Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread:What is a rebound? Thunderbird we need you in here [Read Post #75]

Default Post Game Thread:What is a rebound? Thunderbird we need you in here [Read Post #75]

removed; verbal attack on non-member

Default Re: Post Game Thread:What is a rebound? Thunderbird we need you in here

Colossal choke.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The usual for this team.

It's starting to not even bother me.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Reminds me of some games from last season. I met have to bring that avatar back for the night.

Great game for Danny though. It's too bad he didn't get many touches.

They outscored us 30-14. I'm not even going to start on the rebounds and turnovers either.

Pffft. 4-3.

I sometimes wonder if I watch a different game then others watch.

What should Rick have done differently. Lets start there.

I said this in another thread, I thought the Pacers played a great game except for rebounding. The Pacers defense tonight was the best it has been all season long.

sweabs

I don't know how you can only blame Al Harrington for not boxing out on the defensive end. Jermaine was not doing much to help out in that department either, which isn't a surprise. Not to mention the fact that we had wing players swooping in for offensive rebounds out of nowhere as well.

Next stop June 2015

We have an exciting front court until you need a rebound. Granger is going to be on the perimeter more often, so it's up to Al and JO and they will not get it done. Don't know what the answer is, but it might involve a guy named Jeff Foster.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

That was totally inexcusable the phrase "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" comes to mind. I'm so mad right now, that was such a collectively pitiful "effort" and we use that term loosely here. What was the point in keeping Marquis and Jeff on the floor at the same time?!?!? Neither one of them could throw a snowball into a pool from 20ft, so on the offensive end it's like watching 3 guys try to make something happen. Rick is an idiot, can he not see how we're getting beat and how he needs to adjust. That entire game made me sick, I can't count how many times we stood around with our thumb up our collective and watched ben wallace pull in 56034968340 offensive rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said this in another thread, I thought the Pacers played a great game except for rebounding. The Pacers defense tonight was the best it has been all season long.
    I agree. We knew this was the otherside of going small, there are going to be nights like this. Chicago just got too many second chance points off the glass. Other than that I loved the effort , it just seemed every loose ball bounced their way, and part of that was Chicago being in position.

Why Not Us ?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I sometimes wonder if I watch a different game then others watch.

What should Rick have done differently. Lets start there.
    He sat Danny Granger when he was on fire. Sitting a hot perimeter player in this NBA is an absolute sin. THe NBA has changed from 5 years ago. Rick is still caught back there.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by PaCeRs_GiRL View Post

Great game for Danny though. It's too bad he didn't get many touches.

I'm ecstatic to see DG get his shot going the last couple games but one rebound from him is unacceptable. Deng, Nocioni, and Wallace made our front line look it was moving in slow motion every time the Bulls put a shot up.

What happened to the ball movement the last 15 minutes of the game? All I saw was a bunch of one-on-one clear outs down the stretch. The Bulls kicked up the intensity and we didn't match. Will this be a the beginning of a trend of teams figuring out how to stymie the sets we've been running on O?

When you look at the # of processions given up to poor rebounding, and turnovers, it's amazing that they were in the game. Offensively Al played a good game, but he's never been a good rebounder at the 4. I'm very happy with Granger so far this year, but minutes just have to be shaved from our starting front court to find more time for Foster. We really pulled down just 2 boards from the point, and 8 total boards from the back court. This needs to be addressed, but none of the our guards really rebound well.

A lot of people need to calm down. The Pacers are still trying to learn how to play a new style. And let's not forget that the Bulls are a good team, especially on the defensive end.

I don't see how this is completely Carlisle's fault. As far as I know, he can't be on the court boxing out. He can't be out there letting Ben Wallace score on him....

I'm with Uncle Buck. I was happy with the Pacers' effort tonight besides the rebounding.

But by all means, let's fire Carlisle. Not even 10 games into the season, lots of new players, new playing style. No, let's forget all that and make a quick hasty decision.

To borrow a Kstat phrase, "We're doooooooooooooooommmmed"

My criticism is not off mark at all. Al Harrington didnt even try to rebound. He didnt try, its not that the guy he was guarding was like 7-6 and he couldnt get a rebound, he just didnt try to rebound.

This was the first game of the season I got to watch and let me say how dissappointed i am.

Jermaine O'Neal i(edited out) who can score because he is so tall. Every rebound he got just bounced into his hands.

Good job Rick Carlisle for benching Granger and throwing the ball to JO in the clutch even though Al is CLEARLY a better offensive player and DG was on fire.

Im done with this team as long as Carlisle/Jermaine are around. Worst combo meal in the history of combos.

Hi my name is Jermaine O'neal and I am the most over paid player in the history of the NBA and I might think about getting a rebound but gee whiz all these 6'0 tall guys are real fast and I have to save my energy to try to score on Ben Wallace cuz he just scored on me and made me look like a fool for letting the worst offensive player in the NBA school me twice in a row.

Oh whats up Al Harrington your twice the player as me but make half as much money, but since I get paid so much Carlisle BETTER call the play for me in the clutch...danny who? He hasnt been shooting very well tonight, lets go ahead and sit him for Rawle Marshall.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

The Bulls are a pretty good team and a great defensive team - the only team that might be better is the Spurs. The Bulls turned their defense up big time in the 4th quarter and the Pacers lack of rebounding caught up with the Pacers.

That is what I saw.
    The Bulls didn't turn up their defense... We turned down the offense. Rick got scared and went to his usual favorite play - the JO isolation. That's when the game completely went down the tubes because ball movement ceased to exist and our defense was thrown out of whack.

Next stop June 2015

Deng and Wallace got 30 boards, the Pacers got 28. This is pitiful. Our starting "PF" got 4 boards. How can this be?

There is a price to small ball, and finally some people might start recognizing it. Don't look at their height. Consider the reality of how they match up in the paint.

What play do you call to get DG an open shot. He isn't Reggie. DG needs to be standing still and pretty much wide open. So you go to Jax in the post on a smaller player, you go to JO hoping for a double team, you go to Al hoping for a double team and then they can throw the ball to DG.

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    The Bulls didn't turn up their defense... We turned down the offense. Rick got scared and went to his usual favorite play - the JO isolation. That's when the game completely went down the tubes because ball movement ceased to exist and our defense was thrown out of whack.
    Yep, I thought the same thing.

Al is 245 lbs. He has the body and skills to get rebounds but he doesn't wan't to do the work . I don't know how RC can motivate Al to do this. If he takes him out of the game there goes a big scorer.

I realize I'm in no position to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Is this thread an example of what Pacers Digest has become? I certainly hope not.

Everyone needs to calm down a little.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I don't know if we can really blame the lack of effort on 4 games in 5 nights but wow was that a horrible game. If we get beat that badly one more time on offensive rebounds this season, we better be making some trades, give someone else a chance, or fire rick for sitting around watching us get beat then when we finally are getting beat call a timeout cause ya know it's easy to watch 12-14 point leads just dwindle while you ponder if you need to make an adjustment. So far this season it has been the tale of two teams, which one wants to show up each night is always a mystery.

I'm still just astonished at how Rick literally took the ball out of Jack and Danny's hands for pretty much the entire 2nd half. And then we expect them to light it up and save us at the very end? I just cannot understand.

Pacesetter

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    My criticism is not off mark at all. Al Harrington didnt even try to rebound. He didnt try, its not that the guy he was guarding was like 7-6 and he couldnt get a rebound, he just didnt try to rebound.
    Ok, so I guess you paid attn to his BS foul count eh? Al fights like a wild man every time he takes the court. If you're going to criticize, then criticize JO for coming up with a whopping 0 on Offensive rebs. Al hustled every chance he could. The man was 1 foul away from walking. .... duh!!!