Thread: Bender And Odom

Steveman

Default Bender And Odom

Are we seeing some of Bender's furure potential in Lamar Odom? I mean, they are both tall, slender, athletic types, tho Bender has got a couple inches on Odom. They both can handle the ball, drive to the basket with authority, and hit the outside shot. Is it just me, or does anyone else see this?

Default Re: Bender And Odom

I don't really see it. Yes they were drafted the same year Bender right after odom. Both are tall guys who are great athletes.

But Bender is a better long range shooter.

Odom is a much better ball handler and creator.

Those are two big differences off the top of my very tired head.

Mood

Sucks; I know that if LA hadn't, we would have drafted Odom instead (Read Larry Bird's book from 1999).

Can you imagine? Having Odom instead of JB right now?

flip

It's hard to say those two names in the same sentance. Get real.

King Mob

It's just you.

Odom is a poor man's KG, minus the defense. Odom was a 16,8 and 5 man out the box. Bender is still averaging triple singles in his what, 4th year?

Are we seeing some of Bender's furure potential in Lamar Odom? I mean, they are both tall, slender, athletic types, tho Bender has got a couple inches on Odom. They both can handle the ball, drive to the basket with authority, and hit the outside shot. Is it just me, or does anyone else see this?
    Oh, absolutely!

IMO, Bender has great potential to be tall and skinny.

Since there's absolutely nothing else between the two that merits comparison, I won't.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

C'mon . . . Bender shoots better with his right hand than Odom does!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I see Odom as a point forward type of player rather than a scorer which is what Bender is.

Comparing Odom as a poor man's KG isn't fair to Odom either.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Tim

What Bender needs a solid year of good health, and a healthy diet of minutes, to show what he can become. In the shorts stints that he has been healthy I think he has convinced most of us he is worth hanging onto.

Steveman

Seems I may have been misunderstood. I know that Bender is no Odom, but in fairness, Bender has been sidelined with injuries most of his career so far.

What I'm saying is that if Bender can get his act together and live up to his potential, he and Odom would be simular players. That, of course, is subjective. They are both big men that can handle the ball, go to the hoop, and shoot the ball.

Seems I may have been misunderstood. I know that Bender is no Odom, but in fairness, Bender has been sidelined with injuries most of his career so far.

What I'm saying is that if Bender can get his act together and live up to his potential, he and Odom would be simular players. That, of course, is subjective. They are both big men that can handle the ball, go to the hoop, and shoot the ball.
    Odom is and has always been the better passer. JB is, right now, an athletic freak of nature, but Odom has skill.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

has there ever been a player who is the 8th man off the bench that had more expectations put on him?

People expect him to be wilt chamberlain and average at least a point a min or something. While he can do that, it's not gonna happen very often. Maybe if they ran the offense through him like they do JO and he played 40mpg 'yall would see it'