Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 201

Thread: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

  1. #101
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,160

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Dwayne Wade = injured

  2. #102
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Wow! That's tough luck, Shade!

    From "" to "" in a day ...



    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  3. #103
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dwayne Wade = injured
    Injured? He may play tonight.

    And even if he doesn't, you're playing me and I'm having a hideous week - in both leagues.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  4. #104
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you're playing me and I'm having a hideous week - in both leagues.
    Not NEARLY hideously enough in the other league if you ask me .

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  5. #105
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not NEARLY hideously enough in the other league if you ask me .

    Regards,

    Mourning
    If there's ever a time to get me, now is it. Okur and Boozer both decided to have their worst scores of the season the same night, on top of carrying K-Mart all season Josh Smith is out a month and last time he missed a couple of games JJ's production went way down - which so far he's matching again.

    No thousand-pt week this time - be lucky to crack 800.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  6. #106
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there's ever a time to get me, now is it. Okur and Boozer both decided to have their worst scores of the season the same night, on top of carrying K-Mart all season Josh Smith is out a month and last time he missed a couple of games JJ's production went way down - which so far he's matching again.

    No thousand-pt week this time - be lucky to crack 800.
    Yeah, I recognize that, but you did check out the team I inherited and which has injury issues aswell?

    My team is getting a little better because of the development of a few young players of mine, but I need a good pick in this years draft, so I am caught on two different thoughts here.

    First, I really want to win as much as possible, I'm a competitive person in games and sports. I will never lose games on purpose forexample.

    And secondly IF I want to win as much as possible in the future I REALLY need to suck this season, so I can get a good pick and succesfully continue my growth curve that is very slowly starting now not too mention improving my attractiveniss to do trade business with. It's crucial to my franchise's succes in the long term.



    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  7. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I recognize that, but you did check out the team I inherited and which has injury issues aswell?
    IIRC, didn't you lobby for a suck team?

    Nice score in the ABA again.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  8. #108
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IIRC, didn't you lobby for a suck team?

    Nice score in the ABA again.
    Yeah, I did. It feels better to build something up from nothing. I was responding to your post that IF ever there was a time to beat your team it was now , which is true, but not with the team I have now .

    I think in the ABA League this is the third time I have broken 1000pts in four weeks.

    Really strange things must happen for me not to move up into a more comfortable third place of the Power Rankings now with Magic Rat or BurnZone getting his first loss of the season, Holden Beach losing against Rasky and then there's you and Shade battling it out. Looks all positive for me this week as long as I just win my matchup which seems likely.

    Btw ... we are up against each other this coming week! Revenge!



    and best wishes for 2007 everyone!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  9. #109
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    I can't seem to get onto the site right now.

  10. #110
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't seem to get onto the site right now.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. I had the same problem this afternoon. I had to try four times before I got in, but I got in.

    You know that saying "Patience is a virtue"? Goodluck

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  11. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Btw ... we are up against each other this coming week! Revenge!


    Congrats on the W - I didn't have much of a shot if my team was healthy but now that Kwame's out (and just when he was starting to put up #'s) and with Webber playing about once every 3 games, I think it's a foregone conclusion.

    But I managed to steal one from Shade anyway.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  12. #112
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congrats on the W - I didn't have much of a shot if my team was healthy but now that Kwame's out (and just when he was starting to put up #'s) and with Webber playing about once every 3 games, I think it's a foregone conclusion.

    But I managed to steal one from Shade anyway.
    Thanks, you could be right, but I rather be a little carefull here. Proclaiming victory before the battle might be a little premature. I see your point though.

    Yeah, sorry Shade, but I was actually sort of pulling for DK to win this game between the two of you. I like to have a little buffer with the team directly behind me in my division, so that if one or two of my more important players go down for limited time I can lose a game without immediately having to fight for position.

    It would be even nicer if my team would just do what I want them to do them this week and deny a win to another team that is not that far behind .

    The best thing, for me, is Rasky, going up against another top-tier team. Who ever wins ... it's good for me

    Next to this weeks game next weeks game is going to be a very tough and interesting game.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  13. #113
    Team Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The best thing, for me, is Rasky, going up against another top-tier team. Who ever wins ... it's good for me
    Good for your team's power rankings, you mean? Who cares about those...

    (Other than being a very neat feature, they don't hold any real value, do they?)

    About the playoffs, who plays who? And how are tied records decided?

    Okay, indytoad, let the battle for 2nd place in the blue division begin!
    Word on the street is he doesn't want your money, he only wants to please your ears...
    Bum in Berlin on Myspace

  14. #114
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Well, I'm not entirely sure of the play-offs format, but normally it's like in the NBA. The teams that get in with the best records face those that get in with the worst records.

    I don't know if it's split in two conferences and the best team of each conference will then meet each other in the finals or that it won't be split into two.

    Powerrankings are not THAT important, but they are not totally unimportant either. They give you a reasonable indicator of where you stand with the record and particularly the breakdown. Points also show if you can expect to get up much or not depending on how much injury problems you have and how long those are projected to last. Anyway, I just like to look at it .

