YES!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Default Re: Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    YES!
    Good thing! I thought we lost, based on the comments around here.

a Haiku (5/7/5):

Go and flip a coin
    You have to take what you get
    Indy Five-Hundreds

another haiku

yes we won the game
    i hate these west coast road trips
    too old to stay up

Drives into the paint
    All night long their guards blow by
    Please no more Tinsley

Quote Originally Posted by mugsy27 View Post
    another haiku

yes we won the game
    i hate these west coast road trips
    too old to stay up
    Right there with you. Of couse, the scotch didn't help.

/cheers

Pacers late this week

Can watch last half after work

I enjoy west coast

Foster was Feisty

Saras,Armstrong are spark plugs.

rebounds require sweat.

Granger fits new role

nice alley oop to Baston

DA strokes big shots.

Why Not Us ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    Drives into the paint
    All night long their guards blow by
    Please no more Tinsley
    that's deep, man
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

we might not show it
    but this was a needed win
    we are too hard to please
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Really, Pacers have 4th best record in the East, the team has a bunch of new players, are searching for the identity. All experts claimed Pacers would achieve nothing this season. And in the polls I didn't see many optimists here too.

We are really very hard to please. But it shows everybody cares. Many think, that Pacers won't play very good, but otherwise they would eat crows so Pacers would succeed.

When the team is 8:7, fans want better. The team would have 11:4, the fans still would want better. They would complain - "Oh, man, we should have won that game, we must have won, it was so close, we would be 12:3 now".
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler."

- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pitons View Post
    When the team is 8:7, fans want better. The team would have 11:4, the fans still would want better. They would complain - "Oh, man, we should have won that game, we must have won, it was so close, we would be 12:3 now".
    Exactly right.

I think everybody's waiting for the other shoe to drop. It will take time (and some postseason wins) before the memories of the last two seasons fade.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    we might not show it
    but this was a needed win
    That's six syllables in your last last line. Six!

Blasphemy!

What do you mean too hard to please?

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    That's six syllables in your last last line. Six!
    Math was never my strong suit.

Enjoy your time at PD!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pitons View Post
    Really, Pacers have 4th best record in the East, the team has a bunch of new players, are searching for the identity. All experts claimed Pacers would achieve nothing this season. And in the polls I didn't see many optimists here too.

We are really very hard to please. But it shows everybody cares. Many think, that Pacers won't play very good, but otherwise they would eat crows so Pacers would succeed.

I agree. And BTW you might have noticed that my post game comments about Sarunas were all positive, and NOT because of a bunch of 3 pt makes. He finally has showed some signs of life in his game. He looked extremely comfortable on the offensive end, something that has been missing since last year.

Even on his good shooting nights he has often been out of synch with the offense and simply benefitting from the ball rotating to him standing at the 3pt line open. I didn't see the TOR game, so I don't know there. I know his numbers stunk but that doesn't mean much regarding confidence. He could have looked comfortable and just not executed well.

Whatever the case I did think he looked like maybe he was feeling better about the situation in the CLE game. I think he and Rick have found a proper role and group of sets for him to work out of (lots of PnR, lots of dribble action toward the lane, good help on backcourt pressure).

I mean for him the SEVEN assists are much bigger than the points; though what is big about the points is how often they came off of his dribble drive.

My negatives after this game were about Granger. Right when he gets praised for his great game even. Numbers are nice, but he had a typical sporadic evening with a bunch of pretty bad mistakes which I listed in the post game discussions.

Pulling him and those mistakes out of the starting lineup really helped the situation I think. He still shot the ball well and as always he brought tons of hustle. He's just green and prone to collegiate level errors still. The more success he has and the more games he goes through the better this will be. In the meantime I wish fans would stop overlooking his mental breakdowns while hunting down flaws from other players. If you watch Danny play and think "oh, that's just great" then you aren't watching the details and away from the ball enough.

And don't mistake that evaluation for displeasure or discontent. I expect it of him and understand it. Just like I expect defensive issues with Saras. As long as both of them do the good things that are also expected then I have no problem...which is exactly why I don't get PO'd about Jack's poor 3pt shooting.

Pacer fans will whine
    In a win their pet goat shines
    But they still complain

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Somebody explain the meter/rhyme structure to all this poetry.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I agree. And BTW you might have noticed that my post game comments about Sarunas were all positive, and NOT because of a bunch of 3 pt makes. He finally has showed some signs of life in his game. He looked extremely comfortable on the offensive end, something that has been missing since last year.
    Yes, I have noticed that.

Actually, I agree. Saras is very inconsistent and we will see if he will play second good game in a row tonight. I guess this would be first time in this season (and in his career - don't know that) if that happens.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler."

- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    There once was a Pacer team from Nantucket
    Who had a player turn to the coach and say "suck it"
    The manager got mad...
    The coach turned sad...
    And as for the fans, they said "F... .t"

-Bball "Can't do haiku... But can talk in rhymes... sometimes..."
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Haiku has 3 lines:

5 syllables
    7 syllables
    5 syllables

My pride overflows.
    Inadvertent Haiku thread.
    Keep up the good work.

Freakish lucky shot
    Celebrate with guns and 'ho's
    Stephen Jackson's night

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    Freakish lucky shot
    Celebrate with guns and 'ho's
    Stephen Jackson's night
    :

Enjoy your time at PD!

awwww... it's off to Siberia with the Haiku thread.

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

The Pacers forum
    Where fun always goes to die
    I will weep inside
    Narf!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What a game last night
    Tinsley is the one for us
    Jackson is the man

:Sunshine: