can trade for Iverson and Start winning not only will we get more exposure and attention we get progress and favourable results

Iverson is 31, if we till 2010 commit to a team of Iverson, Harrington, Jackson and Foster or Iverson, Harrington, O'neal I'd be more then happy, AI has been to the finals with less talent, why can't he take the Pacers there again....

he can flat out score, he has a slight attitude problem but losing does that to everone not named Brand...

I'd take the gamble as the last two-four years we have been mediocre at best and as much as I respect and love the Pacers losing sucks...

if we win 50-60 Games and go to the East Finals 3 times before 2010 with Iverson I will consider that a sucess

he should make this team better and I WANT TO WIN ! !!!!!!!!

he more then likly will clash with Coach C, but if he could work under Brown I can see it happing

Iverson has heart and can flat out score and I don't see a Problem if he plays next to Jermaine and if Jermaine don't like it... Adios Amigo next year...

Winning makes problems dissapear...

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've been reading through the thread. It seems to me that a trade won't happen because we don't have the kind of young talent, expiring contracts and picks to give up. I was just offering one suggestion of a trade that would work well for both sides in the short term. No team in their right mind would take both SJax and Tins in a trade. And those are the only two recognizable names that we have to trade. Nobody wants Saras, Harrison, Powell, Marshall, or Baston. We do have Williams who is supposed to be pretty good, Harrington, Daniels, Granger, JO, and Foster. Those are the six tradeable assets we have. We can use the other as filler but to get AI, I think we'd have to give up at least two of those (if JO is included) and three if he's not included. Obviously Philly would want Williams and Granger since they're young talent. You could also probably make a case that Powell and Marshall are in play here.

I think that it won't happen. If it did, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a package including Powell or Williams, Granger, Foster, and Harrington. Both of those work with the realgm trade checker but the only problem with that is that we have no frontcourt. It's JO and who else? JO/Baston/SJax/Daniels/AI seems awful pansy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I'd still do this trade in a split second under the right conditions.

1. Our "chemistry" issue isn't going to get much worse. How could it get worse if we got rid of two cancers in exchange for one (if you truly think AI is one)?

2. We'd have a legitimate 1-2 punch, and I'd be thrilled if we could keep Granger, Al, Foster, etc. That's enough talent to make us a contender, which is something that we won't be this season barring a move.

3. This talk about individual play vs. team play is quite overhyped. Look at two of the past three title winners. Detroit got over the hump by picking up Rasheed Wallace and Miami won after picking up Jason Williams AND Antoine Walker. Of course both of those teams had more pieces than we have, but the point is that gaining a significant "individual" player doesn't necessarily make your team worse.

4. I think the impact of a fresh start for someone like Iverson is being overlooked. This is a guy that's been in a bad situation for years. I almost guarantee that he'll play great wherever he goes. That includes here, if it happens.

5. I think picking up Iverson would help our defense tremendously. When he came out of college he was considered to be one of the best defensive players available.

6. We know we'd be getting 100 percent every night. Say what you want about the guy, but it's hard to deny that he gives his all on the court. We need that energy and competitiveness right now.

I could go on, and there are some negatives to getting Iverson, but the positives seem a lot more valuable. And this is coming from someone who isn't an Iverson fan.
    I used to be staunchly against getting AI, thinking him incapable of playing team ball. Yet, now I'd be willing to gain AI with his current contract if it came in a very budget trade, for Tins + Jax + filler or something thereabouts. However I think there is a very slender chance of this happening.

In all likelyhood, I think that Indy could be involved in trying to help facilitate a trade, most likely with Boston. I hope that LB and DW can bring us Delonte West in this deal.

I would do it as long as JO, Foster and either AL or DG stay!Maybe we could get rid of Jax, Tinsley (or Saras), Harrison and Draft Pick(s)? What do you think? Or am I dreaming?
    Thank you Jeff.

Remember the Jim Gray - Allen Iverson thing from Friday night, well I think this settles it, Gray did talk with Iverson.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colum...hiestand_x.htm

I wasn't going to vote on this but then I decided that since I do care, why not offer my perspective?

As a non-native who isn't really a fan of any local team, one of my main concerns is how Indy is perceived around the country. Rightly or wrongly, one of the major aspects of perception relates to local sports teams. In the case of Indy, the Colts are a huge positive because of Manning and the Pacers are a huge negative, first because of Artest and now because of Jackson.

I'm tired of going home and having people ask me about the thugs on the Pacers. Deserved or not, Iverson has that reputation.

No thanks.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Unhappy Re: For the right deal, would you want Allen Iverson on the Pacers?

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Obviously the NBA has passed me by.

The forum is doing the same thing now as well I guess.

8 years ago if anybody would have even talked about bringing in a player like Iverson to our team they would have been crucified. No, not Iverson back then I'm talking about a player who would put up 30 shots in a game without even blinking an eye.

I'm not even going to try & talk about this because everybody has made up thier minds.

I think maybe I need to re-prioritize my life & see if I'm wrong here because I've never felt so disconnected with a Pacers board in my life.

Some how some way over the past 6 seasons we have gotten to the point where individual play has taken over what the team does. I just didn't keep up.
    I think the only thing that's changed is you've got a bunch of young guys here that don't know any better. They've grown up with the selfish, ME FIRST attitude that AI is the POSTER CHILD FOR. And thus, they don't get how messed up that is. The problem isn't with you keeping up, it's with the messed up (and I DO mean *****ED up) attitudes in american society as a whole.
    To me, just more and more evidence of the serious decline of western civilization. We are LIVING the "Fall of the American Empire".

Quote Originally Posted by _PD_ View Post
    What a dream world this is.
    Maybe 'dream world' as in stoned out of their minds.
    Ron Artest was ONE SEASON ago! Wacko Jacko is NOW! Yet most here would take a flyer on Allen Iverson,

Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post

I'm tired of going home and having people ask me about the thugs on the Pacers. Deserved or not, Iverson has that reputation.

No thanks.

The problem IS, it's very well deserved.