Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Colts Won't Reach Superbowl

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 10 Reasons Why Colts Won't Reach Superbowl

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shouldn't be favored?? Who would you put over the Colts? Let me guess, you are on the Cowboys bandwagon, right?
    Baltimore, definitely.

Possibly San Diego and/or New England as well, though I think we could take either team on our home turf.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    I think you can get NE and with SD I call it a tossup - next to LT you have a young QB. If you pressure him he might make mistakes.

Baltimore's the one team I look at and think is just plain better than the Colts - best team in the NFL. Nothing you can point to as a weakness with that club.
    I've been pushing Baltimore as the best team in the league for a few weeks now. I think they're clearly better than us, with a handful of other teams POSSIBLY better.

So, for the Colts to win the Super Bowl, the following must happen:

- The offense must produce near the top of its capacity.
    - They must have home-field advantage.
    - They must protect Manning, or it will be last season all over again.
    - The defense needs to step up to mearly "bad."
    - Somebody must beat Baltimore before we face them.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    no actually I havent. I said any team that can run the ball well will beat you guys, and so far I've been right.

LOL - nice revisionist history. You named specific teams that would beat us and were dead wrong.

I hope we play Baltimore, I love beating McNair.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    LOL - nice revisionist history. You named specific teams that would beat us and were dead wrong.
    I was only wrong about NE. I said the Titans would and retracted my statement about the Skins after all the injuries the week beforwe.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Are you guys watching a different league than I am, and everyone on ESPN as well? Baltimore just lost to a reeling Cincy team having an identity crisis.

San Diego is clearly the most complete team, and they've been doing it without Shawn Merriman. Not to mention, they're the team with the best shot at beating us. They play a 3-4 defense, which gives us fits, and Merriman plays the position that gives us the most fits in the 3-4. And Merriman is quite possibly the best defensive player in the NFL, roids, or no roids.

Not to mention on the other side of the ball, they have the best RB in the league to exploit our weakness in run defense.

I have nightmares thinking about playing San Diego. Baltimore doesn't scare me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    Are you guys watching a different league than I am, and everyone on ESPN as well? Baltimore just lost to a reeling Cincy team having an identity crisis.

San Diego is clearly the most complete team, and they've been doing it without Shawn Merriman. Not to mention, they're the team with the best shot at beating us. They play a 3-4 defense, which gives us fits, and Merriman plays the position that gives us the most fits in the 3-4. And Merriman is quite possibly the best defensive player in the NFL, roids, or no roids.

Not to mention on the other side of the ball, they have the best RB in the league to exploit our weakness in run defense.

I have nightmares thinking about playing San Diego. Baltimore doesn't scare me a bit.
    If you're basing your opionion of Baltimore just on its previous game then you must think the Colts are a lock to be eliminated in the 1st rd of the playoffs after losing to a mediocre Tennessee team.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I am concerned about facing any team with a serious running game and a better than average D. That would include Baltimore, SD, and NE. If on the road, even more concerned. Hell, at this point I wouldn't even want to face the Bengals if they got in.

We could theoretically reach and win the Superbowl, I just think our defense would be too much to overcome over the course of 2-3 weeks based on the type of competition we would probably face.

In addition, you have to admit that we have yet to really prove our post season mettle. This core group really all the way back to the '99 loss at home to the Titans. We have not proven physically and mentally tough enough in the post season to place a shred of doubt or fear in other teams when they face us. They still look at us as the team that can't break through.

Keith Bulluck even said as much in post game interviews. Sorry don't remember where I saw it, but it was something along the lines of well I guess they still think the outscoring everybody philosophy can work in the playoffs. This is the type of respect we're going to get until we prove something.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Baltimore, definitely.

Possibly San Diego and/or New England as well, though I think we could take either team on our home turf.

Baltimore???????????.............. Why do I keep seeing Baltimore?? I think you were the 4th person to write "Baltimore." Baltimore hasn't been dominant by far. They eakkked out a win against S.D other then that it is all Browns, Tampa, Oakland. They were just SHUT DOWN by Cincy, Denver beat them handily (meaning they controlled the entire game not on the score, denver doesn't win by much ever), and Carolina beat them and you guys have more faith in Baltimore then the Colts?
    This thread is based off losing to the Titans and the team you guys are claiming that is better then the Colts, is a team that had the EXACT same problems with them. In reality even worse problems, they were down by 19 almost the whole game, The only difference is Balti' pulls out the win by a single point.

If you guys are upset with a team that is 10-2 and are looking for a team with superior defense and superior offense; Good Luck! Right now I'm happy being a Colts supporter. Even though the colts haven't won it all doesn't mean the colts aren't good, and it certainly doesn't mean the colts shouldn't be favored. See you guys in early Feb, when every one has jumped back on the bandwagon.

See you guys in early Feb, when every one has jumped back on the bandwagon.
    Hmmm, I guess you didn't see me jump on that bandwagon when the team went 1-15? If you're going to call people out at least know a blatant generalization statement isn't necessary. It is not a penalty to question or have an objective view point of the team. In fact we hope the brain trust does the same and takes a hard look at how the team is structured.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Baltimore???????????.............. Why do I keep seeing Baltimore?? I think you were the 4th person to write "Baltimore." Baltimore hasn't been dominant by far. They eakkked out a win against S.D other then that it is all Browns, Tampa, Oakland. They were just SHUT DOWN by Cincy, Denver beat them handily (meaning they controlled the entire game not on the score, denver doesn't win by much ever), and Carolina beat them and you guys have more faith in Baltimore then the Colts?
    This thread is based off losing to the Titans and the team you guys are claiming that is better then the Colts, is a team that had the EXACT same problems with them. In reality even worse problems, they were down by 19 almost the whole game, The only difference is Balti' pulls out the win by a single point.

If you guys are upset with a team that is 10-2 and are looking for a team with superior defense and superior offense; Good Luck! Right now I'm happy being a Colts supporter. Even though the colts haven't won it all doesn't mean the colts aren't good, and it certainly doesn't mean the colts shouldn't be favored. See you guys in early Feb, when every one has jumped back on the bandwagon.
    You are basing to much on the beginning of the season.

McNair and Jamal Lewis are back on track now leading a very efficient offense. After Baltimore fired Jim Fassel and let Billick run the offense, they have had a potent offense to go along with their incredible defense. I wouldn't want the Colts to play the Ravens in the playoffs. Jamal Lewis may not be what he once was in his 2000 yard season, but I'm willing to bet he would run all over Indy.

250 yards rushing in the 1st half????? Don't tell me there's anybody out there who'd put money on the Colts to make the Super Bowl.

i certainly won't. this team is not that good. they lose in the 1st round of the playoffs,
    this is easily the WORST defense in the league. mediocre runners look like great runners, better than average runners look like god on cleats. they (the defense) are undersized and slow. they are getting totaly bullied out there.
    this game is turning into a blowout. jones-drew could run for 300 yards today if he wanted to- i'm not kidding.
    this defense is not only the worst defense in the league but the worst by a big margin.
    i'm getting tired of the fools gold seasons where we look great for most of the season only to see the colts get ruled in the playoffs. i am afraid this season is going to be more of the same. this game against jacksonville is already a done deal. and it looks like it's gonna be a blowout.

Anyone still think the Colts are better than the Ravens, Chargers, or even the Jags?

Baltimore and San Diego would put a whoopin' on us that would make the Jets blush.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

*Bump*

I'm glad I didn't post any predictions in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

We need another one of these for this season.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    We need another one of these for this season.
    Fine,

10. Vinateri is starting to lose it. Did you see week 2?

9. Our starting DT's are what was supposed to be the second string this year behind McFarland and Simon.

8. New England will know are plays and call signs well in advance of our games. Dan Klecko is the mole on the inside.

7. Bob Sanders is going to get hurt, its gonna happen, you just know it.

6. Rob Morris is gone, he was a big peice of the defense last postseason.

5. Freeney seems to be well contained so far this year.

4. Our rookie LT is going to hit the rookie wall at some point, and when he does Peyton is gonna feel it.

3. The Colts will go 14-2 this year leading to over confidence and ultimately a crushing lost in the playoffs.

2. New England is better than the 72 Dolphins, 85 Bears, 1970's Steelers, 1990's Cowboys, and the Montana and Young 49's combined. Seriously don't you watch ESPN?

1. No way they could do it twice. The sun shines on a dog's @ss just once.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Wow, I forgot about this thread. I knew you guys were wrong. I remember laughing when I was reading some of the posts in here.

You guys were silly.

-- Steve --

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, a Diamond Dave sighting!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It wasn't this thread that vaulted us to the Superbowl. It was my thread I made out of anger for this one with the opposite view point.

I felt it all year last season. Even when Maurice Jones drew was stiff arming the whole team.

Actually that game was the one game all year when I started to lose hope. But they gained it all back after we stomped Cinci on Monday night.

Completely proven wrong. And couldn't be happier.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

The beginning of this thread sounds a lot like some of the negative pacers talk going on, like people who think we will be the worst team in the leauge.

Its safe to say we aren't finals material, but Im fairly confident we will have a playoff team (barring major injuries).

Once again I dont get the pessimism... I never got this pessimistic during last years run. I was a little worried going into the KC game but after we stuffed larry johnson that game I was right back with it. Some of the folks on this forum are capable of some major freak outs.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Before that KC game I knew that the defense would step it up.

The only thing that got me was the first half of the patriots game. I was throwing stuff and didn't start watching the game until the third quarter.

lol hahahahaha, why wait to the superbowl when they will be back on the 'bandwagon' within 2 weeks writing they are so appreciative of the Colts and Manning blah blah blah lol....

I love this forum; one week there is someone posting we should lose because it will be "good" for the team, When the Colts do lose then we are "done" Now HOLY **** we are 10-2 and we have the worst defense EVER on any team (apparently they person hasn't seen the Packers D this year lol). We do have a bad defense especially for what we shell out for our Offensive. YES we need a new defense I say trade Wayne for a badass CB and a MLB. OR do what denver does let Addai gain about 125 yards a game and score 2 TDs a game then trade him for an awesome defender and Draft another decent RB. Because with this O-Line that is all we need a "decent" running back.

Anyway, I'm with the Colts as ALWAYS, thick and thin even if they do lose 2 games in a season (*******s). The NFL is so close in talent in every single team, I don't know why any of you would count us out. I'LL, SEE U GUYS first week of February giving the whole "i always knew we'd win it."

PEACE!

I got so much heat during this thread. Love to get justice Now only if someone could pull up those old AL Harrington threads lol, maybe I'd get some more respect around here lol

GO COLTS BABY!!!
    Last edited by BoomBaby31; 10-17-2007 at 03:15 PM.