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  15. #115
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,160

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings



    I so should not have lost that one. What a time for my best player to go down.

  16. #116
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,160

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    If you have been wondering why David Lee doesn't seem to get the playing time his play this year seems to have earned you can look to Isiah Thomas for your answers. Shockingly, Thomas considers Lee no more an offensive threat than Jared Jeffries. "I think they're both the same offensive threat, which is not much," Thomas said. This despite Jeffries admiting to feeling lost on offense and the stats confirming as much.
    I hate Zeke. He's no longer anywhere near the Pacers and he's still managing to ruin another season for me.

  17. #117
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate Zeke. He's no longer anywhere near the Pacers and he's still managing to ruin another season for me.
    This is why I have no Knick players on either of my teams.

    How can you predict total psychosis?
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  18. #118
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Rasky, question...........

















    WHY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DID YOU DROP PEJA!?? I'm in the middle of negotiations so I couldn't pick him up!!!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  19. #119
    Team Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    I thought I would have the patience to keep an injured Peja on my roster
    for over two months...but as you can see, it only lasted a week.

    I have my doubts about him actually coming back this season. And if he comes back, the Hornets won't be able to make the play-offs anymore anyhow. Then let Peja's back rest some more while developing some young guys, I would say.

    In the end, with the 25 FPPG he's produced thus far and with all the uncertainty, it wasn't worth the wait. And since LaMarcus was available...I'm hoping he will get some PT by the end of the season, or maybe earlier (trade Magloire, Portland!).

    But most importantly, it's so cool to have the top two of the 2006 draft on my team!


    Btw, there should be no complaining towards me from your side! It was me who composed the bad part of your magnificent squad, remember?

    Plus you already got Earl Watson coming from me. It was BC's turn with Peja...besides, as of late, he seems to need it more than you.
    Word on the street is he doesn't want your money, he only wants to please your ears...
    Bum in Berlin on Myspace

  20. #120
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But most importantly, it's so cool to have the top two of the 2006 draft on my team!
    It's so cool I finally get to say this .....









    Rookies




    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  21. #121
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good for your team's power rankings, you mean? Who cares about those...

    (Other than being a very neat feature, they don't hold any real value, do they?)

    About the playoffs, who plays who? And how are tied records decided?

    Okay, indytoad, let the battle for 2nd place in the blue division begin!
    Well, second place in Blue is like first place in any other division, right? Okay, maybe not...

    As far as points go, you're the closest competiton I have...it could go either way. Got a little bit lucky already - I spaced out yesterday and forgot to set my lineups...good thing the only guy playing was active.

    IndyToad
    Don't worry, be happy

  22. #122
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Just made a trade with the New Castle Trojans that helps him in the short term by filling some holes, while I took a gamble which has a decent chance of paying off for me in the long run, namely the play-offs.

    I traded away Jameer Nelson and Dahntay Jones, both Guards, so he can reeinforce his Guard slot and can get back in the play-offs race, hopefully for him.

    I received Rashard Lewis (Forward) and Kevin Ollie (Guard). Rashard is injured until the end of february/beginning of march. I hope to hang on until that time and maintain the second position in my division. I think my team is deep enough to keep a decent play-off position until Rashard becomes healthy and is cleared to play again. Offcourse, there is the risk of him aggravating his injury or having a setback during his recovery, but I don't think this is the sort of injury that brings as big a risk as for example back injuries.

    Normally Lewis should be up and playing for several weeks before we kick off for the play-offs. I don't expect him to perform up to the level that he did so far this season, but I don't expect him to drop significantly either. Either way it is a gamble I felt I had to make.

    Hope this counters Terre Haute free agent signing of Peja.

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  23. #123
    Team Raskolnikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Quote Originally Posted by indytoad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, second place in Blue is like first place in any other division, right? Okay, maybe not...

    As far as points go, you're the closest competiton I have...it could go either way. Got a little bit lucky already - I spaced out yesterday and forgot to set my lineups...good thing the only guy playing was active.

    IndyToad
    Don't worry, be happy
    And tied we are.....it 'll definitely be a very close one.
    Word on the street is he doesn't want your money, he only wants to please your ears...
    Bum in Berlin on Myspace

  24. #124
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Yeah, close call there. My matchup with Denton is way too close for my liking aswell, especially as he's been missing two players. I should be further ahead. OTOH Kidd is going to play his first two games and both Okur and Butles have two games remaining aswell.

    I should be able to pull away, but last time I counted on that (when I needed about 9 FP ... Nelson gave me a dud of epic proportions

    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  25. #125
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: ABA - Random Rants and Musings

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, close call there. My matchup with Denton is way too close for my liking aswell, especially as he's been missing two players. I should be further ahead. OTOH Kidd is going to play his first two games and both Okur and Butles have two games remaining aswell.

    I should be able to pull away, but last time I counted on that (when I needed about 9 FP ... Nelson gave me a dud of epic proportions

    Regards,

    Mourning
    Yeah - what's up with that? You playing down to my level or what?

    Of course in the other league so far (KOW) I'm having a dream week.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •