Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vecsey: Iverson demands to be traded (mentions Pacers)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Vecsey: Iverson demands to be traded (mentions Pacers)

Quote Originally Posted by _PD_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is NOT going to happen.
    Criminy, let's see here, we have at least two players on this team who are borderline dissatisfied with their touches, we already have a gangster image we're trying very hard to squelch, and people moan that RC doesn't have control over his team.
    And we're going to add WHO to this mix? We MIGHT temporarily sell a few more tickets, but then AI will pull an AI and the midwestern sense of values will kick in. What a joke.
    WTH is a pulling an AI? Leading a mediocre cast to the NBA finals in watered down Eastern conference? If so sign me up. He has already done it once.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

The one really good thing about bringing Iverson to our team would be that I could save a ton of money & time till he either retired or moved on.

I do not one to trade one prima dona for another (one that is actually worse).

I'd rather watch a lineup of Jalen Rose, Travis Best, Jermaine O'neal, Ron Artest & James Edwards before I would want to see Iverson on our team.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

In conspiracy theorist news JO and AI are both sitting out tonight's games for what I would describe as ticky tack injuries...(Not saying I endorse said conspiracy theory just stirring the pot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    You're willing to trade three starters for AI? Not just three starters but our current franchise player and the starting point guard and starting shooting guard.

Yeah, there's no way I'd consider the deal until the 76'ers pony up at least one 1st round pick. At which point I'd sign on the dotted line ASAP.

But color me excited that the Pacers are apparently looking to make big changes. Apart from possibly Iverson, I would hope that any trade they make is to get younger and/or get back into the draft.

Pick up Iverson? Hm - after 39 years as a fan it might be time for me to hang it up.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    Pick up Iverson? Hm - after 39 years as a fan it might be time for me to hang it up.
    When did Allen Iverson become the most hated man in Indiana? Is it because he has tattoos and wears cornrows and doesn't look like a lot of people here? Uh oh I'm probably gonna get in trouble for saying it but 99% of honest people know its true. Hell I sat next to some guy at the IU games against WIU that was worshiping Eric Suhr and booing DJ White and Rod Wilmont cause they are useless lazy bums. What a fine state I call home.

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    Oh please anyone who questions Iverson's desire doesn't watch the games. Like I said he has his downfalls, he gets frustrated easily but the man wants to win.
    Having the will to win is very different from having the will to prepare to win. because, We talkin bout practice.

If we could team JO/AI and AL somehow I would jump at it in a second. .

We'd be title contenders immidiately.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    If we could team JO/AI and AL somehow I would jump at it in a second. .

We'd be title contenders immidiately.
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Philly fans said the same crap when Webber came to town. So does AI come with a League mandate saying JO and AI can each have their own ball.

Question: Would you give up Granger to get AI to team with JO and Al?

I don't know if I would, I'd have to think about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Philly fans said the same crap when Webber came to town. So does AI come with a League mandate saying JO and AI can each have their own ball.
    Webber was what 3,4,5 years older than JO is when he arrived in Philly? He was obviously on the decline. JO may not be getting better, but I don't think hes declining. Though the JO and AI ball sharing thing could be interesting if they are both indeed that selfish.

I agree with ABA, Iverson is not someone I want on my team.....Maybe I need to go buy some bobcats merchandise. At least they expect to lose......

Hey bring Iverson in if you can. That would mean we are trying to win now. I have to say that appeals to me. Iverson does take too many many shots, but I can live with it.

Same here, it is a difficult decision. I wouldn't want to put AI at point guard, but a PG like Jamaal and AI wouldn't mix. I think I would trade Jamaal and Al along with any of our younger guys like Powell/Marshall/Harrison/Greene before I traded Granger, but I don't think Philly takes that trade.

I think it will take Philly a long time to trade Allen because they will be looking for more in return then they'll get. It will be similar to the Ron situation in the sense that they'll get someone that has been a good player but has run his course somewhere as well. Maybe an AI for Rashard Lewis swap would be possible.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Webber didn't lose just 1 step, he lost 4 after his injury. If we could get JO, Al, and AI on the same team, we'd be favorites to win the east by a mile.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    Include me out. The Pacers must improve their consistency, and that means discipline. Talent alone is not going to help. This means no to Iverson, and no to any other wild talent grabs that may be contemplated, whether they work in the Trade checker or not, unless the player acquired is a good citizen.
    I agree.

Talented player who is sick of the coach, sick of the system, and willing to let those feelings bleed out onto his on-court performance. Isn't the cited problem with Jack and Tinsley all about attitude and effort? Is there a single Jack/Tins hater that says "oh, they are great guys and try hard, they just aren't that talented?"

As Buck said, it is more interesting to hear that Bird is still looking to deal. Then again its not that surprising. The on-court chemistry did struggle to get going and naturally Bird would have started to get concerned. The counter to that is that he might change his mind as it comes together, which since the Foster switch it has. This was further increased with the introduction of Baston into regular minutes.

The effort fell off the plate to end the road trip, but it was back for the Magic game.

I think a couple of more good effort outings will put trade talks on the back-burner, or at worst into "feeler-only" mode. You gotta keep appraised of the actual worth of your roster, but that's not the same as making a deal.

Honestly isn't a lot of this VULTURES talking? Someone wants KG moved - hey, how about the Pacers, they've fallen to 500. Sam Smith wants to make the Bulls better, trade JO to the Bulls and go into rebuild mode (um, Sam, how about suggesting that to the struggling Bulls instead).

Right now it seems like people are equating the 61 win team with now and seeing it as a team in decline. This isn't the 2000 Finals team getting a bit long in the tooth, this is a VERY young squad. They just overhauled the bench.

The top 6 minutes guys from last year...
    Jack (still here, now the #2 minutes guy)
    Beetlejuice (gone)
    Fred (gone)
    JO (still here, now the #1 guy)
    Danny (still here, #3)
    Foster (still here, #6)
    Saras (still here, #8)

Special note that Peja was the #1 minutes per game guy while he was with the team (as was Ron), but techically only played 1400+ with Indy which made him the #8 total minutes played guy. He's gone too of course.

So the team lost 2 of their top 3 minutes guys, PLUS their #1 MPG guy (Peja). What's here now? Of the top 10 guys in minutes played this year, 4 are new. If you go to 11 with Baston (who is starting to play a lot) you increase it to 5. 2 more of those players were rookies last year.

The returning players from the 61 win team that have been here the whole way are - JO, Tinsley, Foster. Al left and just returned, Jack spent a good portion of his first year suspended and of course wasn't on the 61 win team anyway.

I don't see decline. I see tons of injuries and HUGE turnover the last 2-3 seasons. Even with Al back you only have 4 players from the ECF team just 3 seasons ago.

BTW the 61 win team started out 14-2 and then went on a 6 game west coast trip starting on the last day of NOV, paired with a 3 game trip a few weeks later in mid-DEC. Their record in this span? 7-8. Just something to think about.

Anyway, to these outside writers it's somehow a team that has "gone as far as it can" with JO. To me it's a team that hardly got out of the pits before the engine blew. I'm kinda interested to see what the car can do with a new engine in it before giving up on it.

When did Allen Iverson become the most hated man in Indiana? Is it because he has tattoos and wears cornrows and doesn't look like a lot of people here? Uh oh I'm probably gonna get in trouble for saying it but 99% of honest people know its true.

We like Marquis Daniels.

Maybe, just maybe, we are judging people by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

We like Marquis Daniels.

Maybe, just maybe, we are judging people by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin.
    Really past few Pacers games I have been too Quis hasn't exactly gotten a warm reception. Lets be honest when Sarunas and Foster come in they consistently get standing ovations. Everybody else is hit or miss at best.

We like Marquis Daniels.

True.

You're kidding, right? In you wildest dreams, could you imagine Granger becoming half the player Iverson is?

Listen, I understand you folks don't like the practice comments and all that. But he comes to play hard every night and throws his body around with no regard for his own safety. You can't deny his will to win. He's no angel, but that's enough for me.

Teaming up Al, JO, and AI is such a no brainer I can't believe we're even having this discussion. Only problem is, there is no player on our roster the sixers would take in exchange for Iverson.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

When did Allen Iverson become the most hated man in Indiana? Is it because he has tattoos and wears cornrows and doesn't look like a lot of people here? Uh oh I'm probably gonna get in trouble for saying it but 99% of honest people know its true. Hell I sat next to some guy at the IU games against WIU that was worshiping Eric Suhr and booing DJ White and Rod Wilmont cause they are useless lazy bums. What a fine state I call home.
    Ummm . . . corn rows, mohawks, or tattoos can be attributed to Ben Wallace, Al Harrington, Shaq, Rip Hamilton, and hosts of others.

Character, dude. Discipline, integrity, reliability, moral terpitude, basic human decency, selflessness.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

I don't think AI would be a good fit. We need backcourt help, true, but AI is not really the kind of backcourt help we need.

Also, why are we giving up on this team so early? Can we give them a chance?

Leaving the issue whether I want AI as a Pacer aside... Does anyone really think if we were to acquire AI, and not use JO to do it, that AI and JO could coexist on the same team? No friggin' way. ...And I'd think management would realize that too. At least I'd hope they would.

Is AI going to be happy feeding the post? Is JO going to be happy if AI doesn't look to feed the post nearly every trip?

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

If we were to consider SJax, Tinsley, and AI equal in terms of attitude, then what exactly would we be losing if we were to do that trade?

I see a bigger gain than loss.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

We talkin bout practice.

that was funny D4G, I remember when Iverson went off on the media about that cracked me up. They recently had it on BDSSP 50 Greatest something's can't remember but he just kept goin off on the media " we talkin about practice....we talkin about practice...." I think he said it like 15 times.

AI plays D though...he's always getting steals. I'd take him as my starting point over Tinsley any day of the week, and to give up Jack, who cares at this point? His future is up in the air anyways. I don't think Philly does it, but those who say they don't want AI apparently don't want any superstar on this team, cuz he's one of the best.