Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistons got hosed tonight at the end.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pistons got hosed tonight at the end.

I want the Pacers to win but not by the other guy getting jobbed. We are not Knicks fans are we ?

We got jobbed in Sacramento. You think any Pistons fan is going to feel bad about that when it comes down to the wire? Hell no. It sucks what happened to the Pistons, but the fact that they didn't gain a game on us trumps any empathy I feel for them.
    I dont care what fans of other teams think. Two wrongs do not make a right

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I want the Pacers to win but not by the other guy getting jobbed. We are not Knicks fans are we ?

We got jobbed in Sacramento. You think any Pistons fan is going to feel bad about that when it comes down to the wire? Hell no. It sucks what happened to the Pistons, but the fact that they didn't gain a game on us trumps any empathy I feel for them.
    I think I made it clear at the time of the ejection that while ROn certainly deserved ONE technical, he in NO waydeserved to be ejected. That said, you guys had 2+ quarters to make up for it. When Chauncey's basket was taken away, the game was over. No hope for overcoming the call, no chance to undo the wrong, the game was over, and we had no way to change things. I hate to play the homer card, but this was WORSE than the Artest ejection.

I have never seen this before, EVERY other time I could always say that we had a chance to do something about a bad call, but THIS sets a whole new prescident:

-the clock was at .8

-the ball was ALREADY in the basket.

-Pistons had the lead

Now it was arguable whether or not Billups was fouled, but taken into account it was the FIRST OFFENSIVE FOUL CALLED ALL GAME, I think the right thing would be to LET THE PLAYER DECIDE THE GAME. Chauncey made an INCREDIBLE shot to win a ballgame, and he was flat out robbed.

ah well, such is life.....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo

Well Kstat if there ever was a moral victory that was it.

PistonsDynasty

I had to tape the game because I had to work.

I came home at 1:30am. Watched the game and at the end of the game when Billups made that shot I was jumping up and down because he just hit the game winner PLUS an AND 1, so I turn the tv off and go to the Pistons board to talk about the great game we had.

I read a few post on the board and guys were saying we lost. So I play the last few seconds of the game and.........

WHAT

DA

They called an offensive foul??!!?? They weren't calling anything all game. I felt like killing something. A dog, cat, anything!!!

I know you Pacer fans are happy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I came home at 1:30am. Watched the game and at the end of the game when Billups made that shot I was jumping up and down because he just hit the game winner PLUS an AND 1, so I turn the tv off and go to the Pistons board to talk about the great game we had.

I read a few post on the board and guys were saying we lost. So I play the last few seconds of the game and.........

WHAT

DA

They called an offensive foul??!!?? They weren't calling anything all game. I felt like killing something. A dog, cat, anything!!!

Yes, I'm sure they are THRILLED right now ed:

You don't do much scoreboard-watching, do you?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

WHAT

DA

Yes, I'm sure they are THRILLED right now ed:

You don't do much scoreboard-watching, do you?
    We're glad the Pistons lost. We're not glad tht they got flat-out cheated out of the game, though.

Remember, we Pacers fans have had our fair share (and then some) of horrid calls. We don't wish that on anyone (except the Lakers and Knicks ).

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sorry Kstat and Pistons Dynasty...you guys took one for the team tonight...

Ouch!!!
    Actually, I think this is one of those instances where I'm going to look at the ESPN power rankings on Monday, and feel good about it. I actually think The Twoles might be dropped BELOW us...
    I wouldn't be so sure of that.

The Wolves will probably move up to #1 by default. The Pistons, Pacers, and Kings have all lost 2 straight now, and you can't really rationalize the Pistons ranking above the Pacers. You also probably can't rationalize the Pacers above Minnesota right now, so it makes things sticky this week. The top 4-6 spots will be really inteesting to see.