Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistons got hosed tonight at the end.

Default Pistons got hosed tonight at the end.

If you saw the replay, I really don't see how you can argue. Horrendous call. Refs must have shared the same gaterade with the ones we have tonight.

Sorry to all Pistons fans. That has to really suck.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pistons got hosed tonight at the end.

If you saw the replay, I really don't see how you can argue. Horrendous call. Refs must have shared the same gaterade with the ones we have tonight.

Sorry to all Pistons fans. That has to really suck.
    In my entire life, i have never been so ashamed.

I defy ANYONE here to give me a WORSE regular-season call in NBA HISTORY......

I'm proud of my boys, we BEAT Minnesota, in their building. Everyone that saw the game knows the Pistons won. The final score is fraudulant.

We went 2-1 over a 3-game stretch vs Indy, SA and Minnesota. I couldn't be prouder of my team right now.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pretty shoddy.

And.... on a night that several of the top teams lose (Pistons, Kings), what do the Pacers do? Lose to a pretty inspired Houston team on our home court.

When Houston's guards are making some shots, Houston is going to be a tough team.

1-2

but really 2-1
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Pretty shoddy.

And.... on a night that several of the top teams lose (Pistons, Kings), what do the Pacers do? Lose to a pretty inspired Houston team on our home court.

When Houston's guards are making some shots, Houston is going to be a tough team.
    I would say its more like... when Houston starts using Yao as the focus of their offense and get their guards easy looks they are going to be a tougher team. Cause they are tough right now.

Yeah, my condolances to all the Pistons fans out there. That is ****** officiating that's for sure.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sorry Kstat and Pistons Dynasty...you guys took one for the team tonight...

Ouch!!!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Ouch!!!
    Actually, I think this is one of those instances where I'm going to look at the ESPN power rankings on Monday, and feel good about it. I actually think The Twoles might be dropped BELOW us...

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

I defy ANYONE here to give me a WORSE regular-season call in NBA HISTORY......
    Well (should I bring this up?) I do recall a Patrick Ewing tip-in of a 3-pt shot in NY a few years back ...

I recall a few others but not last second like that one.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, the refs definetely bailed the Wolves out at the end their. That was a nice job by Billups penetrating and making the shot at the end, if there was a foul it should of been on the T'Wolves

I'm probably gonna get trashed for this, but I still remember Kstat what you told me (posted on the forum anyway) about refs and bad calls. You said something along the lines of "I've yet to see a team play a perfect game where the refs litterally cost them the game." In other words, there's always something a team could have done to overcome it. Playing Devil's advocate here.

Plus, I think you said that when I was mad at the refs vs the Pacers.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Ouch!!!
    Actually, I think this is one of those instances where I'm going to look at the ESPN power rankings on Monday, and feel good about it. I actually think The Twoles might be dropped BELOW us...
    I think you have a point because on this night...All the leading teams in the NBA all lost. The only difference was...the Pistons got jobed, Hard Core while the rest of the teams just lost!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

I'm probably gonna get trashed for this, but I still remember Kstat what you told me (posted on the forum anyway) about refs and bad calls. You said something along the lines of "I've yet to see a team play a perfect game where the refs litterally cost them the game." In other words, there's always something a team could have done to overcome it. Playing Devil's advocate here.

Plus, I think you said that when I was mad at the refs vs the Pacers.
    Heh, I'm just letting out some steam. I just cant fathom a professional referee making that call, I just cant. Ive never seen that happen, a guy making a call that TAKES AWAY a game-winning shot. I've seen really bad no-calls, or bad defensive fouls that turned inro free throws, but NEVER have I seen a call where the player MAKES the game-winning shot, gets TACKLED by an opposing player, and the ref actually calls an OFFENSIVE foul.

Though you are indeed right, Hicks. We lost. We outplayed the TWolves, but we did not win. I cna alway point back to our PATHETIC first-qtr effort, where we only scored 13.

I REALLY feel bad for Mehmet Okur. He is the most talented big man in the east not named Jermaine O'neal. I just wish he'd bring his A game more.....

Well, speaking of bad calls, it wouldn't have hurt the Pacers to have Reggie's 3 count as a 3...
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo

There is no way you can look at the call in the Pistons game and think it was anything other than total robery. I had switched over to the Pistons game for the last two minutes and when I saw that I threw my remote and stormed out of the room for a minute to cool down.

I am sorry Kstat you got totaly ripped last night there is no two ways about it. The reffs did cost that game. That shot should have counted plus he should have gone to the line for one more.

This one will go down in history with the Ewing tip in of the Johnson 3 either it was a goal tend or it was a 2 it could not possibly have been a 3.

Pretty shoddy.

I would say its more like... when Houston starts using Yao as the focus of their offense and get their guards easy looks they are going to be a tougher team. Cause they are tough right now.

Houston isn't that tough. Ron going 3-18 was the difference. He shouldn't have been playing. Plus, after winning 11 of 12 with wins against SA, NJ and Detroit, you're bound for a letdown. Being that high for that long is emotionally draining.

There is no way you can look at the call in the Pistons game and think it was anything other than total robery. I had switched over to the Pistons game for the last two minutes and when I saw that I threw my remote and stormed out of the room for a minute to cool down.

I am sorry Kstat you got totaly ripped last night there is no two ways about it. The reffs did cost that game. That shot should have counted plus he should have gone to the line for one more.

Wow, you guys are soft. I hate to see incompetent officiating cost any team a game, but I'm not sorry it happened in this case. Have we seen anything as bad happen this year? UH, YES. Ron getting sacked in Sacramento. That call (which the NBA admitted was a bad call) pretty much did us in. You just hope it all equals out in the end. Pacers got one taken away from them. Pistons got one taken away from them. We may need this one down the stretch.

Sports Logo

I am not trying to imply that the Artest ejection was not horrible. But we are talking about a game wining play on the road against a top team. Artest was jot ejected with 2 seconds left on the clock and had two points taken away.

Maybe you didnt see the end of the game but it was horrible. I know the Pistons are the "enemy" but they won that game.

I am not trying to imply that the Artest ejection was not horrible. But we are talking about a game wining play on the road against a top team. Artest was jot ejected with 2 seconds left on the clock and had two points taken away.

Maybe you didnt see the end of the game but it was horrible. I know the Pistons are the "enemy" but they won that game.

I'm not disputing the semantics of it, my friend, I'm just saying I'm not sorry it happened because I think we got equally hosed in the Sacramento game.

Jeez, I just saw that.

Sorry, Kstat, you guys got flat-out cheated on that one.

Who says the refs don't determine game outcomes again?

Jeez, I just saw that.

Are you going to be sorry if the Pistons win the division by one game?

We need to get Kstat off this board. The guy actually make me feel sorry for the Pistons when they lose and I'm not suppose to feel that way.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

We need to get Kstat off this board. The guy actually make me feel sorry for the Pistons when they lose and I'm not suppose to feel that way.

Sports Logo

Jeez, I just saw that.

Are you going to be sorry if the Pistons win the division by one game?
    I want the Pacers to win but not by the other guy getting jobbed. We are not Knicks fans are we ?

[size=9:51939ff865] Sorry DisplacedKnick I dont mean you[/size]

I want the Pacers to win but not by the other guy getting jobbed. We are not Knicks fans are we ?

We got jobbed in Sacramento. You think any Pistons fan is going to feel bad about that when it comes down to the wire? Hell no. It sucks what happened to the Pistons, but the fact that they didn't gain a game on us trumps any empathy I feel for them.