Thread: Antoine Walker to Clippers trade rumor

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Post Antoine Walker to Clippers trade rumor

Was discussed by the Celtics analysts during halftime of the Celts/Raptors game - rumor is Walker and James Posey to the Clips for Corey Maggette.
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Default Re: Antoine Walker to Clippers trade rumor

Really? The Clips can't do better than that for Corey Maggette? Is this a David Stern induced trade so that Miami can get back on top? Shouldn't Maggette be going to Cleveland? What's going on?

That does seem like virtually nothing for Mags.

I'm happy with the way Jack's playing, but if they're giving him away for free we should get in on that action.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

unless it involves a first or 2nd round pick with those players there is no way in he11 id do that trade.

..but eh thats just me...
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Maybe the Clippers have a reason for trying to unload Maggette relatively cheap? Maybe he's not such an angel in the lockerroom? Maybe he's not providing a lot of extra's opposed to what a lot of his statistics are saying? Maybe they perceive him to be too much of an injury-risk on a team that wants to contend in the West?

Personally, I like the way he goes to the hoop, but we already have Daniels who can do that for us AND I want to stay away from guys with an injurypast like his not too mention the talking about him wanting to start, etc. We could seriously do without yet ANOTHER guy like that on the team.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Let's put it this way. Walker is an ex All Star and can be a primary scorer if needed. Maggette had nothing to do will All Star and isn't a very dependable scorer, but he does that well in chunks. So, as an amateur opinion, I'd say straight-up Corey for Toine is ok for Clippers on short term. Add Posey on that and they should do that in a heartbeat.

Hmmm this theory has some flaw somewhere. But where?

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Valente View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's put it this way. Walker is an ex All Star and can be a primary scorer if needed. Maggette had nothing to do will All Star and isn't a very dependable scorer, but he does that well in chunks. So, as an amateur opinion, I'd say straight-up Corey for Toine is ok for Clippers on short term. Add Posey on that and they should do that in a heartbeat.

Hmmm this theory has some flaw somewhere. But where?
    De acord!

1) It neglects to mention the injury history of two of the three players involved

2) It neglects to mention the chemistry problems atleast one of the players seems to have seriously placed upon himself. Why would the Clippers, if this is such an easy decision which they should make in a heartbeat, MAKE this decision? Why? Not out of humanity towards Magette or compassion towards the defending NBA title I may presume, right?

Those are key elements. Other things could include stuff like salaries/contracts and needs for both ballclubs, but I strongly suspect the above two to be the key ingredients here.

Salut,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Maybe they'd like better than 8% from 3 coming off the bench. Yes, that's 8% (and he puts 1.8 up per game with this rate).

And he's coming off the bench. After the way things went last year, the injury and then the better play with him not starting aparently (or do I remember incorrectly) I have to wonder why the Clippers still have him not starting right now. Ross is even getting more minute than he is.

Even with Walker slumping right now, this looks like a fair deal to me. Posey has been a good defender, at least previous to this season (not sure this year) and is putting 3 3PA per night at a 40% rate.

For LAC it expands their bench depth (really just Livingston, Magette, and Thomas), for MIA it helps tighten their rather long bench up.

Personally, I like the way he goes to the hoop, but we already have Daniels who can do that for us
    I agree. Similar players, MD looks fine and is learning to fit in and at least appears to be getting along with his teammates.