Thread: Question for Pacers fans in Indiana

Hybrid View

Cool Question for Pacers fans in Indiana

Hello all,

Have you ever gone to a Pacers road game? :thepacers

If you've been to another team's arena, what was it like?

I'm talking about picking an away game and rooting for the Pacers in the other team's arena?

I've been to road games in Milwaukee & Chicago.
    It's so cool to hear your cheers in the other guy's place.

This forum would be a good way of organizing a road trip!!

Default Re: Question for Pacers fans in Indiana

I've been to games in Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Cleveland. Those are the only ones within about a 5 hour drive. Not sure what would be the next closest. If I ever get rich enough and can take time off one year, my dream is to go to every Pacers game home and away. it will never happen though, but I'd love to do that.

I usually travel to Pacers vs. Wizards games in D.C. because my brother's law firm has seats on the floor that he allows me to use ($875 each seat year before last/thankfully not out of my pocket-the last time I could go). Very enjoyable and we both root for the Pacers when we are there. I can't be too obnoxious but I stand up and cheer and shout for the Pacers and yell at the refs and have felt (at least I'd like to believe anyway) that I have helped the Pacers get a few calls by yelling about holding/grabbing, etc.

Four years ago I flew from Indy to NY to go to a Pacers/Knicks game (the infamous game where Artest broke the MSG Camera) and then took the train overnight to D.C. and went to the Wiz game the next day. Jordan went for 44 (I think) in double overtime. Bad part was Pacers lost both games-led by 18 at half @ NY and lost when B.Miller missed a three at the buzzer. The D.C. loss was OK because I got to see Jordan and Miller really go at each other that night.

Best thing about the whole thing was how the NY fans received my wife and I. I purchased tix behind the basket on the floor for approx. $75 each (heckuva deal but they have to sell at no more than face + some flat fee?). I would still not want to go to Detroit and cheer for the Pacers but I would think most fans in most arenas will appreciate you going and have fun with you as long as you don't get obnoxius/drunk/abusive/profane. It is a great experience and I strongly recommend it to anyone that can do it. I would like to travel to other arenas but, unfortunately, I don't think that the team is currently worth the time and financial investment for me. But if it works for you, I strongly recommend trying it at least once. And I would recommend an historic arena such as MSG (since MSG is the only historic one left).
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

As a student in Boston I go to Celtics/Pacers games when I can and they can be pretty rough...that is, unless they are winning by 26 points...

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a student in Boston I go to Celtics/Pacers games when I can and they can be pretty rough...that is, unless they are winning by 26 points...
    Agreed, Boston is not a fun place to be a Pacers fan. Seems as if we've developed somewhat of a rivalry since the Celts have been our first round opponents twice in the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, Boston is not a fun place to be a Pacers fan. Seems as if we've developed somewhat of a rivalry since the Celts have been our first round opponents twice in the past few years.
    3 times

I used to go to the game when the Pacers would be in Oakland to play the Warriors. I noticed there was always a mixed crowd. Never too many boo's going the Pacers' way, and always an unusual amount of Pacer fans in the audience.

sweabs

I manage to go to at least one Pacers game in Toronto, and one in Detroit every year. I have also seen them play in Cleveland a few years ago.

I'll be going to our game next Sunday VS. the Raptors, of course. I still haven't picked a Detroit game yet. Detroit is not an easy place to go into wearing the blue and gold.

I live in Atlanta and ocasionally go and watch them play the Hawks. I'll occasionally go see a game in Miami/Orlando whenever I'm down in Florida.