Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

  1. #1

    Exclamation Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Like I've said since day one when roughly 80% of this board doubted me, Al Harrington is a far superior player than he was in July 2004. His offensive game is on a whole new level. He's got one of the best midrange games in the entire league and he might be the quickest 6'9" 250 pounder I've ever seen. His rebounding has even looked pretty nice. He left Baby Al and he's returned Big Al. Are there really any doubts that this guys a future All-Star? Probably this year. I think he's better than the overrated Ron "40/30/65" Artest right now.

  2. #2
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Right.

    If all-star voting ended one week into the season, he would be an all-star.

    Don't get me wrong, I hope he touches the ball every posession for the rest of the season, I just don't see him getting in among all the other big names.

    He's had one heck of a week, though. I hope he keeps it up.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  3. #3
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Why do you feel it is your sole responsibility to attach yourself to some novel opinion on every one of our players? At least this one is reasonable unlike all of your other threads, however.

  4. #4
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    It's how he operates. He did it last year too. Full of sound and fury, and all that.

    Just be thankful we haven't had any phony trade reports......yet.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  5. #5

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    As long as the Pacers keep winning, the coaches will give them and their players proper respect come February. There are plenty of forward spots available, and Al's ability to play either the 3 or the 4 will only help his chances. Pierce and LeBron are both listed as guards I do believe. That will also help Al's chances. So who's his competition? Antawn Jamison? Richard Jefferson? Please.

    I remember I started a "Tayshaun Prince vs Al Harrington" poll over on IndyStar about 5 or so months ago. Believe it or not Tayshaun Prince actually got about 70% of the votes. Thats what happens when people go strictly by reputation and dont actually watch the games. Al is a star in the making, Tayshaun's a role player.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you feel it is your sole responsibility to attach yourself to some novel opinion on every one of our players? At least this one is reasonable unlike all of your other threads, however.
    Why's it your sole responsibility to follow me around and harass me with your trolling BS? And why are the mods here allowing it?

  7. #7
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,386

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As long as the Pacers keep winning, the coaches will give them and their players proper respect come February. There are plenty of forward spots available, and Al's ability to play either the 3 or the 4 will only help his chances. Pierce and LeBron are both listed as guards I do believe. That will also help Al's chances. So who's his competition? Antawn Jamison? Richard Jefferson? Please.

    Pierce and Lebron are both forwards or at least were last year. I like Al as an "All-Star" talent maybe, but his chances for the game are slim I think. JO, Bosh, Dwight Howard, Lebron, Pierce would all win the popularity contest against Al. Then there would be 3 or 4 forward spots on the bench at the most? I just think Al gets squeezed by the numbers.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #8
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,386

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why's it your sole responsibility to follow me around and harass me with your trolling BS? And why are the mods here allowing it?
    The irony...

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #9
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, Paul Pierce, Richard Jefferson, Tayshaun Prince, Jermaine O'Neal, Caron Butler....

    Yep. He has no competition at all.

    and that's only assuming Okafor gets listed as a center.

    We won't know where they're listing anybody until monday.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  10. #10

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pierce and Lebron are both forwards or at least were last year. I like Al as an "All-Star" talent maybe, but his chances for the game are slim I think. JO, Bosh, Dwight Howard, Lebron, Pierce would all win the popularity contest against Al. Then there would be 3 or 4 forward spots on the bench at the most? I just think Al gets squeezed by the numbers.
    Lebron was voted in as a guard last season, and PP is listed as a guard off the bench. Also, Grant Hill was voted in as a starter at forward. Hopefully that doesn't happen again, which will free up another forward spot. Antawn Jamison also made it last year. I could easily see Al taking his spot.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, Paul Pierce, Tayshaun Prince, Jermaine O'Neal, Caron Butler....

    Yep. He has no competition at all.

    and that's only assuming Okafor gets listed as a center.

    We won't know where they're listing anybody until monday.
    Tayshaun Prince? Caron Butler?

    Neither of those two are worthy of lacing Al Harrington's Nikes.

    Starters: Shaq - Bosh - Carter - LeBron - A.I.

    Bench: JO, Howard, AL, Pierce, Wade, Arenas, Billups

    JO will get put in as a center, which should mean both Ben Wallace and Zydrunas Ilgauskas are D-O-N-E. Hallelujah!

  12. #12
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    http://www.insidehoops.com/all-star-ballot.shtml

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lebron was voted in as a guard last season
    Wrong. He's listed on the ballot as a forward.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and PP is listed as a guard off the bench.
    Wrong again. He was a forward on the ballot.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, Grant Hill was voted in as a starter at forward.
    Wrong again. That was two years ago.


    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  13. #13
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,386

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lebron was voted in as a guard last season, and PP is listed as a guard off the bench. Also, Grant Hill was voted in as a starter at forward. Hopefully that doesn't happen again, which will free up another forward spot. Antawn Jamison also made it last year. I could easily see Al taking his spot.
    Not right now. Antawn Jamison has been fantastic so far this season for the Wiz. Hes been good for close to 24 and 8 every night.

    Lets take a look at last years all-star team.

    Lebron was voted in as a forward. PERIOD. Not a guard. The backcourt was Wade and AI. Highly doubt one of those guys was a forward. JO was voted in as the other starter last year not Hill. So frankly you aren't exactly batting 1.00 in this post.

    Now lets look at the reserves, Chris Bosh and Paul Pierce were the two forward reserves. Pierce is not listed as a SG hasn't been for a couple years.

    Thanks for proving my point.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. #14
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,386

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tayshaun Prince? Caron Butler?

    Neither of those two are worthy of lacing Al Harrington's Nikes.

    Starters: Shaq - Bosh - Carter - LeBron - A.I.

    Bench: JO, Howard, AL, Pierce, Wade, Arenas, Billups

    JO will get put in as a center, which should mean both Ben Wallace and Zydrunas Ilgauskas are D-O-N-E. Hallelujah!
    LMAO at Lebron being a SG and Carter being a SF. That got a BIG chuckle out of me. Seriously do you ever not talk out of your ***?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. #15
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tayshaun Prince? Caron Butler?
    Butler had 14 points, 10 boards and 3 steals tonight.

    Prince had 31 points and 7 boards tonight.

    Just thought I'd let you know, since you love to ride every 1-game trend in an 82-game season...

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JO will get put in as a center
    Of course. He'll get put in as a center...because you say so. I get it now.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  16. #16

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.insidehoops.com/all-star-ballot.shtml



    Wrong. He's listed on the ballot as a forward.



    Wrong. He was a forward on the ballot.



    Wrong again. That was two years ago.

    I was actually looking at the 2005 All-Star lineup. Just a slight slip up on my part. Of course the fact that Im right about things like the Miami heat winning the world championship when no one was picking them, Al Harrington being an amazing talent when everyone assumed he was 6th man working as a stat padder in Atlanta etc.


    Rip, Sheed, and Ben are all three OUT. With that happening and with JO playing center, that frees up 2 forward slots. There will be other small changes of course. The 3 big men off the bench for the East will JO, Howard, and Al. JO would of course start if he were still playing PF, but now those pesky Canadians will not only get Bosh in, but they'll vote him in as a starter.

  17. #17
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,386

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was actually looking at the 2005 All-Star lineup. Just a slight slip up on my part. Of course the fact that Im right about things like the Miami heat winning the world championship when no one was picking them, Al Harrington being an amazing talent when everyone assumed he was 6th man working as a stat padder in Atlanta etc.


    Rip, Sheed, and Ben are all three OUT. With that happening and with JO playing center, that frees up 2 forward slots. There will be other small changes of course. The 3 big men off the bench for the East will JO, Howard, and Al. JO would of course start if he were still playing PF, but now those pesky Canadians will not only get Bosh in, but they'll vote him in as a starter.
    Hahahaha wow pat yourself on the back some more.

    As far as this JO being listed as a center thing, I think you are barking up the wrong tree. JO doesn't even get announced as the center at Pacers home games, Al does and on top of that, FSI recognizes them both as forwards. Which is something I think the NBA and the ballot will follow.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. #18
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Rip, Sheed, and Ben are all three OUT.
    Really? You've banned them from making the all-star team? Why wasn't I told?

    JO would of course start if he were still playing PF, but now those pesky Canadians will not only get Bosh in, but they'll vote him in as a starter.
    Of course, it's not like Bosh would actually DESERVE to start there....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  19. #19

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Butler had 14, 10 boards and 3 steals tonight.
    14 points? Geez...I bet if Wilt were still alive he'd be shaking in his boots at the thought of Caron Butler breaking his single game scoring record.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Prince had 31 and 7 boards tonight.
    7 rebounds? That has to be a career high for Tayshaun.
    And all Tayshaun's 31 points mean is he'll get 11 over the next two games. He's got a 14 ppg reputation to live up to you know.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just thought I'd let you know, since you love to ride every 1-game trend in an 82-game season...
    Are you implying Al's a 1-game trend? Hardly. He's the real deal. From what I've seen, I'd make him #1 option and move JO down to #2, which will allow him to focus more on rebounding and defense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course. He'll get put in as a center...because you say so. I get it now.
    He'll get put in as a center because he's *GASP!* playing center this year. What a strange world we live in, huh?

  20. #20
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,386

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? You've banned them from making the all-star team? Why wasn't I told?



    Of course, it's not like Bosh would actually DESERVE to start there....
    Psssh, of course, he wouldn't it'd be the canadians. I mean what PF averaging 23 ppg and 13 rpg so far would deserve to start in the all-star game?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. #21
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,386

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll get put in as a center because he's *GASP!* playing center this year. What a strange world we live in, huh?
    No he's not. I have not heard JO announced as a center by one person so far. He jumps the tip thats about it. He spends most of his time in the high post.

    Are you sure you are a Pacers fan because I have not heard one person come out and say JO is playing center and especially when they are announcing Al at center during the home games that would send a pretty strong message.

    Oh wait no, Reb must be wrong and you must be right.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. #22

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? You've banned them from making the all-star team? Why wasn't I told?
    The sickening amount of Pistons in last years All-Star team was just a product of overzealous coaches putting them in because last years Pistons team was "the best team EVER!!!1!"

    There's no way Sheed ever sniffs another All-Star game in his career. Ben Wallace is about as done as done gets. His contract is now officially the worst in the league by a country mile. And Rip just isn't good enough to make it in over the other guards in the East.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course, it's not like Bosh would actually DESERVE to start there....
    When he (A) plays a lick of defense and (B) actually wins more than 15-25 games, probably. Until then? No.

  23. #23
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    14 points? Geez...I bet if Wilt were still alive he'd be shaking in his boots at the thought of Caron Butler breaking his single game scoring record.
    Caron has been the glue of the wizards in every game this year by playing defense....not that you'd know anything about something you don't read in the box score.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    7 rebounds? That has to be a career high for Tayshaun.
    And all Tayshaun's 31 points mean is he'll get 11 over the next two games. He's got a 14 ppg reputation to live up to you know.
    ......and al harrington has a 12ppg average to live up to

    Do you just make stuff up as you go along or something?



    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you implying Al's a 1-game trend? Hardly. He's the real deal.
    Your're right. He's been on fire for a whole WEEK.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From what I've seen, I'd make him #1 option and move JO down to #2, which will allow him to focus more on rebounding and defense.
    I'd do that too.

    Then again, I don't really care about the pacers winning games as much as I want to see Al produce points...

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll get put in as a center because he's *GASP!* playing center this year. What a strange world we live in, huh?
    ....and what world is that, because you seem to be living in a different one than the rest of us.

    Most box scores have AL HARRINGTON listed as the center.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's no way Sheed ever sniffs another All-Star game in his career. Ben Wallace is about as done as done gets. His contract is now officially the worst in the league by a country mile. And Rip just isn't good enough to make it in over the other guards in the East.
    .....one week into the season

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When he (A) plays a lick of defense and (B) actually wins more than 15-25 games, probably. Until then? No.
    So how many games has Al won this year?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  24. #24
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,386

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    I don't think I have ever seen one person get more dominated in a thread before.

    And to think it didn't have to be this way if he didn't proclaim Al the best thing since sliced bread...
    I hope Al does make the all star game. However to call it likely is silly at best...


    And to think we have that unstoppable David Harrison waiting in the wings, we are set for a DECADE.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. #25
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,262

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Al Harrington Is An All-Star

    Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    And to think we have that unstoppable David Harrison waiting in the wings, we are set for a DECADE.
    David Harrison is the best center in the world. Wilt Chamberlain, Ben Wallace, Andrew Bynam and Greg Oden are DONE.

    Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to watch the replay of the Lakers exposing the Pistons tonight.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •