Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 78

Thread: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

  1. #1

    Default Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    On Drive Time last night and after the game on Sports Talk, they mentioned the rumor of Harrison to the Bulls for a first round pick. Did anyone else hear this?

  2. #2
    Banned Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,408

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Didn't you guys pick him at the end of the first round 2 years ago? Why would they give up a first rounder for him now and in this draft in particular?

    Not to kill your buzz or anything, but I don't think he's shown enough to merit a 1st in return unless he's not the main player in the trade.

  3. #3
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    We aint getting no first rounder for him thats for sure

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,797

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Quote Originally Posted by RSmits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On Drive Time last night and after the game on Sports Talk, they mentioned the rumor of Harrison to the Bulls for a first round pick. Did anyone else hear this?
    Forgive my ignorance here, but what is "Drive Time"? Is that on 1260? Is the Sports Talk you mention the WIBC show?

  5. #5
    Member Isaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    At the beginning of the year I would have said no way, but he clearly isn't in Rick's plans for this season, so I think I would do it. I still want to see more playing time for him if he's still going to be here. I don't want his potential rotting away on our bench.

  6. #6
    Pacers Need A Better GM. !Pacers-Fan!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    139

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    lol, for a first rounder ? i dont think so...

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,653

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    They traded Elton Brand for Eddy Curry, or was it Chandler?

    Anythings possible

  8. #8
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,664
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They traded Elton Brand for Eddy Curry, or was it Chandler?

    Anythings possible
    Jerry Kraus is not in charge there anymore. The days of raping the Bulls are over. If only Isiah had a first rounder to trade....

  9. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,986

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Quote Originally Posted by RSmits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On Drive Time last night and after the game on Sports Talk, they mentioned the rumor of Harrison to the Bulls for a first round pick. Did anyone else hear this?
    Please be accurate. Someone called and said that he heard it from his brother.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't you guys pick him at the end of the first round 2 years ago? Why would they give up a first rounder for him now and in this draft in particular?

    Not to kill your buzz or anything, but I don't think he's shown enough to merit a 1st in return unless he's not the main player in the trade.
    I disagree. Harrisons shown enough signs of dominance and has put up impressive enough numbers in the minutes hes played to be well worth a first rounder. We're not talking about a 6'6" PF here, were talking about a 7' 275 lb. beast who's nearly unstoppable on the offensive end at times and is a great shot blocker to boot.

  11. #11
    Banned Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,408

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Then why does he play less than all but 2 players on your team?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then why does he play less than all but 2 players on your team?
    Rick Carlisle is the new Larry Brown. He should be palying 25 mpg after his impressive rookie and fairly impressive sophomore seasons.

  13. #13
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    I checked the Bulls board on basketball.net and the only rumor they're talking about is TMac.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. Harrisons shown enough signs of dominance and has put up impressive enough numbers in the minutes hes played to be well worth a first rounder. We're not talking about a 6'6" PF here, were talking about a 7' 275 lb. beast who's nearly unstoppable on the offensive end at times and is a great shot blocker to boot.
    Huh? The pacer's david harrison?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It's a league game, Smokey"

  15. #15
    Banned Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,408

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rick Carlisle is the new Larry Brown. He should be palying 25 mpg after his impressive rookie and fairly impressive sophomore seasons.
    A veritable Tayshuan Prince situation I suppose.

  16. #16
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    So, you're comparing David Harrison to Tayshaun Prince, while wishing Foster gets injured?

    Son, get off the Harrison thing. He ain't that good, face it.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then why does he play less than all but 2 players on your team?

    Because the Pacers have too many established big men to spend time developing another one. You could have asked Portland back in the day "If Jermaine O'Neal is so good, why isn't he getting playing time?"

    Chicago could use a true big man to waste 6 fouls on Shaq and Big Z. Getting one with some big upside could be valuable. PJ Brown can't play forever.

    I don't know if the Bulls would give up a #1 for him, but the pick looks like it would be in the 20's (which is about where Harrison was taken in the first place), so it's possible. I can, however, see the Bulls making some kind of trade with the Pacers for Harrison.

  18. #18
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,482

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Our David Harrison worth a first round pick? Especially when the team giving up the first rounder has a shot at Oden? NEVER.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  19. #19

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, you're comparing David Harrison to Tayshaun Prince, while wishing Foster gets injured?

    Son, get off the Harrison thing. He ain't that good, face it.
    Hard to be "that good" when you barely play. All I know is more often than not he's basically unstoppable on the offensive end.

    If Harrison could just keep his fouls a little more under control, there's no reason he couldnt be everybit as good as Chris Kaman.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our David Harrison worth a first round pick? Especially when the team giving up the first rounder has a shot at Oden? NEVER.
    Nobody's talking about the Knicks 1st, are they?

  21. #21
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan83 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hard to be "that good" when you barely play. All I know is more often than not he's basically unstoppable on the offensive end.

    If Harrison could just keep his fouls a little more under control, there's no reason he couldnt be everybit as good as Chris Kaman.
    Unstoppable? He has no range, his footwork is sloppy, and he still can't stay out of foul trouble. He was a 4-year college player and this is his 3rd year in the NBA. The progression just has not been there. I'd like for him to develop into a nice backup and emergency starter, but you should lessen your expectations of him.

  22. #22
    Banned Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,408

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because the Pacers have too many established big men to spend time developing another one. You could have asked Portland back in the day "If Jermaine O'Neal is so good, why isn't he getting playing time?"
    So he's a future franchise player/MVP candidate and a Pacers team stocked with big men but still looking for a center can't find time to play the 7 foot 275lb beast worthy of a 1st round pick in a draft that's deep in big men?

  23. #23
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he's a future franchise player/MVP candidate and a Pacers team stocked with big men but still looking for a center can't find time to play the 7 foot 275lb beast?
    You just disproved your point. We need help at center, and yet Harrison still can't crack the regular rotation. That should say it all right there.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unstoppable? He has no range, his footwork is sloppy, and he still can't stay out of foul trouble. He was a 4-year college player and this is his 3rd year in the NBA. The progression just has not been there. I'd like for him to develop into a nice backup and emergency starter, but you should lessen your expectations of him.
    He's actually shown surprisingly decent range. Besides, Harrison's a true low-post center, and not another one of these 7' wannabe shooting guard.

    He was a 3 year college player. he just turned 24 in August, whoopdy doo.

    As for him not developing, first of all its pretty hard to develop when you barely to get play, and I can tell you his rebounding improved fairly signifigantly from his rookie to his sophomore seasons.

  25. #25
    Banned Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,408

    Default Re: Did anyone hear the Harrison to the Bulls rumor?

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You just disproved your point. We need help at center, and yet Harrison still can't crack the regular rotation. That should say it all right there.
    Its not my point and yes, that's exactly what I'm doing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •