Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

4 57.14%
  • no

3 42.86%

Thread: KL Position change Shareef Abdur Rahim

Default KL Position change Shareef Abdur Rahim

"Quote":Brad Miller's injured left foot is expected to keep him sidelined for at least four weeks.
    Miller was diagnosed with a torn plantar fascia in his left foot Monday after averaging just 6.0 PPG and shooting 8-for-28 from the floor. Shareef Abdur-Rahim should take over at center while Kenny Thomas will continue to start at power forward for the Kings. Both players should be picked up in most leagues in Miller's absence. Nov. 6 - 8:45 pm et

I kindly ask to move SAR to FC and capable of being lined up on C for the time this is so.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Default Re: KL Position change Shareef Abdur Rahim

I meant to vote, 'Yes." Oops.

Shareef Abdur-Rahim should take over at center
    That being said, I don't mean to be difficult, but a player should and a player actually doing are two different things.

First thing that comes to mind is how when Kwame Brown went down, they said Brain Cook and Ronny Turaif should play center. I think only Turaif got some minutes there. When Marc Jackson went down, Hilton Armstrong was supposed to get some time in the middle. He's played 5 minutes all season. Shareef played ONE game at C and we're ready to throw him the vote. We don't know that the Kings might not switch up and play Mo Taylor at C along with Potapenko.

I know the league's a bit different this year, but it usually took more than one game for a vote to pass.

I'm just asking in the future that there be a little more validation than one quote from a nameless source.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

After reading the article with DP's vote I guess I could switch mine. Him and Thomas should probably both be that way since they are the only two bigs that play much.

Shareef Abdur-Rahim-F- Kings Nov. 7 - 12:36 am et

Shareef Abdur-Rahim had 13 points, five rebounds and four steals in Monday's game against the Timberwolves.
    Abdur-Rahim will be the Kings starting center for the next month now with Brad Miller sidelined. Especially if you can use him at center, he should be good for around 15 PPG and 7 RPG with the increased minutes. Sacramento plays three games in week three and four.

Sorry I'm Late...

I vote yes...

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

OK - since I don't want to be too anal about the closing of the vote, I'll go ahead and switch him. I'm assuming from your posts that Scott and Ken's votes are yes's which makes it 7-1 in favor.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm cool with that.

Maybe we need to add the option of Vote Removal, for like in a month time when Brad Miller is back then Rahim goes back to being a Fwd, or is that to much of a hassle...

Just wondering outloud...

I have no problem to send a pm to DK once Brad starts again so he can set him back to F
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Able, hey thats cool, I'm not sure what the league says about it, I just was wondering outloud thats all, in no way was I singling Reef and yourself out..

Just thought you know, positions change and seems like some people are maybe hesitant to vote for a yes because they know it's permanant

Thanks for the fast reply but i'll leave it for the numbers vote to see if it's a worthy idea.

The problem is, when you look at Sacto's roster, the only people getting any PT who you could even consider for playing C are SAR and Kenny Thomas. Potapenko and Mo Taylor aren't getting minutes. Williamson maybe but that's a pretty tough sell.

I'm not sure SAR wasn't their backup center when Brad was healthy - someone who watched them play would have to say what the rotation was - whether Thomas stayed on the floor when he sat or if SAR came in.

I suppose you could check the game logs but it's not enough of an issue right now. Of course it would have been nice if more than 5 out of 24 teams would have voted in the ABA poll ...
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire