Thread: Idea: Pacers/Magic

Default Idea: Pacers/Magic

Pacers Get: Carlos Arroyo
    Magic Get: Sarunas Jasikevicius, David Harrison

Ok I don't know if this would be a good trade for the Pacers or not.

+ Allows us to keep Greene, Masrhall, and Powell
    + Upgrade our point guard position.

- Lose a big man.

I think that Carlos is a good point guard. He didn't play well for the Pistons but he did play well for the Magic and Jazz. Carlos is defiantly an upgrade over any of our other backups and is a player I would be very comfortable starting which is important with Tinsley's injury problems.

But this trade comes down to a few things for us.

- How good do you think David will be?
    - How much do you need David?

IMO, David could end up being a nice player in this league, solid. He didn't show much besides potential the past 2 years. I guess its also more of what his value is to other GMs around the league too.

I don't think we really need David to much. Not with Jermaine, Jeff, Al, Josh, and Maceo. Not only that, I don't really know that David fits in with what this team wants to do. Josh and Maceo are much faster than David. On the other hand, David is a big body who can be physical. The question is, how much do we need that with todays centers?

Now I have lost confidence in Sarunas to be an NBA player. And I defiantly don't want to rely on him to start when Tinsley gets injured. More importantly though I want to keep OG, Marshall, and Powell. About the only way to do that is a 2 for 1 trade.

I think the Magic would do it. They have a glut of point guards down there with Nelson, Arroyo, and Diener. I think Diener is the guy they would rather trade but his low salary might make it hard to get good value.

Leisure Suit Larry

Default Re: Idea: Pacers/Magic

Quote Originally Posted by rommie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers Get: Carlos Arroyo
    Magic Get: Sarunas Jasikevicius, David Harrison

Ok I don't know if this would be a good trade for the Pacers or not.

+ Allows us to keep Greene, Masrhall, and Powell
    + Upgrade our point guard position.

- Lose a big man.

I think that Carlos is a good point guard. He didn't play well for the Pistons but he did play well for the Magic and Jazz. Carlos is defiantly an upgrade over any of our other backups and is a player I would be very comfortable starting which is important with Tinsley's injury problems.

But this trade comes down to a few things for us.

- How good do you think David will be?
    - How much do you need David?

IMO, David could end up being a nice player in this league, solid. He didn't show much besides potential the past 2 years. I guess its also more of what his value is to other GMs around the league too.

I don't think we really need David to much. Not with Jermaine, Jeff, Al, Josh, and Maceo. Not only that, I don't really know that David fits in with what this team wants to do. Josh and Maceo are much faster than David. On the other hand, David is a big body who can be physical. The question is, how much do we need that with todays centers?

Now I have lost confidence in Sarunas to be an NBA player. And I defiantly don't want to rely on him to start when Tinsley gets injured. More importantly though I want to keep OG, Marshall, and Powell. About the only way to do that is a 2 for 1 trade.

I think the Magic would do it. They have a glut of point guards down there with Nelson, Arroyo, and Diener. I think Diener is the guy they would rather trade but his low salary might make it hard to get good value.
    No to Harrison. We need him

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh my god, GOD No. I wouldn't trade Harrison for Arroyo straight up in a million years.

i truly dislike Harrison and think that he will be an average big man at the MOST and Sarunas isnt really my favorite player either so i would do that in a heartbeat

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd call up Otis and offer him 5 years worth of first round picks (under the table, of course) and JO for Dwight Howard..

I'm still holding out hope for Saras. I'll tell ya a guy on the Magic I've liked for years, but he just doesn't get the PT. Mario Kasun. I'd do him for David in a heartbeat.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

I consume tiny briefs Robobtowncolt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm still holding out hope for Saras. I'll tell ya a guy on the Magic I've liked for years, but he just doesn't get the PT. Mario Kasun. I'd do him for David in a heartbeat.
    You'd do anyone if David asked you to.
    Narf!

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Nobody wants Sarjas. Nay on Kasun
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!