Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39

Thread: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

  1. #1

    Default This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Left the game early which is something I rarely do. Not trying to make a statement, I just got bored.


    The Pacers did nothing to address what they needed in the off-season. Actually, they may have made themselves worse without trying to do so.

    1) Al Harrington was just a bad move. It doesn't even matter how well he plays. He's redundant, especially considering Danny Granger. He could stunt the growth of Granger, as they will be successful in similar situations. Granger is actually a better shooter.

    Harrington brings nothing to the table defense wise, and he's not a good FT shooter. As a PF, he's a **** poor rebounder, and BOY did that show tonight.

    2) Not addressing the desperate need for outside shooting. I don't get what Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh were thinking about in the off-season. It's tough for them as Tinsley and Jackson all but impossible to move, but as much as I like his potential, getting Marquis Daniels did not help the Pacers. He is too similar to Jackson.

    Don't get me wrong. I like the Daniels for Croshere trade on the surface. It's a talent upgrade. I just hope it's part of something more.

    3) Tinsley is pathetic. He's lethargic. He doesn't play with any sense of urgency. He just looks like he doesn't care. This franchise has publicly stated many times they will be as good as Tinsley is, and that is definitely the case. What does that say for Indiana's chances?

    It's better to have players on the court who can't do something but bust their *** trying. I'd rather Jasikevicius on the court working to guard someone and not quite get it done, then to watch Tinsley run to the top of the key and STILL get beat to the lane.

    Jasikevicius brings energy to the floor, and he's the best outside shooter the Pacers have. He's also a good passer. Tinsley is a good passer too, but since he never plays hard he doens't create shots for others. He can't shoot either so there is no need to close out tight on him.

    The problem with sticking with Tinsley is he isn't made to earn anything. It's not about health. He was like this in his second season. This is about his terrible lack of heart.

    4) Sure the pieces fit, but not well enough. A great deal of lip service has been made about how interchangeable the Pacers are. Toward what end? They've moved JO up the lane, emptying out the baseline for scoring drives, but none of the other starters shoot well enough to stretch the defense.

    Luckily JO seems have to developed a more consistent shot from 15'.

    Being interchangeable is nice, but part of that includes being able to change how one attacks. They have no one who comes off screens who can hit shots. Jackson does a nice job on the early down screen in their Flex, which they run on just about every secondary transition opportunity, but that's a 15' shot. Anything deeper and it's one set shot after another.

    What they lost offensively when they Reggie Miller retired was a shooter coming off screens. You need a guy like that. Peja was one too.


    I'd start:
    Granger
    O'Neal
    Foster
    Jackson
    Jasikevicius

    Tinsley would never get off the bench unless he proved he could bring energy.

    Harrington is perfect off the bench because he can score in the low post vs. a second strong PF. He in that scenario he could play alongside O'Neal or Foster. But when they have Granger, Harrington and Jackson vs. someone else's first string, their overall lack of shooting kills the Pacers, especially with a PG who doesn't create shots for teammates and is a worse shooter to boot.

    With all those athletic players, you'd HOPE the Pacers would be extending pickup points and using the alleged versatility they have on defense, utilizing switches, lengthening passing lanes, and forcing quick and contested shots. That's not happening either.

  2. #2

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    good analysis...

    Hey coach, post more often!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  3. #3

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Have to agree on the outside shooting. We needed it and didn't get it. I like Harrington's locker room attitude, but not his game. He is a step below Granger in my opinion. In game 1 he didn't even go after rebounds...just compare how aggressive Granger is for rebounds vs. Harrington. NO COMPARISON....Granger has him beat bad.

    Tinsley, loved him in year 1 and part of year 2...now he's just annoying. Doesn't even make the great passes anymore.

    Saras, like his energy, but he has to hit the WIDE OPEN shot for crying out loud. But, frankly, he's a play maker more than a shooter so stop putting in a spot he doesn't excel at COACH!

    Our starting 5 is boring and a bad combination. Daniels is better than I thought. Jackson could never play again and we wouldn't miss ANYTHING!

    Granger, O'Neal, Saras, Daniels and Maybe Harrington since we have him should start. NO WAY on Jackson....just doesn't offer enough. He was a great bench player for San Antonio and that is about what he could give us.

    Sad to say, but Armstrong is our best point guard.

    Water


    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Left the game early which is something I rarely do. Not trying to make a statement, I just got bored.


    The Pacers did nothing to address what they needed in the off-season. Actually, they may have made themselves worse without trying to do so.

    1) Al Harrington was just a bad move. It doesn't even matter how well he plays. He's redundant, especially considering Danny Granger. He could stunt the growth of Granger, as they will be successful in similar situations. Granger is actually a better shooter.

    Harrington brings nothing to the table defense wise, and he's not a good FT shooter. As a PF, he's a **** poor rebounder, and BOY did that show tonight.

    2) Not addressing the desperate need for outside shooting. I don't get what Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh were thinking about in the off-season. It's tough for them as Tinsley and Jackson all but impossible to move, but as much as I like his potential, getting Marquis Daniels did not help the Pacers. He is too similar to Jackson.

    Don't get me wrong. I like the Daniels for Croshere trade on the surface. It's a talent upgrade. I just hope it's part of something more.

    3) Tinsley is pathetic. He's lethargic. He doesn't play with any sense of urgency. He just looks like he doesn't care. This franchise has publicly stated many times they will be as good as Tinsley is, and that is definitely the case. What does that say for Indiana's chances?

    It's better to have players on the court who can't do something but bust their *** trying. I'd rather Jasikevicius on the court working to guard someone and not quite get it done, then to watch Tinsley run to the top of the key and STILL get beat to the lane.

    Jasikevicius brings energy to the floor, and he's the best outside shooter the Pacers have. He's also a good passer. Tinsley is a good passer too, but since he never plays hard he doens't create shots for others. He can't shoot either so there is no need to close out tight on him.

    The problem with sticking with Tinsley is he isn't made to earn anything. It's not about health. He was like this in his second season. This is about his terrible lack of heart.

    4) Sure the pieces fit, but not well enough. A great deal of lip service has been made about how interchangeable the Pacers are. Toward what end? They've moved JO up the lane, emptying out the baseline for scoring drives, but none of the other starters shoot well enough to stretch the defense.

    Luckily JO seems have to developed a more consistent shot from 15'.

    Being interchangeable is nice, but part of that includes being able to change how one attacks. They have no one who comes off screens who can hit shots. Jackson does a nice job on the early down screen in their Flex, which they run on just about every secondary transition opportunity, but that's a 15' shot. Anything deeper and it's one set shot after another.

    What they lost offensively when they Reggie Miller retired was a shooter coming off screens. You need a guy like that. Peja was one too.


    I'd start:
    Granger
    O'Neal
    Foster
    Jackson
    Jasikevicius

    Tinsley would never get off the bench unless he proved he could bring energy.

    Harrington is perfect off the bench because he can score in the low post vs. a second strong PF. He in that scenario he could play alongside O'Neal or Foster. But when they have Granger, Harrington and Jackson vs. someone else's first string, their overall lack of shooting kills the Pacers, especially with a PG who doesn't create shots for teammates and is a worse shooter to boot.

    With all those athletic players, you'd HOPE the Pacers would be extending pickup points and using the alleged versatility they have on defense, utilizing switches, lengthening passing lanes, and forcing quick and contested shots. That's not happening either.

  4. #4

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    did u even watch sarunas play tonight? haven't checked the box score out yet but i'd guess he was something like 2-9 from the floor. and the shots he took were rarely in the flow of the offense.

  5. #5

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    well, looks like he was 1-8 and 1-6 from 3. tinsley? 5-11.

  6. #6

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Yea, Saras and AI were two worst shooters tonight. 2 from 17.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler."

    - Albert Einstein

  7. #7

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    They cut turnovers down to 12. Did this happen because of better ball control, or just by slowing the pace?


    Hey, the North Putnam Cougars beat Cascade tonight in the AA football sectional in a dramatic 4th quarter drive.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  8. #8
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Yeah Runi didn't shoot well at all tonight! He started off well with a quick five pts., then he missed one off the back of the rim, and another rattled out.. and he kinda started forcing it. I do like the idea of starting him over Tinsley though, not that's he better, but he brings more fire to start the game, and I prefer redbull to come off the bench with his endless energy!

  9. #9
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,218

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Well, I didn't think Tinsley played all that bad tonight, and I'm pretty much a Tinsley basher.

    He didn't play great either.

    Jamaal just is not an outside threat, so they lay off of him. He also has few outside threats to pass it to.

    He also doesn't bring the intangibles of heart like Runi and Armstrong nor the leader/captain type role you'd like from a point guard.

    He can be darn good as an offensive driver/scorer but that doesn't help our offense get going. And when he's only mediocre at it, like tonight, he just doens't bring a lot to the table.

    I am of the mindset that we live or die with Runi. That's probably a call for getting blazed from the board, but we need a player who can shoot as well as create. Quis hasn't taken an outside shot yet. Jax is mediocre at both. Tinsley can't shoot, and Armstrong is not as good of a playmaker but can shoot pretty well (but isn't an option for a lot of minutes anyway.)

    I can see why Rick resorted to AJ last year: he can shoot, he's a B- playmaker/creator. It drove us all crazy but it's all we had.

    Wish we could trade for someone.

    But, back to my point, Runi is the only guy who can POTENTIALLY make the shot AND create for the rest of the offense. He did this in the first game and we won. He kinda sucked tonight.

    Can he put it all together on a consistent basis? Hard to say, but I would sure like to give it the full college try. I think it's all we've got at the moment (and I think this whole issue is why there are so many folks rooting for Runi despite his issues: they sense the crying need the Pacers have for a shooter/playmaker.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  10. #10
    Banned Jermaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Your baby moms house
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,717

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Quote Originally Posted by waterjater View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have to agree on the outside shooting. We needed it and didn't get it. I like Harrington's locker room attitude, but not his game. He is a step below Granger in my opinion. In game 1 he didn't even go after rebounds...just compare how aggressive Granger is for rebounds vs. Harrington. NO COMPARISON....Granger has him beat bad.

    Tinsley, loved him in year 1 and part of year 2...now he's just annoying. Doesn't even make the great passes anymore.

    Saras, like his energy, but he has to hit the WIDE OPEN shot for crying out loud. But, frankly, he's a play maker more than a shooter so stop putting in a spot he doesn't excel at COACH!

    Our starting 5 is boring and a bad combination. Daniels is better than I thought. Jackson could never play again and we wouldn't miss ANYTHING!

    Granger, O'Neal, Saras, Daniels and Maybe Harrington since we have him should start. NO WAY on Jackson....just doesn't offer enough. He was a great bench player for San Antonio and that is about what he could give us.

    Sad to say, but Armstrong is our best point guard.

    Water
    See people like this are great, they have hate in their heart. He doesnt want to start Stephen Jackson because he JUST doesnt offer enough, fine. But then he wants to start Sarunas Jasikavicus. Ohh you guys are great. Everytime I feel down I come on PD and laugh at how funny your posts are.

  11. #11
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,985

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Did anyone else hear Kevin Lee say that a few players did not want Saras to do well last season, he mentioned AJ and Fred Jones as those players. Kevin usually doesn't say too much, but on occasion usually a few months after the fact, he divulges some inside info

  12. #12

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well, looks like he was 1-8 and 1-6 from 3. tinsley? 5-11.
    Put him at the point and let him come off ball screens. Figure out ways for him to get to the FT line off the dribble and see what he is able to create.

    Were you paying attention to who was in there during the stretches when the Pacers were playing well vs. poorly? Notice a trend?

    Sometimes shooters don't just produce opportunities when they're hitting shots. Their ability to hit shots stretches out the defense.

    Keep defending Tinsley. The Pacers will keep underachieving while he plays.

  13. #13
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,218

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone else hear Kevin Lee say that a few players did not want Saras to do well last season, he mention AJ and Fred Jones as those players. Kevin usually doesn't say too much, but on occasion usually a few months after the fact, he divulges some inside info
    Not surprised about AJ. More surprised regarding Fred.

    Actually, I would have put Tins ahead of both of them. I'd be glad to learn he wasn't part of that cabal crap.

    I know Jax was part of it. All you had to do was watch him refuse to pass the ball to Runi.

    You wonder if Bird made moves in the offseason to specifically remedy the problem.

    I don't know if Runi has what it takes or not. I think it's possible. I like to see him get a full opportunity so we can find out for sure. I think Larry feels the same way, thus his comment at the end of last season: "Rick and I disagree about Sarunas."
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  14. #14

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone else hear Kevin Lee say that a few players did not want Saras to do well last season, he mention AJ and Fred Jones as those players. Kevin usually doesn't say too much, but on occasion usually a few months after the fact, he divulges some inside info

    I didn't hear that, but one thing I did hear in the off-season was when Bird said they made moves which addressed some of the Pacers' problems. That surprised me, and I wouldn't doubt it one bit. But it only goes to show how dysfunctional the Pacers have been lately.

    I"m just a big believer that your PG has to be a leader. I know I coach my teams to be that way. He may not be your best player, but he has to be a leader.

    Tinsley was pulled tonight in the 4th quarter, and they showed a quick take to the bench. He was complaining, as was the assistant he was talking to. It turned into a one way conversation just in the time the camera was on them. It had to be defensive in nature, as the assistant just kept pointing on the floor.

    They flash back to the game and Darrell Armstrong forced Paul to enter the ball in the offense earlier than he wanted. It created a turnover, as Jackson did a great job pushing Peja farther out than he wanted to catch the ball.


    That same assistant was on the post game show, and he and Carlisle both mentioned the possibility of lineup changes. At some point, I'd like to see Tinsley EARN something. He's been given way too much, and too many times he's excused for his apathetic play.

    He has talent. Lord knows when he is on, he can create a lot. It's just not enough. It has to be consistent.

  15. #15
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,968

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am of the mindset that we live or die with Runi. That's probably a call for getting blazed from the board


    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone else hear Kevin Lee say that a few players did not want Saras to do well last season, he mention AJ and Fred Jones as those players. Kevin usually doesn't say too much, but on occasion usually a few months after the fact, he divulges some inside info
    They just had my back:

    [red-eye to left coast, late November, 2005]

    Freddie: Hey AJ, you up?

    AJ: Yeah man, wassup?

    Freddie: Dude, we gotta do something about Cabbage man. He's making Keg look bad. You hear what Hicks said at the forum party?

    AJ: Oh god, I don't want to know, do I?

    Freddie: **** man, he was comparing him to Reggie. Uncle Reg, man! I mean, what the ****?!

    AJ: That's ****ed up. Okay, listen up [checks to make sure no one's listening], we're putting an end to this right now. Can't let my girl's little bro get shown up like that. Here's what we're gonna do. Know how Rick won't let Cabbage play without one of us watching his *** on D?

    Freddie: No doubt. It's the only play I'm getting.

    AJ: Well here's the thing. That man-and-one zone we're running, where only Cabbage doesn't have a man to defend, it don't make no sense to all those Indiana fans. They've never heard of such a thing. So, from now on, whenever Cabbage's man loses him, we won't switch. ****, I bet even on video it'll look like Cabbage's fault. Only his Euro fans will know better.

    Freddie: But Rick'll know. ****, I can't get in his doghouse, I'm contract this year, man.

    AJ: Don't worry about Rick. I got some pictures from Michael Curry that'll keep him in line. With those puppies, I'll be starting in no time. And Cabbage will be playing the 2, right where he belongs.

    Freddie:

    Scot Pollard: **** guys, I'm trying to sleep.

    AJ: (whisper) Don't worry about Scot. Even when he's healthy, I'll make sure Rick doesn't play him worth a ****.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  16. #16
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,481

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Pretty funny Keg.

  17. #17
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am of the mindset that we live or die with Runi.












    Sorry I couldn't resist.

  18. #18
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Wow...really, we're going to judge the Pacer after 2 games. I'm going to be worried about Al after 20 games when Rick will have had some time to make adjustments. Get back to me then.

  19. #19
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    I stopped reading at Tins not getting off the bench and Runi starting. Tins played well tonight. 5/11 shooting pretty good D on Paul. I am not sure what game you were watching when it came to our PG situation.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  20. #20

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow...really, we're going to judge the Pacer after 2 games. I'm going to be worried about Al after 20 games when Rick will have had some time to make adjustments. Get back to me then.
    Well said...

    But it will likely be like this for alot of the season ahead. The P's have a ways to go before they all really get dialed in to a comfortable rhythm, and get their rotations sorted out. This is going to be a work in progress, moreso than with most other teams, and RC already warned that patience will be required.

    It will probably be a "roller-coaster" ride for everyone until things start gelling. There will be those who sing their praises after a win, those who are quick to criticise after a loss, and there will probably eventually be even more who complain about a lack of consistancy.

    I think we as fans need to show the patience that RC requested because it's probably going to be like this for a while. Mediocrity should be expected for right now, and if we can make it to all-star break somewhere close to .500, we will probably be in good shape to make a stong stretch run.

    Patience folks...

  21. #21

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am of the mindset that we live or die with Runi.
    Optimist: "I hope this is true!"
    Pesimist: "Well, I'm affraid this is true..."
    Doesn't matter on which side you are, it seems like Tins OR Saras must have A+ game for the team to win. Tins rarely have A+ game (as I remember) and this means, that Saras must play at least B game. And vice versa. I'm talking about offensive game (we can't expect miracles on the defensive end in both cases) and i'm not including Greene and Armstrong as they probably are not as good playmakers.
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

  22. #22

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tinsley is a good passer too, but since he never plays hard he doens't create shots for others.
    I didn't saw the game, but the evidence show otherwise
    http://www.nba.com/pacers/photogalle...tml?curPhoto=7
    Actually I tend to agree with many points of yours, but i don't think this statement is true.
    I'm really sorry because of my english (which is my 3-4 language) and I really appreciate Your patience. I hope this board will make me better

  23. #23
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,706

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tinsley was pulled tonight in the 4th quarter, and they showed a quick take to the bench. He was complaining, as was the assistant he was talking to. It turned into a one way conversation just in the time the camera was on them. It had to be defensive in nature, as the assistant just kept pointing on the floor.
    You must have left real early to miss that the discussion was about a questionable call on Tins, his 5th, which was the reason he was taken out, and when re-inserted 3 minutes later he promptly got his 6th from the same ref on an even more questionabla call, so he left the game with 6 fouls.

    So you don't like a player, fine, say so and move on, don't try and build a case against him where there is none.
    Starting Sara? we might as well stay in th lockerroom, he didn't exactly "outplay" Tinsley or Armstrong, in fact if Tins went out, Darrel went in, that should be a thought worthy of spending some time to ponder over, 1 game in and Sara already lost a PG rotation spot in exchange for some SG duty, which was a good choice after the opener, but 1-8 ?
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  24. #24

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You must have left real early to miss that the discussion was about a questionable call on Tins, his 5th, which was the reason he was taken out, and when re-inserted 3 minutes later he promptly got his 6th from the same ref on an even more questionabla call, so he left the game with 6 fouls.

    So you don't like a player, fine, say so and move on, don't try and build a case against him where there is none.
    Starting Sara? we might as well stay in th lockerroom, he didn't exactly "outplay" Tinsley or Armstrong, in fact if Tins went out, Darrel went in, that should be a thought worthy of spending some time to ponder over, 1 game in and Sara already lost a PG rotation spot in exchange for some SG duty, which was a good choice after the opener, but 1-8 ?
    Anyone else think Runi might be tanking it, inadvertently or otherwise, when he's forced to play shooting guard? When he's the off-guard, he misses a lot of shots, most of which are clear looks. That just shouldn't happen to a shooter as good as him, I don't care if you're playing Shooting Guard or Center...

  25. #25

    Default Re: This is what is frustrating about the Pacers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See people like this are great, they have hate in their heart. He doesnt want to start Stephen Jackson because he JUST doesnt offer enough, fine. But then he wants to start Sarunas Jasikavicus. Ohh you guys are great. Everytime I feel down I come on PD and laugh at how funny your posts are.
    Hate in my heart? You don't have a clue about me!

    As for Jackson, the guy hasn't earned the starting spot and has frankly earned his way off this team with his behavior.

    As for Saras, he's a winner and a playmaker....hell, he kicked the American's collective *** at the worlds and should be given a shot to lead this team. There are many better point guards out there, but our leadership didn't go get one so we are stuck with what we have. Armstrong has without a doubt played the best of our point guards so if anyone has earned the spot, it is him.

    Our starting five can't hit a shot outside of 10 ft and Tinsley (used to be one of my favorite players) isn't getting it done. Not a bad game, but not great either and we've had slow starts to each game.

    Hate? No. Disappointment, hell yes! It is time for these players to step up and give it all regardless of who is playing!

    Water

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •