Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OSU Vs. Michigan Thread!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default OSU Vs. Michigan Thread!!!

Saturday can't come soon enough. I scored tickets to the Horseshoe for what is sure to be a great, great game. I mean, I think my Bucks will have the game wrapped up in the 3rd quarter, but this is a season maker for our club obviously.

Let's see if it can live up to the media hype.

Default Re: OSU Vs. Michigan Thread!!!

I don't watch much football...but I'm going to be sure to watch this one.
    AKA Sactolover05

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope michigan wins, that'd be the best shot for a rematch as the national title and everyone knows they're the best two teams.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm a huge UMich fan.

I'll be parked in front of the tv, eating ham and beans, and probably screaming, while being decked out in Maize-n-Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm a huge UMich fan.

I'll be parked in front of the tv, eating ham and beans, and probably screaming, while being decked out in Maize-n-Blue.
    With the bean lunch 'fueling' your enthusiasm can we assume you will be watching the game alone?

"What's that smell? Who did that!?"

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    I'm a huge UMich fan.

Here's to a good fight.

Can't wait. Go blue.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

We're one day closer, I cannot ****ing wait. I think all of the strengths weaknesses variables will even out when it comes to Michigan's strong running game against OSU's "weak run defense", Michigan's weak passing game against OSU's strong secondary, Michigan's run defense against Pittman, Troy Smith against the Michigan secondary. I think it will come down to Carr and Henne vs. Tressell and Smith, and I have a boatload of confidence in our 2.

About 26 hours to go. O-H-I-O GO BUCKS!!!!!

Bo Schembechler just died

Nerd.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Yeah, I was just about to post it. Man, turns my good day right around...

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

Go Patriots!
    Narf!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    RIP Coach.

It's not fair. He should have been around to see tomorrow.

It's like hearing your grandfather died. You're saddened, but in the end he lived a fuller life than many of us will ever dream. At least, that's how I always thought of Bo.

R.I.P.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

The NCAA Championship game just like the Western Conference Finals.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Decent game so far..but Michigan needs a big second half if they want to win this one.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

OSU owning on offense. Mich defense really has no answer though Mich is hanging in there. I don't think the second half will be too competitive though. OSU is obviously the best and will destroy in Rose Bowl. Still a good game though.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Kinda hard to tackle when you're constantly slipping and falling on that jungle they call field turf....

Michigan has side-to-side speed and everyone knows it, so they completely took that away by putting down that crappy field. OSU which is all straight ahead speed isnt affected nearly as much.

I really wouldn't care if we slicked our field with oil next year. It wouldn't be any less fair. I hope we put anything and everything possible on the field to make OSU players half as fast, because this is BS.

Anything for an advantage I guess...

I'd like to see Ohio State beat us on a field that isn't a complete minefield. That's all I'm going to say.

teY dennaB toN

As a 100% neutral observer, man that was a weird game. I would have never though UM would lose if I was told beforehand they would score 39 points. Their D had been unbelievable this year.

OSU has an explosive office, obviously, but I thought UM left a lot of points out there. I wasn't particulary impressed by Henne at all. He missed some wide open receivers and took a couple of unnecessary sacks by holding the ball too long.

Also, Kstat is right, that field was atrocious. I actually do believe it played a role in the outcome of the game. The difference in the game was the field and OSU's two long running plays for TDs.

I do believe they are the 2 best teams in the country. I would love to see a rematch on a neutral site in January on turf that's not made of wet dog turds and long grass.

Also, Kstat is right, that field was atrocious. I actually do believe it played a role in the outcome of the game. The difference in the game was the field and OSU's two long running plays for TDs.
    Thank you.

I can live with bad calls or injuries, because those always happen during the course of a game.

The field on the other hand, was blatently unfair to Michigan, and OSU did it on purpose. It cost them at LEAST three TDs off slip-and-fall missed tackles.

Like I said, beat us on a field that isn't rigged, and I'll gladly tip my cap to OSU.

And if we don't get another shot, I say slick the field with oil next year so they literally fumble every shotgun snap they take. If that's what winning this game has come to, then I say fight fire with fire. If that turf today constitues a legal field of play, we should be able to get away with pretty much anything.

teY dennaB toN

Trust me, as a Colts fan, I can empathize with you when it comes to horrid playing fields.

The Pats and Jets beat us on similar fields in the playoffs, made specifically to slow down the offense. Extremely frustrating.

Seeing that Kstat got in here before me I'm not about to read a thread full of "we should've won" bs.

So without reading the thread, it was a very good game and the better team won. When you're teams' strength is defense and the other team wins by running two 40+ yard touchdowns right down your throat, they've shown they're better than you.

Good game, sucks we lost. OSU better win the NC and not screw the Big Ten losing to some patsy like ND or USC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Thank you.

I can live with bad calls or injuries, because those always happen during the course of a game.

The field on the other hand, was blatently unfair to Michigan, and OSU did it on purpose. It cost them at LEAST three TDs off slip-and-fall missed tackles.

Like I said, beat us on a field that isn't rigged, and I'll gladly tip my cap to OSU.

And if we don't get another shot, I say slick the field with oil next year so they literally fumble every shotgun snap they take. If that's what winning this game has come to, then I say fight fire with fire. If that turf today constitues a legal field of play, we should be able to get away with pretty much anything.
    Give me a break. Aren't you the same person who said "Excuses are for losers"?

Last year, Notre Dame grew their grass thicker than US Open rough before they played USC, and USC still went in and won the game. It's called homefield advantage, and that's just as much a part of the game as bad calls or injuries. Ohio State won fair and square.

IMO, these are the best two teams in the country. But Michigan's destiny isn't in their own hands. USC and the Florida-Arkansas winner are probably in the driver's seat (although we'll find out tomorrow). But anyone arguing Notre Dame needs to remember one thing:

Michigan 47, Notre Dame 21

Notre Dame needed Michigan to win. They are now out of national championship contention.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

sweabs

It's just a "little trick". It's part of the game! It's been going on for years!

Anyone who blames the turf is a sore loser.

It's home field advantage for a reason and both teams are affected by a sloppy field. It's just some teams have an easier time adapting then others.

If this game was played elsewhere, OSU would still win. I don't really like either team, but that was probably the best game I've seen all year.