Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Granger - Disappointing?

Default Re: Granger - Disappointing?

Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What bothers me is the fact that Granger has yet to prove himself to be capable of being the type of scorer most of you want him to be, yet everyone here is acting like it's a guarantee to happen. I'd be far less worried about his offensive start this year if he had already proven himself in the past, but he hasn't.
    New role, new responsibilities, new teammates, new offensive strategy.

If you're still disappointed in January, bring the topic back up. It's a non-issue at this point.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't get the negativity in general thus far. Our team is 3-2 and 2-1 on the road whre we are one of ony 4 teams to be above .500. I read a player quote that said that the team would be happy to be around .500 after the first 19 games. We have abetter record than Dallas, Detroit, Miami, Phoenix, and Denver just to name a few. We got 3 guys in a trade that can contribute instead of one and 2 were would dump. Looking at the roster, we have 1 guy that is over 30 years old. We only have 6 players with 5 or more years in the league. It's not like this is a when or else season.

I think once the new guys get comfortable and all on the same page the team will be better. Will we be title contenders? I doubt it, especially if Jax gets suspended after the court date. Will we be better at the end then we were last year? I believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    I don't get the negativity in general thus far. Our team is 3-2 and 2-1 on the road whre we are one of ony 4 teams to be above .500. I read a player quote that said that the team would be happy to be around .500 after the first 19 games.
    Not just a player quote... a lot of us have said that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Not just a player quote... a lot of us have said that as well.

But for the record, it was Jeff Foster.

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    I don't get the negativity in general thus far. Our team is 3-2 and 2-1 on the road whre we are one of ony 4 teams to be above .500. I read a player quote that said that the team would be happy to be around .500 after the first 19 games. We have abetter record than Dallas, Detroit, Miami, Phoenix, and Denver just to name a few. We got 3 guys in a trade that can contribute instead of one and 2 were would dump. Looking at the roster, we have 1 guy that is over 30 years old. We only have 6 players with 5 or more years in the league. It's not like this is a when or else season.

I think once the new guys get comfortable and all on the same page the team will be better. Will we be title contenders? I doubt it, especially if Jax gets suspended after the court date. Will we be better at the end then we were last year? I believe so.
    THANK YOU! Has anyone seen our schedule for the first 20 games? Anything near .500 would be FANTASTIC for a team incorporating mostly new guys and mostly young guys.

I would recommend everyone chill and not like at power rankings and the sort for the next month or so. We'll be back. And Danny will be an essential part of that.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    And the "one guy" has been working his way through the roster with "Can you believe player X? He sucks!"

At this rate, he'll be out of players by december, and through with the coaching staff by Christmas. Then we'll all be treated to "Can you believe our PAC 10 college scout? He sucks!" "Can you believe our Eastern European scout? He sucks!"

Or maybe he'll get bored before then.
    Yeah, but seriously. Have you see the talent they've been overlooking in the Pac-10. Really, since Reggie who have they pulled from out there that became solid. That dude does suck.

And don't mention Fred Jones because I was just being silly anyway.

Granger, through the first 5 games, has been mighty disappointing. I'd like to say for sure it's just a slump, but seeing as how his offense was average at best last year, I tend to think it's more the norm and people here set their expectations way too high.

RedPitSea

Granger, through the first 5 games, has been mighty disappointing. I'd like to say for sure it's just a slump, but seeing as how his offense was average at best last year, I tend to think it's more the norm and people here set their expectations way too high.
    First I didnt know Danny was called on last year to carry the load on the offensive side but correct me if im wrong. I also wasnt aware that he was going to carry this team this year. I understand that he needs to make the open bucket as thats part of what hes paid to do.
    mighty disappointing.
    Didnt he score like 14 the other night? Again I havent seen a game this year and all i know is what i see in the Box the next day but that quote laughable for any player after 5 games.

Pacesetter

So whats up Mr. Danger? We all had sky high expectations for ihm going into this seaosn *removed*. Is it just a slow start or do you think everyone here went overboard with the Granger love in the offseason?
    The books of the bible weren't written overnight!

Granger sure looked good tonight. He really looked more comfortable on the offensive end. His problem is guarding the best scorer on the other team but getting cheap touch fouls called on him like he's a rookie.
    http://indycornrows.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cornrows View Post
    Granger sure looked good tonight. He really looked more comfortable on the offensive end. His problem is guarding the best scorer on the other team but getting cheap touch fouls called on him like he's a rookie.
    http://indycornrows.blogspot.com
    Cornrow! The Indystar defection continues.

BTW, you can put your blog tagline in your signature. It's easier.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/p...=editsignature

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Whoooops!

RedPitSea

Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    You were saying?

Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

They need to give Granger more opportunities to score. I'd like to see him develop. It kind of hurts seeing a lot of squads with young draft picks who are playing full time, putting up numbers and carrying their teams.

Obviously the man just needed to find his place. The way he carries himself, like Chris Paul or Dwight Howard, makes us forget how young he is.