Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P's-Blazes Postgame thread: TRADE JO

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default P's-Blazes Postgame thread: TRADE JO

I mean seriously where did we find this piece of crap excuse of a franchise player? There are at least 30-40 players that can do the exact same thing. Oh and on top of that how dare he think he can actually sound off on the team. He is just NOT that important. I mean look he sprained his ankle tonight and left we almost lost the game and he comes back and we cruise. You know what JO supporters? That is just a coincidence. He is an overrated piece of crap with no heart and we should trade for anything we can get I mean seriously I am not even sure who would want him at this point. I mean like I said there have to be at least 30-40 players that can do what he did tonight. What were his stats again? 20 pts., 8 boards, 6 assists, 5block and 8/13 shooting? Plus he came back from an injury to lead us back from the game? Pffffffft, I say to that what an overrated piece of crap. You think Chicago would give us Ben Wallace for him straight? Probably not, his value is so low. Most overpaid player in the NBA right now. In fact I'd say the best we could hope for was PJ Brown and Mike Sweetney. And you know what? I'd do that deal.

Oh

AND THEN I WOKE UP.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: P's-Blazes Postgame thread: TRADE JO

Trade him for Kenyon Martin and a pair of Carmelo's shoes. (I believe the math works itself out.)
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Hard to argue with Jermaine's play tonight. His stats were good, but he did a lot of good stuff that didn't make the box score. Bball won't agree, but tonight Jermaine was really a guy that made his teammates better.

EDIT: Wow, I just saw his stats. 20 points on 13 shots, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 blocks, only 1 turnover. I'll take that every night. Randolph can keep his guady 30 points on 27 shots.

Also can't say enough about Jeff Foster tonight. His D against Randolph was outstanding. Yeah, he only had a couple points and a couple rebounds, but he was everything you'd want from your starting center. Randolph was ON... he didn't miss those 16 shots for any reason other than Jeff Foster.

Danny also looked very comfortable in his new role of primary bench scorer. It's not a good long-term solution, but I'll take it for now. I like the new lineup.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Real quick:

1. Rebounding sucked. Way too many o-boards for Portland. This just looks like it's gonna be an issue all season.

2. New lineup worked. Granger played great off the bench. Much more balanced rotation.

3. When "Good Sarunas" shows up, we're a solid team. Rick gave him and Army extended playing time (Jack + JT didn't even play in the 4th) and they produced.

4. JO is playing the best ball of his career. I'm finally proud to call him our "Franchise Player". (I might have to sport the JO jersey at the Oracle Arena instead of the Reggie one) I really hope he's good to go tomorrow night.

JO was outstanding

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hard to argue with Jermaine's play tonight. His stats were good, but he did a lot of good stuff that didn't make the box score. Bball won't agree, but tonight Jermaine was really a guy that made his teammates better.

EDIT: Wow, I just saw his stats. 20 points on 13 shots, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 blocks, only 1 turnover. I'll take that every night. Randolph can keep his guady 30 points on 27 shots.
    With a big ol' smile on my face!

This game really shows the importance of JO, and good guard play. I wasn't able to watch it, but I followed the game thread and box score. "Good Sarunas" showed up tonight, and it seems like whenever that happens, we win. I can't make a judgment on Tinsley, though. Anyone fill in that blank for me?

Great win to start off a road trip! Let's hope that ankle is fine!
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

I guess my post game thread was a little late, so I'll move it over here

I need to make this quick as it is getting late.

I assume it was as obvious to everyone watching as it was to me. The game turned in the Pacers favor because Saras and Armstrong played the whole fourth quarter. And please understand, it isn't that DA and Saras are that good - because they clearly aren't. But they play 100% unselfish ball on both ends, they move the ball, DA battles on defense, the Pacers overall ball movement and offensive efficiency is just so much better when they are in the game - or let me be more direct - it is better when Jax and Tinsley are on the bench

After a nice road win I don't want to dwell on the negative, but I have to say something about Tinsley's 3rd quarter performance. But as I don't want to ripped for being overly dramatic, let me just say his performance was embarrassingly bad. I have to assume he was who Rick was yelling at during that 20 second timeout.

Tonight I realized how starved I am for a new backcourt

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    I can't make a judgment on Tinsley, though. Anyone fill in that blank for me?
    Tins didn't shoot well, but played a decent floor game (especially in the first half). Did a great job passing the ball and running the offense, and only took one bad shot that I remember.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    After a nice road win I don't want to dwell on the negative, but I have to say something about Tinsley's 3rd quarter performance. But as I don't want to ripped for being overly dramatic, let me just say his performance was embarrassingly bad. I have to assume he was who Rick was yelling at during that 20 second timeout.

Tonight I realized how starved I am for a new backcourt
    Well, that's embarrassing. Right after I said he played well. In my defense, I missed a good chunk of the third quarter.

Agree on the new backcourt thing. I didn't have a problem with Jackson tonight, he played decent-or-better basketball for the whole game. But I'd love to upgrade our starting point guard spot. I'd take J.Jack in a heartbeat.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    I can't make a judgment on Tinsley, though. Anyone fill in that blank for me?
    He did some things in the 3rd quarter that had me screaming at my TV. Thankfully Rick sat him the whole 4th quarter

Mood

A new backcourt? I could go for that!
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by bnd45 View Post
    Real quick:

1. Rebounding sucked. Way too many o-boards for Portland. This just looks like it's gonna be an issue all season.

2. New lineup worked. Granger played great off the bench. Much more balanced rotation.

3. When "Good Sarunas" shows up, we're a solid team. Rick gave him and Army extended playing time (Jack + JT didn't even play in the 4th) and they produced.

4. JO is playing the best ball of his career. I'm finally proud to call him our "Franchise Player". (I might have to sport the JO jersey at the Oracle Arena instead of the Reggie one) I really hope he's good to go tomorrow night.
    You didn't watch the Pacers in 02-03 did you?

JO has already been nicked up what 3 times this year counting preseason, I don't care how he is playing, trade him now before he gets a disease named after him and we lose him, and get stuck with a 20 Mil a year contract that we can't trade.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

How good is Jerrod Jack? Does anyone regret drafting Granger instead of Jack?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post

JO has already been nicked up what 3 times this year counting preseason, I don't care how he is playing, trade him now before he gets a disease named after him and we lose him, and get stuck with a 20 Mil a year contract that we can't trade.
    Ah, man, this forum is so much easier to read once I figured out I don't have to take you seriously.

The "disease" line was good, though. Props for that.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    How good is Jerrod Jack? Does anyone regret drafting Granger instead of Jack?
    He's quite good. I'd love to have him as a starter.

But Granger is and will be better.

Enjoy your time at PD!

JO played a great game tonight. Let's bottle it and serve it every game.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

LOL. Some people live for hate.

Ah, man, this forum is so much easier to read once I figured out I don't have to take you seriously.

The "disease" line was good, though. Props for that.
    What part of my post was wrong, see when you don't take people that present facts and realism seriously it sorta leads to disappointment when you are surprised by the fact that this team isn't very good.

JO is Overpaid
    He is Injury Prone
    And we would be better off in the long run without him, but they are delusional about us winning now.

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    LOL. Some people live for hate.
    Realism anybody, yeah a guy already hurt 3 times this year isn't a concern, hell if Tinsley had been hurt this many times people would be all over him.

I don't understand the instant praise of Saras and DA at the expense of Jack and Tins. I'm glad they played well down the stretch, but I feel pretty damn confident in our starting backcourt until they prove completely otherwise.

What part of my post was wrong, see when you don't take people that present facts and realism seriously it sorta leads to disappointment when you are surprised by the fact that this team isn't very good.

JO is Overpaid
    He is Injury Prone
    And we would be better off in the long run without him, but they are delusional about us winning now.
    Let's trade JO away in his prime!!

Unless we are getting another franchise player, no thank you.

Realism anybody, yeah a guy already hurt 3 times this year isn't a concern, hell if Tinsley had been hurt this many times people would be all over him.
    He's missed ONE game. Thats hardly injury prone and tons of players gets nicked up every game when playing sports.

Mood

JO missed one regular season game (since when did the pre-season matter, anyways?). That shows me that even if JO is dinged, he's going to suck it up and play. THAT is why no one cares about it, because JO has played very well, dinged up or not.

If JO misses a huge chunk of game again this year, it's reason for concern. But, if that happens, no one will want him anyways--so we might as well accept that JO is playing GREAT ball right now, and be happy. Because even if he's going to get hurt, we're stuck with that; but if he's not, then we've got a top tier player in this league.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    I don't understand the instant praise of Saras and DA at the expense of Jack and Tins. I'm glad they played well down the stretch, but I feel pretty damn confident in our starting backcourt until they prove completely otherwise.
    My disdain for SJax and Tinsley is well documented, so this is not a sudden change of opinion resulting from tonight's game, or even the overall play of Red Bull and Runi this season. Those two are certainly back-ups for any NBA team, but they make a good 2nd-string backcourt.

I have actually liked a lot of what SJax has done this year. He's not taking as many outside shots, but taking it to the hoop. SJax as SF I like, SJax as SG I don't. Tinsley has talent, but it doesn't fit on this team. I'm holding out hope that both of them play well enough that they raise their trade value, and we have ourselves that new backcourt by the deadline.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Let's trade JO away in his prime!!

Unless we are getting another franchise player, no thank you.
    Right now he looks great but come February he will be wearing otu again. Until he plays Ohh I don't know 20 games straight, I would hold out saying he is in his prime.

Or he has one sorry as prime to his name.

Do I like his improved blocks and reduced fouls, yes, but he needs to improve his rebounding and offensive percentages. 45% isn't cutting it.

Hell he isn't even averaging a 20-10 on a worse % than 02-03, as of now 02-03 was his prime.