Thread: Vick flips off the fans

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Vick flips off the fans

At the end of the game, he gave fans "the salute."

Why do athletes do this? They know that nothing good is going to come of it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Vick flips off the fans

he flipped them the dirty bird lol

bad joke i know...but i had too
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Flipping off your own crowd has often led to players relocating... not that Vick will but I agree, nothing good to come from this.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

I think he was actually flicking his receivers off for dropping balls left and right.

That was a joke by the way. I really don't blame him. He may not be accurate on every one of his passes, but his WR's are definitely not helping him..they lead the league in dropped balls by a considerably large margin.

But yeah, he should have exercised some self control.

Mood

Yeah, nothing good ever comes from something like that. There's good reason to be upset, though. His WRs can't catch for some reason, the team is going to lose the division to to SAINTS or Panthers. Mike Vick can't seem to really get comfortable in any offensive scheme...maybe Mora Jr. should come up with something new.

It's obvious that he's got amazing talent, there's no doubt. But, something has to be done to utilize it properly. Warrick Dunn is certainly a top tier RB in the league. And the defense has shown that it can be very good.

The answer, however, does not lie in flipping off the home crowd--that much is certain.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Jim Mora (the father) called Vick a "coach killer" on the radio the other day. ...Which then caused Jim Mora (the son and coach) to do some tap dancing to distance himself from his father's comments and to embrace his QB and team.

And now this...

Seems maybe 'Father knows best'....

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Vick will never be a good quarterback
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sort of reminds me of Jeff George like move.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he was actually flicking his receivers off for dropping balls left and right.

That was a joke by the way. I really don't blame him. He may not be accurate on every one of his passes, but his WR's are definitely not helping him..they lead the league in dropped balls by a considerably large margin.

Sportscenter keeps saying he flipped off the fans, which is totally false. He looked his reciever right in the eye, and flipped him off (while smiling.) It was 100% serious kidding jesture. I'm sure everyone has flipped off their friends in a joking manner. I thought it was funny because if I was a QB and a reciever just dropped a PERFECTLY thrown 30+ yard pass while he was WIDE OPEN, during a comeback and to top it off he was just called a "coach killer" the week before. I say flip him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

Unfortunately, his receivers have to decide early weather to concentrate on catching a ball or blocking. If he could read a defense and quit running so damn much maybe his receivers would be better.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    Unfortunately, his receivers have to decide early weather to concentrate on catching a ball or blocking. If he could read a defense and quit running so damn much maybe his receivers would be better.
    There is absolutely no excuse for the WRs dropping balls that hit them right in the hands. Vick running is no reason for that kind of pathetic performance. It's absolutely shameful how many passes are right on the money, but dropped by the WRs.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31 View Post
    Sportscenter keeps saying he flipped off the fans, which is totally false. He looked his reciever right in the eye, and flipped him off (while smiling.) It was 100% serious kidding jesture. I'm sure everyone has flipped off their friends in a joking manner. I thought it was funny because if I was a QB and a reciever just dropped a PERFECTLY thrown 30+ yard pass while he was WIDE OPEN, during a comeback and to top it off he was just called a "coach killer" the week before. I say flip him off.
    Actually, he DID flip off the fans. Or, at least, one fan in particular:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2677679

The Falcons (5-6) heard loud boos following their fourth straight loss. Vick said that as he walked off the Georgia Dome field he heard an especially disturbing insult from a male fan.
    "He just said certain things I won't say in front of this camera," Vick said at a news conference. "It was very inappropriate. I was down, upset, frustrated. I just did one thing I've never done through all the games I've ever lost, no matter how frustrated I've been after a game. I don't know where it came from, but the people who know me know that's not me and that's not my character."