Thread: Rashard Lewis On The Trading Block?

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Default Rashard Lewis On The Trading Block?

according to autowire

Lewis could be traded as management is reportedly set to make a series of moves if the Sonics don't prove to be a playoff contender in the next month, the Seattle Times reports.

The Sonics have to go 8-5 in their next 13 games to hit .500 by the end of the month, the management's minimum goal to avoid a shake-up. Lewis is trade bait because he has the option to void the final two years of his contract after the season and become an unrestricted free agent. Lewis says he wants to remain a Sonic, but won't negotiate an extension until after the season.

too bad we still don't have that draft pick for next year it's looking to be like it would have been nice to have as the season progresses. I don't know what it would take to get Lewis but Donnie Walsh has expressed interest in having him on the team in other articles on pacers.com and in the IndyStar. I'd like to have Ray Allen the most but I definately would be more than Happpy to get Rashard Lewis on the team...anybody have any thoughts?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Rashard Lewis On The Trading Block?

id be willing to give up Harrison and someone else for Lewis...but eh thats just me
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    id be willing to give up Harrison and someone else for Lewis...but eh thats just me
    I think the Sonics would insist that Danny Granger would be included in any package for Lewis, so that's the end of that.

Mood

yeah im sure they would..so with that being said i would NOT be open to trading away Danger no thanks
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I don't know maybe they're willing to take jackson for rashard lewis?...man if donnie could pull off a trade like that the city of indy should build a golden statue 20 feet tall somewhere in monument circle hahaha.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know maybe they're willing to take jackson for rashard lewis?...man if donnie could pull off a trade like that the city of indy should build a golden statue 20 feet tall somewhere in monument circle hahaha.
    If Donnie pulled that **** off, other GM's in all sports would have their own personal statues of DW in their offices.

Mood

id trade Granger for Lewis. the hell with the future, we've been on that wagon since after teh finals run. i want to see something happen now. DG has tons of potential, but is it really that better from what Lewis is now? i don't think so. the free agency option of Lewis after the season is the real catch here. and based on that i'd probably say no, just coz we'd likely end up with nothing. but talentwise and all other factors, i'll do it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Al and Harrison and Rawle for Lewis. Lewis would work about a billion times better with JO than Al.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

In a vacuum, I'd love to have Lewis, but we're too deep at small forward as it is. The obvious solution is to trade one of our small forwards. Lewis is an upgrade over Al, and if it were a simple swap, I'd have to think about it. The upside of Al is that he can adequately man the PF spot if JO goes down. If we do that trade and JO goes down, we're screwed. Not to mention that Danny gets virtually no PT in that scenario.

If you trade Danny, I'd hate to say it, but I almost think you have to get something else in the deal, simply for fear of Danny becoming Scottie Pippen while Lewis goes to play for the Bobcats or something when he opts out.

I really don't see any good combination of players that nets us Lewis without potentially screwing us in the future. I'd do Jackson and Williams, but again, that puts Danny out of a job, leaves us very weak at SG, unless you think Lewis can do it at 6'10", and, more importantly, I don't think Seattle would do it.

Maybe if a 3rd team got involved to smooth out our risks of taking Lewis and helping us shore up other problem areas, but I don't see anything that works as just a SEA-IND trade.