Thread: Just a few things

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Just a few things

Wow, what a great game to win. We've had a few of these nail biters this year, and we've found a way to win them all. That's the mark of a championship caliber team.

There were some big time pluses in this game that's for sure. The first one was the three defensive players that made a huge difference for the team tonight. Big time props to Cato June, Bob Sanders and Freddy Keiaho. Cato was just in the right place at the right time a couple times, but no matter how lucky you may be, that's 2 big, big plays he made. Bob Sanders is an absolute animal. He was everywhere tonight. If he still has lingering pains, it definitley didn't show last night, talk about energy. He's going to be the best saftey in the NFL in a few seasons, mark my words on that one. Nice to see him come up with that pick too. Pizza guy made a topic about Freddy, and he is definitley correct about him. He made one tackle on Falk I believe it was that just made the crowd go silent. They were loud because Falk caught the pass (hehe) and they thought he had open field but then Kieaho just came up, lifited him and slammed him down in a swift motion. Now that's how you tackle, great job rook.

Marvin Harrison. What more can you say? Is this the best catch we've ever seen Marvin make. I can't remember who we were playing, but I remember one in about the same spot as that one where he just layed out and made a one handed grab while somehow keeping his feet inbounds. Marvin was great tonight, and how about that taunting penalty. That was funny to see, but I love when Marvin and Peyton are able to release and celebrate a little bit. Marvin, after a catch like that, you can spike the ball as damn hard as you want. Put a little dance on it too if you want, in fact, after making a catch like that do whatever the hell you please.

Peyton was superb last night. We've been spoiled by his lack of interceptions all year that when he did throw one today it was strange too see. Its like every time he makes a pass you try to judge how far downfield its going and you just automatically assume that there will be a reception at that point. That is just how spoiled we are to be able to have a quarterback like Peyton. UB talked last week about how some of us don't fully appreciate the greatness of Manning, but I sure do. God are we lucky.

Let the media circus begin.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Just a few things

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac@Section216 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, what a great game to win. We've had a few of these nail biters this year, and we've found a way to win them all. That's the mark of a championship caliber team.

There were some big time pluses in this game that's for sure. The first one was the three defensive players that made a huge difference for the team tonight. Big time props to Cato June, Bob Sanders and Freddy Keiaho. Cato was just in the right place at the right time a couple times, but no matter how lucky you may be, that's 2 big, big plays he made. Bob Sanders is an absolute animal. He was everywhere tonight. If he still has lingering pains, it definitley didn't show last night, talk about energy. He's going to be the best saftey in the NFL in a few seasons, mark my words on that one. Nice to see him come up with that pick too. Pizza guy made a topic about Freddy, and he is definitley correct about him. He made one tackle on Falk I believe it was that just made the crowd go silent. They were loud because Falk caught the pass (hehe) and they thought he had open field but then Kieaho just came up, lifited him and slammed him down in a swift motion. Now that's how you tackle, great job rook.

Marvin Harrison. What more can you say? Is this the best catch we've ever seen Marvin make. I can't remember who we were playing, but I remember one in about the same spot as that one where he just layed out and made a one handed grab while somehow keeping his feet inbounds. Marvin was great tonight, and how about that taunting penalty. That was funny to see, but I love when Marvin and Peyton are able to release and celebrate a little bit. Marvin, after a catch like that, you can spike the ball as damn hard as you want. Put a little dance on it too if you want, in fact, after making a catch like that do whatever the hell you please.

Peyton was superb last night. We've been spoiled by his lack of interceptions all year that when he did throw one today it was strange too see. Its like every time he makes a pass you try to judge how far downfield its going and you just automatically assume that there will be a reception at that point. That is just how spoiled we are to be able to have a quarterback like Peyton. UB talked last week about how some of us don't fully appreciate the greatness of Manning, but I sure do. God are we lucky.

Let the media circus begin.
    I find myself doing that all the time. I start to guess the length of the play before he lets go of the ball, actually. We're spoiled.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    I find myself doing that all the time. I start to guess the length of the play before he lets go of the ball, actually. We're spoiled.

Haha same here.

Yeah, the rook LB made a fan here out of me last night.

The "bend but don't break" defensive philosophy is always based on generating a lots of TO's - give up short chunks of yards but be so aggressive to the ball that offenses just can't complete a 10-12 play drive without a turnover.

This is the first game where that actually worked.

Manning, Harrison and Wayne are amazing.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I have one question about the game.

What were the Colt's D doing after the turnovers when they were sort of wiping their finger tips. Does that mean anything?

Quote Originally Posted by ahhteeth View Post
    I have one question about the game.

What were the Colt's D doing after the turnovers when they were sort of wiping their finger tips. Does that mean anything?
    I actually couldn't figure that one out either.

It's the same sign as in basketball, it signals a tip.

Defenses run a drill called the tip drill, where the receiver flubs the catch and tips the ball in the air. The whole Colts D philosophy revolves around capitalizing on those types of errors for turnovers, because they stay soft and then swarm the ball when it's in the air, so if it is tipped they're in prime position to come up with an INT.

That's what they were doing all night, and that's why you have to have better recievers.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    It's the same sign as in basketball, it signals a tip.

Defenses run a drill called the tip drill, where the receiver flubs the catch and tips the ball in the air. The whole Colts D philosophy revolves around capitalizing on those types of errors for turnovers, because they stay soft and then swarm the ball when it's in the air, so if it is tipped they're in prime position to come up with an INT.

That's what they were doing all night, and that's why you have to have better recievers.
    Actually they interviewed Cato June about that after the game and he said it's a secret sign they have going on that only the Defense knows about and he didn't want to give it away. They asked Bob Sanders too and he just said it had something to do with being "money" in the D.

Or maybe it just means they tip a lot of passes.

That's always the sign that I've seen for tips.....

Oh well.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, Sanders said something about it meaning "big money" for big plays, so they do it after big plays.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake