Thread: NBA Season Preview

Default NBA Season Preview

Hey all.

I just wanted to let you know that I've put together an team-by-team NBA Preview over on my new website. If you've enjoyed any of my posts on here then I think you will enjoy the team capsules I've put together. Especially if you happen to be a fan of the HBO show The Wire.

Unfortunately, the East isn't up yet, so no Pacers thus far. Should be there monday.

Either way, I'd love to hear any feedback anyone has as this is a new thing I'll be doing now. And I know there are still a few bugs, so anything you see would be appreciated.

Check it out if you have some time on your hands.

www.bothteamsplayedhard.net
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: NBA Season Preview

Nice Jay; I'm checking them out right now.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

I do not understand how team play, screens, picks, motion, backdoor cuts, and little or no isolation plays can be boring ( Jazz preview). I think it is way more exciting to see layup afte nice combination and pass inside than 2-3 dribbles one on one and jumpshot, or driving and shooting over 2-3 defenders? Or run like crazy and shoot 3 after first pass or no pass at all is more exciting for you? Team launching over 30 threes is exciting? Of course people can have different tastes but how can anybody enjoy Pheonix I don't know, they are boring because they shoot it on first occasion, they don't defend, and the only thing thye hope to outscore and outrun the oponent. Well, so far it is not working and I hope after this season fiasco D'Antoni will either resign or will be fired because his baskteball is without any future.

Quote Originally Posted by Calgary Jazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do not understand how team play, screens, picks, motion, backdoor cuts, and little or no isolation plays can be boring ( Jazz preview). I think it is way more exciting to see layup afte nice combination and pass inside than 2-3 dribbles one on one and jumpshot, or driving and shooting over 2-3 defenders? Or run like crazy and shoot 3 after first pass or no pass at all is more exciting for you? Team launching over 30 threes is exciting? Of course people can have different tastes but how can anybody enjoy Pheonix I don't know, they are boring because they shoot it on first occasion, they don't defend, and the only thing thye hope to outscore and outrun the oponent. Well, so far it is not working and I hope after this season fiasco D'Antoni will either resign or will be fired because his baskteball is without any future.
    I hear you.

I don't consider it boring, but I believe it is to the Sportscenter generation who would rather watch Jason Richardson's two good moments during any given game than the subtle greatness of a Matt Harpring swing pass.

Not sure if it came across, but I think they will be playing great basketball in Utah, and I think if the frontline and Deron stay healthy, the Jazz will be the best team out west not named the Spurs, Mavs or, regrettably, the Suns (like you, I enjoy defense.) I plan to be watching a lot of this "boring" screen and roll action and precise offensive execution all year on League Pass. Much more exciting to me anyway than watching all the wannabe superstars only try to dunk or launch threes.

This was probably one where actually knowing the context of the quote from the show would have helped.

Thanks for checking it out though. The East will go up today or tomorrow.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Neither of you seriously enjoy watching Phoenix's free-flowing, insync, Nash-led offense? That's mad. Jazz are doing well so far but just because the Suns lost a couple means they're going to fail the entire season? Hatin on the best pg in the league and the coach who allowed those guys to do their thing, whether he did anything or not, is messed up. When Snash creates amazing situations for his teammates, I think of how good a team player a guy can be rather than how slow some people think they should be. The fast paced style of the Suns, which teams aren't just adopting to get ratings, is exciting and fresh for most basketball watchers. Btw, the Jazz aren't that good aka no bench, starters will incur significant injuries, and not athletic enough. Not hatin on the Jazz though; they're just a few or at least a couple of years away. And dude, don't just discuss how much you love your team or how much you hate/misunderstand another. When you're in the minority, your case must be better. Jay, like the stuff though not necessarily agree w/ all the rankings and stuff but that's nature. Hope you get a ton of hits.

What I just typed is probably really incongruent; my roommate is watching ESPN classic and comercials so I'm random and being told to vote for Brad Miller (NC).
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Thanks Aesop.

And just to clarify, I do enjoy watching the Suns quite a bit with their great uptempo ball and the amazing effieciency and greatness of their penetrate and kick offense....I've just grown a little sick of the media hype and all the talk of how Steve Nash has singlehandedly revolutionized the game of basketball. I love Nash too, but it's just unfortunate that the ESPN's of the world can seemingly grind anything into the ground. I might have to start watching Suns games on mute to really appreciate the play and avoid hearing the announcers drool on themselves.

East is going up tomorrow. Had a bunch of bugs to fix today and wasted able to really put up any new content. These whole internets are tricky. And me being stupid doens't help.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs