Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers Waive Edwards And White

Default Pacers Waive Edwards And White

Pacers Waive Edwards And White
    30th October, 2006 - 3:06 pm

Press Release - The Indiana Pacers have released John Edwards and James White from their training camp roster.

The roster now stands at 15 players.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...rds_and_white/

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Waive Edwards And White

Wow!!! Just WOW!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lmao, Sarunas cost us James White and three second round picks essentially. Oh man I am furious. I am done with Bird and his personnel and decisions. LORD HAVE MERCY.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

wow.

Flight is grounded.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

This could be a lot more realistic than the Sarunas thing. Still it's also a believe it when I see it (not at RealGM only ).

White being cut was kicked around just today even since Bird mentioned "experience" as a factor. I would take Marshall over White right now, but there are a couple of other players left that aren't as good as White.

Mood

To give up on him so quickly is a mistake, IMO.

Well, I'm sort of upset that we're getting rid of Flite, but the fact of the matter is that Larry admitted he made a mistake and thinks that Rawle is the better player. I'm disappointed that Flite is gone, but I trust Larry that Rawle is simply the better option.

Quote Originally Posted by indy0731 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lmao, Sarunas cost us James White and three second round picks essentially. Oh man I am furious. I am done with Bird and his personnel and decisions. LORD HAVE MERCY.
    QFT, Wow, why waste a draft day trade and then cut the guy. Watch in 5 years white will be an All-star and we will have missed out because of Bird and his idiotic pride.

Yes so we traded away Alexander Johnson future second rounders for nothing. On the bright side glad to see Marshall made it.

Still waiting for Pacers.com or Indystar to confirm.

Why Not Us ?

Glad we keep Rawle.

Mood

D4G, if his pride was at stake he would have cut Rawle in place of Flight. Larry had a lot of PR capital invested in Flight given his draft day comments. I guess you have to consider Rawle and Flight both to be second round picks and the team choose the better one at this point. But I agree that it lacks foresight. However, I think that all-star is a bit of a stretch. But he will be a productive player at some point.

Can anyone substantiate this yet?

While i'm happy Marshall, Powell, and Greene made the team I am upset that White was wavied.

Larry, you traded 3 second round picks to move up to get White. Now you wavie him? What the hell was the point of trading up for him then?

I'm happy Larry has the guys making the team that deserve to be on it. To be honest I don't think White will be much better than Marshall, if he does get better than Marshall. I just am upset that we traded up in the draft for White just to wavie him a few months. Maybe to some of you 3 second round picks is no big deal, but it will add up.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection View Post
    D4G, if his pride was at stake he would have cut Rawle in place of Flight. Larry had a lot of PR capital invested in Flight given his draft day comments. I guess you have to consider Rawle and Flight both to be second round picks and the team choose the better one at this point. But I agree that it lacks foresight. However, I think that all-star is a bit of a stretch. But he will be a productive player at some point.
    No its his damn pride if he could have recognized he was wrong about sarunas and traded him for coincidentally a second rounder, we wouldn't have done this.

It's now on www.pacers.com

NOOO!

Saras friggin' cost us Flight

Firstly, I'm relieved that we actually cut Edwards, I was hoping that we wouldn't be in for a horrible surprise.

White, at his peak, won't be that impressive. I picture him as a watered-down version of Desmond Mason. At least we kept Rawle and Josh.

The Indiana Pacers released John Edwards and rookie swingman James White today to reach the 15-man roster limit.

White was the Pacers' second-round draft choice in June. They traded a future second-round pick to move up and take White with the first pick of the second round.

The Pacers kept one-year veterans Rawle Marshall and Josh Powell, both obtained along with Darrell Armstrong from Dallas in the trade for Anthony Johnson.

The Pacers owe Edwards about $1 million. He was obtained from Atlanta in the trade that brought back Al Harrington.

Read tomorrow's Indianapolis Star for more details about this story.

IndyStar

Why Not Us ?

No slam dunk champ for us this year. Damn...and that was going to be the highlight of our year.

Sigh..........

John Edwards was a good choice but why cut Flight so soon in his career? I hope he pans out and comes back to drop 50 on the Pacers.....and I love the Pacers but I hate Bird's lovefest with certain players, mainly Sarunas "I can't even bring the ball up the court" Jasekivicius......That fool should've been cut, either him or Maceo Baston.....Baston is a good player but he's like 31 years old and he's not going to get any better......Sarunas is the same age and has obviously reached his peak which is sad because he's not a legit NBA Point guard, I don't care what anyone says......

The other players they kept have great potential and have been lighting it up in the pre-season......Josh Powell and Rawle Marshall have been absolute steals......But James White is full of potential.......Dumb move by Bird.....

I'm still stunned from this, after all that hype, all that talk about White. I'm in disbelief.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

let me ask this in this thread too, can we keep his rights, just like Lorbeck?

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness View Post
    QFT, Wow, why waste a draft day trade and then cut the guy. Watch in 5 years white will be an All-star and we will have missed out because of Bird and his idiotic pride.
    Yeah, that's what surprised me the most too. Why waste a draft day trade? Didn't we also waiste a future second rounder by trading it with Alexander to Memphis?

OTOH I must say I am VERY relieved we seem te be keeping Marshall and Powell. Develop 'em.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Hey, has the season started yet? Do any of us actually know that Jake (Sarunas) will not play well? No. So, give him a chance.

Second thing, White was the right choice. I'm not saying I didn't want him, but someone had to go. Yes, it is disappointing that we gave up what we did for essentially nothing, but no one can predict the future. What if he had played like crap or had gotten injured during the preseason? We would have had no problem probably seeing why Larry let him go. But, he did play well (probably because he's good). I guess what makes me understand this decision and what makes me okay with it is that someone had to go, and 2nd round picks aren't all that great. Seriously. But that's JMO.

Mood

thats straight up bull***** why cut White...WHY damn it
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84