• Bench player

19 48.72%
  • It doesn't matter as long as he gets enough minutes

19 48.72%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/29/2006 Game Thread 16: Pacers at Warriors

Default Re: 11/29/2006 Game Thread 16: Pacers at Warriors

Pacers on an 8-nothing run.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Never mind, two straight layups for GS.

Have I mentioned that I'd like for us to have Pietrus?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wonder what JRich did to get benched....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Pietrus is like the min-artest. Does a lot of what Ron does in a smaller, quicker body, but like ron, he has never met a shot he didn't like....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Tinsley and Davis in a NY/LA point guard duel.....it seems Jamaal has fired Baron up.

" You can't miss your layups and give them layups" Clark Kellogg

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Holy crap! Al just got a rebound!
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wonder what JRich did to get benched....
    Whatever it is, if they want to trade him I'd be happy to oblige.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Tinsley is shooting way too much. Is he really going against Baron?
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Holy cow, Tinsley is clutch.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

OK, he just made like three straight shots.

Quis shooting poorly.

Was the last shot of the half a good shot?
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Tinsley is shooting way too much. Is he really going against Baron?
    He just got 4 straight points in 30 seconds... nothing wrong with that.

Even better, both shots were within 6 inches of the rim when he let them go.

I'm all about a high percentage.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Holy cow, Tinsley is clutch.
    He had a nice conclusion to the half, but shouldn't "clutch" be directed towards the 4th quarter, rather than a couple short-range shots in the 2nd quarter?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We did a nice job to stay in this one. The Warriors hit a lot of really tough shots. We have to do a better job rotating to the open shooters though.

Great finish of the half by Jamaal. I wish Marquis had made that shot after he stole the inbounds pass.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
    Marquis stole the inbounds and nearly hit one at the buzzer to give the lead.
    Man, I wish we'd gotten that. It really would have hurt the Warriors mentally going into halftime.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I forgot what it's like to play a Don Nelson coached team - Pretty much a layup drill - the man cannot coach defense. If you can keep from turning the ball over against the Warriors, you'll get a good shot in the paint. They are a good offensive team though

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    He had a nice conclusion to the half, but shouldn't "clutch" be directed towards the 4th quarter, rather than a couple short-range shots in the 2nd quarter?
    Fair enough, allow me to rephrase.

Interesting. I am once again surprised at the degree to which Tinsley can get good shots when the team needs points and there's no time left on the clock.

Better?

Enjoy your time at PD!

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rarely have I seen two teams give such an awful defensive display. Tinsley has become just a statue out there. Ugh.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Mood

We definitely need to clamp down on Baron and Pietrus. Also try to get JO more involved in the offense. What's with Danny's limited minutes?

We're winning turnovers and rebounds. At this point, it seems like we need to make shots and force them to take tougher ones.

thoughts from people who actually are seeing something other than yahoogamechannel?
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    thoughts from people who actually are seeing something other than yahoogamechannel?
    Obnox is right... it's an ugly game.

Pretty much nobody really looked good out there... we're holding even despite a flawed performance from pretty much everybody. Nobody had a great, or even a good, half.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty View Post
    Rarely have I seen two teams give such an awful defensive display. Tinsley has become just a statue out there. Ugh.
    I see it everytime I watch a Don Nelson coached team - but something happens, he gets the oppoent to play horrible defense too.

Jeff had a great 1st quarter. I thought Marquis gave us some good minutes, but he missed way too many inside shots

Quis is gettin good looks but they just arent falling for him, i hate those nights where nothing goes
    I was ready for Josh Smith to go to Indiana, but he went to the NBA. I am ready for him to come to Indiana once again.

This game is a fun one to watch. Tinsley is playing inspired ball tonight. Marquis is doing a good job. If we can shoot better than 39% in the second half we should win.

Sarunas was getting beat over the top by the 6'10" Dunlavey so Rick took him out. I thought he was playing well except for he is just too short tonight.

The Pacers are running the break great tonight.
    It seems the Pacers can run with these guys and when they do the kind of put GS back on their heels. We get fouled and score from the line. It should be a good second half. Very exciting game with excellent ball movement.

Yeah, the fast break is the only thing that's kept us in the game. That and being aggressive... FTs have saved us.

I agree that Foster played well in the first, but he had a few horrid possessions in the second before getting yanked. Tinsley's played reasonably well, but still not up to my expectations for him.

Saras was getting killed by Dunleavy, which is no crime. But it wasn't on switches... Nelson put him at 2 to match up with Saras. When Dunleavy wasn't in, though, it was Pietrus doing the work. They showed a bunch of Pietrus highlights at the break, and they all came against Sarunas.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Just announced... Richardson has a rolled ankle and will not return.

Enjoy your time at PD!