Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39

Thread: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

  1. #1
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,191

    Default Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...RTS04/61208034


    Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games
    By Mark Montieth
    mark.montieth@indystar.com


    Indiana Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal will miss tonight's home game against Portland and Saturday's game at Cleveland with a strained left hamstring.

    O'Neal tweaked the hamstring last Friday at Seattle and aggravated it in Wednesday's victory over Orlando.

    "I feel like I can play, but they feel like it's better for me to rest it right now," O'Neal said. "They just don't want it to get serious."

    Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said Maceo Baston will start tonight in O'Neal's place.

    David Harrison, who has been out with a strained left shoulder, will be activated.

  2. #2
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,063

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Trade in the works?
    .

    .

    .

    .


    撤eople talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he痴 really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me. 有arry Brown

  3. #3
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trade in the works?
    His hamstring hurts in the works?

    Lets see if we are better with out Jermaine. Home against the Blazers, should win by 10 at least.

  4. #4
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,191

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trade in the works?

    He hurt it about 5 games ago.

  5. #5
    Member Frank Slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    State of Chaos
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,019

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Well if that is the case , I'd rather he play it extra cautious, and not pull something else like last year , when he pulled a groin muscle due to favoring one leg.

    Why Not Us ?


  6. #6
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Hmmm, who predicted this, damn who was that. I remember he got flamed for being a troll. And being pessimistic, I guess like he claimed he was just being realistic.

  7. #7
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmmm, who predicted this, damn who was that. I remember he got flamed for being a troll. And being pessimistic, I guess like he claimed he was just being realistic.
    You are a troll. Better for Jermaine to sit against a bad team and then one more game to rest up and be healthy then for it to turn in to a bigger problem.

  8. #8
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,528

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    I've never looked more forward to two regular season games in my life.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  9. #9
    Member odeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Great!

  10. #10
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trade in the works?
    (conspiracy theory)AI is sitting out Philly's game too. (/conspiracy theory)

    展E NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  11. #11
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are a troll. Better for Jermaine to sit against a bad team and then one more game to rest up and be healthy then for it to turn in to a bigger problem.
    You act as if we win more games with JO. And no I am not a troll, I am simply not a JO fanboy, well maybe on this board that does make me a troll. but to people that aren't in love with JO I am just, right.

  12. #12
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You act as if we win more games with JO. And no I am not a troll, I am simply not a JO fanboy, well maybe on this board that does make me a troll. but to people that aren't in love with JO I am just, right.
    This season we have lost the only game JO has missed...

    展E NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  13. #13
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This season we have lost the only game JO has missed...
    OMG a 1 game sample space. Well I mean, damn. You can't beat a one game sample space.

  14. #14
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You act as if we win more games with JO. And no I am not a troll, I am simply not a JO fanboy, well maybe on this board that does make me a troll. but to people that aren't in love with JO I am just, right.
    No, you aren't not a JO fanboy, I'm not a JO fanboy. I yell at Jermaine to box out, I get angry when he doesn't shoot well, and I hold him to an extremely high standard, and when he doesn't live up to it I get angry.

    You are a blind hater of Jermaine. No matter what he does you will find something wrong with it, or never admit that you were wrong. I hate people like you because you have an agenda that isn't just simply to root for the Pacers. You want everyone to know how smart you are and you are glad when things like this happen to our best player.

    I've never put anyone on ignore, but you are going to be the first.

  15. #15
    Member Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Butler University
    Age
    26
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Leave it to D4G to turn a thread into a ****fest... really, it gets old.


  16. #16
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,717

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    I've always suggested that JO play 15 games and then take 5 games off and so forth throughout the entire season and he'll be OK for the playoffs.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    I don't agree with the logic that it's best to sit him because we are playing a "bad" team. In case anyone hasn't noticed, these aren't the 2000 Indiana Pacers we're talking about. We need all the wins we can get right now, especially at home. Portland played us tough and really dominated the stretch of the game when JO left to re-tape his ankle. Obviously I hope we can win without him, but I don't think we're good enough for precautionary DNP's from JO.

  18. #18
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,146

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Leave it to D4G to turn a thread into a ****fest... really, it gets old.
    I apologize for taking his bait, it just pisses me off when people so clearly care more about proving their point right then the team. He would obviously rather have a bad team because of Jermaine being hurt/playing poorly, then to see Jermaine succeed and lead us to a championship.

  19. #19
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I apologize for taking his bait, it just pisses me off when people so clearly care more about proving their point right then the team. He would obviously rather have a bad team because of Jermaine being hurt/playing poorly, then to see Jermaine succeed and lead us to a championship.
    You don't need to appologize. I know exactly what you mean. I generally just ignore his posts unless it does not pertain to his biased opinion of JO.

    I don't blame the Pacers for sitting JO for a few games. In the past, they would have played him and he would have seriously injured his hammy and been out for a month. I'm glad we are choosing to sit him against two pretty bad teams we could probably beat without JO.

  20. #20
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never looked more forward to two regular season games in my life.
    You are aware that crow is a pretty nasty dish, right?

    Luckily it's POR first at least.


    As for the fans that wouldn't rather see players injured to prove a point or something, it probably is better to be cautious at this point.

    And the I called it crap...I did too. I said "I bet most players in the NBA don't actually play in all 82 games this year".


  21. #21
    Member jcouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    35
    Posts
    434

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    this would be the main reason Al Harrington was brought back to the Pacers
    Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team. -- Scottie Pippen

  22. #22
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,930

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've always suggested that JO play 15 games and then take 5 games off and so forth throughout the entire season and he'll be OK for the playoffs.

    If I had a boss I'd like to suggest that scenario to him. Make me the highest paid guy in the business and give me 5 biz days off for every 15 I work. I like it!
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that痴 teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  23. #23
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,528

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are aware that crow is a pretty nasty dish, right?

    Luckily it's POR first at least.


    As for the fans that wouldn't rather see players injured to prove a point or something, it probably is better to be cautious at this point.

    And the I called it crap...I did too. I said "I bet most players in the NBA don't actually play in all 82 games this year".

    Why would I eat crow?

    I don't care if we win or lose, well I do but that is a differant point, I just prefer to watch the game be played a differant style than others.

    So as long as we compete & our players try hard I will be happy. So there will be no crow eaten by me.

    BTW, I am not wanting anyone hurt to prove a point (I don't know if that was directed at me or not but since I'm here) I just happen to prefer the way the team plays without a certain player. Again, win or lose.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  24. #24
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,930

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never looked more forward to two regular season games in my life.

    ...Careful treading there...

    It can be used against you.

    With JO out a game or two we won't be revamping the system but instead might just throw someone into the "JO role". So with a one or two game sample we might not get too much info. ...Tho it's always possible the player in the "JO role" will actually be a little more team motivated and all of a sudden some of our backcourt 'problems' will disappear.



    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that痴 teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  25. #25

    Default Re: Hamstring to keep O誰eal out of 2 games

    Say what you say but his presence in the middle will be missed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •