On ESPN last night, one of the guys said that Parker is a top-5 PG in the NBA. I wouldn't go anywhere near that far...
1. Jason Kidd. No argument there, right?
2. Starbury. I'm not a big fan, but they went head-to-head last year and Stephon was clearly the better player. Yeah, New York played like crap, but they don't have a coach, Tim Duncan, or a training camp. If I was making a team, I'd pick Parker first, but it's because he'd be a better fit for the kind of team I'd make. I think Steph is the better player.
3. Gary Payton. Despite the poor play so far this postseason, I've got to give the Glove some love. He should never have signed with the Lakers, but he's still the player he has been in years past. DPOY, and was able to carry his team offensively for years.
4. Baron Davis. Yeah, he looked terrible today, but he's running on a bad wheel. He was being mentioned as an MVP candidate earlier in the season.
5. Chauncey Billups. Don't tell Kstat.
There's also SamIAm, Bibby, and Nash that I'd put ahead of Parker. After him would come J.Will, Franchise, Arenas, NVE, and Tinsley.
This is off the top of my head... did I miss anybody important? Heinrich in Chicago, Wade in Miami, and Banks in Boston are pretty promising.
Nobody (besides Achilles) has answered my real question, however... will Tinsley ever catch up to Parker? Will we still be wishing we'd drafted Parker five years from now?