Let's try this again:
1. Fred Jones is now the starting SG replacing Mo Pete.
2. Parker has started at the F position since game 2:
3. He is #1 at the SF position on the depth charts:
4. He is noted as a guard forward in the story from the Raptors' web site when he signed in July:
"The Toronto Raptors announced Thursday they have signed free agent guard-forward Anthony Parker to a multi-year contract. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed.
5. Listed as a guard forward on the team roster:
6. rcarey's comments from the ABA vote thread:
I watched 3-4 of the Raptors preseason games, and here is the deal. Mo Pete is technically listed as the starter at SF and Parker at SG, but when they play it's Mo Pete who acts as the shooting guard and vice versa. Parker is the guy who is covering the opponent's SF in a lot of instances.
Remember, he's 6-6. When Freddie comes into the game as well, and they decide to keep Parker on it's Fred who goes to the 2 spot unquestionably with Parker or Mo Pete at the 3 spot. It all depends on rotations and who is in the game.
I see him as being worthy of having that GF status.
I've read as much Raptors related stuff as I care to right now. I can't find a story where Mitchell says, "Parker is our starting small forward." If all os this curcumstantial evidence is not enough, no problem. I would appriciate your vote either way and maybe feedback on what else would make a stringer case. As you can see, I tried to add some humor to my choices. My teams dominance should in no way affect your voting.