Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread:Pacers @ Wiz

Default Re: Post Game Thread:Pacers @ Wiz

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I knew we lost when I saw that bball posted in this thread

I posted in last night's post game thread too... and that was a win...

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I don't understand the Tinsley bashing at all. Its so silly to blame one guy when the team struggles. OK, he had a few more turnovers than he should have, but would a couple more posessions have done anything for us tonight, and the flagrant foul led to one extra posession for Washington. The game wasn't that close people. Tinsley will be fine, this was just one game (without our best player). Hell, we're still first in the division.
    "Ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to wonder, they get up out of bed but can't awaken from their slumber, they know what they've been told by those who know what they've been told, you see this hand me down knowledge generated ages ago, and I know what they've been told because I've been told the same thing, I had to broaden my horizons to expand on greater things..." Many Styles

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post

I posted in last night's post game thread too... and that was a win...

-Bball
    Hmm.... obviously I am a very illogical man, then....

I don't know if I can agree with you, Jeffniac. I think we should continue paying JO $18 million to sit on the sidelines and lead our team into mediocrity. But's that's just my opinion.

Four games in and JO already sittin out.. why can't all guys just be healthy damnit ?

Hopefully thats the most pathetic game of the season. Getting demolished by a team that will likely finish around .500 at seasons end is an embarassment. We made a mediocre team look like the Showtime Lakers tonight.

As for Harrison, he got us 5 boards and an astonishing 3 blocks in only 18 minutes. He also shot 50% from the field, at 1-2.

Maybe if the team would've got the nearly-unstoppable Harrison some more shots, they wouldn't have gotten blown out by so much as they surely wouldn't have shot 38.6% as a team.

By the way.....Granger with 10 points on 4-11 shooting....he's 5/5 in mediocre games this year. Anyone else wanna make him our #2 option again?

Sports Logo

Can someone tell me why JONeal was out?

I heard some ankle injury......is it serious?

Please don't tell me that its going to be for a long period of time.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Another question: Why was Baston brought if he doesn't see the court even when JO is hurt? We needed some help with those blocks, rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by PostArtestEra View Post
    I don't understand the Tinsley bashing at all.
    I was talking to Forest Gump earlier and he summed up Tinsley this way:
    Tinsley is like a box of chocolates... you never know what you are going to get.

There was plenty of blame to go around in a loss like this but Tinsley shouldn't be immune to taking a good chunk of the blame. The PG needs to be solid and consistent. Especially a veteran PG. You'd hope he could settle the team down, not being one of the biggest ducks in the pond with inconsistent play on both ends of the court.

But no, it all doesn't go on his shoulders. And, when a player is having a bad game, it's OK to shorten their minutes somewhat to either minimize the damage or let them settle down and get their head back in the game.

Perhaps tonight was one of those "lesson games" where a coach sacrifices 1 game in the short term for (hopefully) some long term lessons and benefits.... and wins... down the road. (That doesn't mean we went into the game and he wanted to lose it... It just means once the bad play started and wasn't corrected he didn't throw the kitchen sink at the team nor start using the hook but instead let the bad play continue to make a point. "My way...versus... your way".. "These are the mistakes we cannot be making").

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I think JO was expected to play last night because Pacers.com Game Preview and the Star had him in the starting lineup.

Last night was pretty bad, but we can't stay down about it for long because we have 2 games in three nights coming up. Next is Orlando and they've been pretty solid so far. They beat Seattle last night by one. Hopefully JO is able to play in that one.

On the bright side, we're still leading in the Central Division.

PS. The first few posts in this thread had me laughing pretty hard.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I think this was more of a result of Jermaine not being in the middle, I saw so many guys on the wizards just drive right to the basket and not even think twice about doing it. You best believe they would have thought twice had JO been out there. Arenas was just on from the beginning and when he catches fire like that he's just very very hard to stop. I doubt Jermaine's ankle was very serious not bad enough to keep him out of multiple games he even said he expected to play against Washington, so it was probably just a decision Rick made at the last second to keep him out to keep him from further injury or aggravating the present one, which this early in the season is not that big of a deal espeacially since JO can rest thursday and be ready friday at home. Sure would have been nice to have Orien Greene tonight.

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sometimes you play like crap and the other just so happens to play really well. I think that the scoreline of tonights game reflects that and little else. Close losses where you can point to specific mistakes bother me much more than games like this.

I just want to say a few things about JO not playing.

He is our most important player by far. He relieves so much pressure defensively and offensively. Forget what he does directly, think about what he does indirectly. We were able to hang with the Wizards for a quarter and a half but after that it just wasn't possible. Al could only shoulder so much of the scoring load. Jack does better when there is another big time scorer there and he can focus on defense and let the rest of his game come to him. Even Tinsley, he does a lot better if he knows there's a reliable big guy in the middle on the offensive end...he has to do so much less. You guys underestimate what it's like to play with a dominant big man in this league. JO absolutely dominated the Sixers up until he got injured and I figure that that's what he's going to be doing for much of this year. It was a freak injury so I'm not worried, either. But basically, it seems as if we finally built a team around JO. This is a team that plays to his strengths. That's fantastic news. Before we were sort of building around him and Artest. These pieces fit much better. Unfortunately, they're not going to be so hot when he's out.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good post rexnom, I agree with everything you said.

The Pacers would've lost tonight by a good margin even if Jermaine would've played, imo.

He obviously makes a huge difference, but the main problem tonight was trying to play the second of back-to-back games against a team that was rested. We had no energy and we were settling for outside shots from the opening tip. And to top it off the Wizards just got hot...really hot. Arenas and Jamison were shooting lights out. They had it going for some reason.

As far as the score goes, I'm not super-concerned. The Lakers lost by 33 the game before they won the title in 2000. The effort was disappointing, and even though they were tired, I thought they could've played harder.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    As far as the score goes, I'm not super-concerned. The Lakers lost by 33 the game before they won the title in 2000. The effort was disappointing, and even though they were tired, I thought they could've played harder.
    That game had nothing to do with the Lakers lack of effort.

Mood

I don't understand the Tinsley bashing at all. Its so silly to blame one guy when the team struggles. OK, he had a few more turnovers than he should have, but would a couple more posessions have done anything for us tonight, and the flagrant foul led to one extra posession for Washington. The game wasn't that close people. Tinsley will be fine, this was just one game (without our best player). Hell, we're still first in the division.
    Did you not see the lack of defense played by Tinsley?

Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    Hopefully thats the most pathetic game of the season. Getting demolished by a team that will likely finish around .500 at seasons end is an embarassment. We made a mediocre team look like the Showtime Lakers tonight.
    Pacers were a .500 team last year as well.
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

streets ahead

Default Re: Post Glame Thread:Pacers @ Wiz

ugliest game i've ever seen live.

Leisure Suit Larry

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby31 View Post
    Four games in and JO already sittin out.. why can't all guys just be healthy damnit ?
    I know! There is absolutely no excuse for landing wrong on your ankle. That was 100% preventable.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    I'm sorry but I think that Arenas' play had more to do with it than Tinsley's defense. The guy is really good offensively if you hadn't noticed.
    "Ever wonder what it's like to wonder what it's like to wonder, they get up out of bed but can't awaken from their slumber, they know what they've been told by those who know what they've been told, you see this hand me down knowledge generated ages ago, and I know what they've been told because I've been told the same thing, I had to broaden my horizons to expand on greater things..." Many Styles

Mood

I'm sorry but I think that Arenas' play had more to do with it than Tinsley's defense. The guy is really good offensively if you hadn't noticed.
    Oh, I've noticed
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Sports Logo

You guys realize that you get these games through any season where the team is just not clicking. How many times did Granger lose the ball in the 2nd quarter alone? Do you really think he will get his pocket picked over and over again every game?

Pacers were a .500 team last year as well.
    True, but that was with us at well below 100% for the entire season.

The difference is that when Gil or anyone of your perimeter guys beat our perimeter guys, they had no fear going to the hoop. We're already a small team. Take away JO, who is on a defensive mission this year, and it's just terrible inside.