Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 49 of 49

Thread: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

  1. #26
    Member lumber man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    indianapolis
    Age
    40
    Posts
    329

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    does jalen and larry bird get along? i remember the year when they went to the finals, jalen made some interesting comments about how he was glad they made it when noone thought that they would.i'm pretty sure he said, "even our own coach didn't think we would be here, and here we are". or something like that.


  2. #27
    Leisure Suit Larry
    Guest

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    I don't really think that was an insult though if he said nobody thought they would make it.

  3. #28

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only way this could be used to solve our Jack problem (if you even view it to be a problem; not all do), is to buy out Jack's contract and sign Jalen once he's bought out. That will never happen. And even if it were likely, I don't think it's what we'd really want, and as I recall Jalen and Jermaine don't get along well anyway.

    If jalen would come real cheap and without a gun I think we could use him. With jalen he could play some SG and this would allow quis to concentrate on being a backup PG because Sarunas can't do the job and who knows how many minutes a night DA can contribute.

  4. #29

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Well, it is official. Jalen has been cut. No mention of a buy-out but I am sure that is part of the deal.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061030/..._knicks_rose_1

  5. #30
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Pat Riley and Greg Popovich sprint to the phone
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  6. #31
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pat Riley and Greg Popovich sprint to the phone
    Riley makes sense. I'm not sure Popo would have any use for Jalen when he's got Finley.

  7. #32
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Riley makes sense. I'm not sure Popo would have any use for Jalen when he's got Finley.
    Finley's not aging all that well IMO, and I'm not sure he's up for 27 mpg anymore. Brent Barry and Bobby Horry are both also still part of that rotation. I think Pop would rather have someone who can handle the ball and play at least a little defense instead. Also would give him a little Jacque Vaughn insurance.

    Just checked their roster though, and I see they picked up Eric Williams. Good move. I guarentee Pop gets the most out of him. There's a reason SA contends every year aside from Groundhog Day. They never waste money and they find seamless role players.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  8. #33
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,522

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    At least Zeke didn't trade him for another set of players with expensive long-term contracts.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. #34
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,923

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    It wouldn't shock me to see Jalen come home.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  10. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least Zeke didn't trade him for another set of players with expensive long-term contracts.
    Your post indicates you think he had a choice.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  11. #36
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,522

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your post indicates you think he had a choice.
    Given Zeke's long history of trading expiring contracts for long-term contracts...yes....I thought he would have had a choice.

    But given that Dolan has him on a very short leash when it comes to spending...or overspending money that doesn't belong to him.....then I can see your point.

    Could it be that Dolan finally got a backbone during the offseason?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  12. #37
    Leisure Suit Larry
    Guest

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wouldn't shock me to see Jalen come home.
    Do you mean Detroit? According to their roster they only have 14 players, I could definitely see that happening.

  13. #38
    Leisure Suit Larry
    Guest

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus all those players with "high salary caps." Gotta watch out for them.

    I'm guessing it's an EA Sports thing.
    Doesn't really matter now but so you know its how they compare salaries in the real gm trade checker.

  14. #39
    Leisure Suit Larry
    Guest

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus all those players with "high salary caps." Gotta watch out for them.

    I'm guessing it's an EA Sports thing.
    Doesn't really matter now but so you know its how they compare salaries in the real gm trade checker.

  15. #40
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,923

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Quote Originally Posted by Leisure Suit Larry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you mean Detroit? According to their roster they only have 14 players, I could definitely see that happening.
    According to Chris McCoskey, Joe Dumars called Jalen Rose the second he got cut.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  16. #41
    Pacesetter
    Guest

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Move over Paul B; let's bring Jalen back as the DJ!

  17. #42
    Member jjbjjbjjb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin
    Age
    37
    Posts
    376

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    For everyone who says Saras couldn't have been cut because of his huge $4 million salary... Uh, hi, see the above linked story regarding Jalen Rose.

    Say what you will about Knicks management, but what they did today was what a real "basketball decision" looks like.

  18. #43
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Quote Originally Posted by jjbjjbjjb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Say what you will about Knicks management, but what they did today was what a real "basketball decision" looks like.
    How fast do you think Isiah would make those "real" basketball decisons if it was his money?

  19. #44
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,461

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Quote Originally Posted by jjbjjbjjb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For everyone who says Saras couldn't have been cut because of his huge $4 million salary... Uh, hi, see the above linked story regarding Jalen Rose.

    Say what you will about Knicks management, but what they did today was what a real "basketball decision" looks like.
    Jeez, give Donnie the ability to go over the cap like Thomas had and we would be a much better team than we are. The situations are apples and oranges.

  20. #45
    Member jjbjjbjjb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin
    Age
    37
    Posts
    376

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Sometimes I am not sure that people understand how these things work. But the money the Pacers are going to pay to Saras is gone whether he's getting the ball stripped in the backcourt at Conseco or whether he's in Vilnius. The payroll only goes up if we sign someone new to a new contract. James White had a guaranteed contract for two years, same as Saras. The decision they made today saved them no money at all. Math:

    Cut White: pay Saras $8 mil over next two years, pay White $2 mil
    Total cost: $10 mil

    Cut Saras: pay Saras $8 mil over next two years, pay White $2 mil
    Total cost: $10 mil

  21. #46
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,461

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Quote Originally Posted by jjbjjbjjb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sometimes I am not sure that people understand how these things work. But the money the Pacers are going to pay to Saras is gone whether he's getting the ball stripped in the backcourt at Conseco or whether he's in Vilnius. The payroll only goes up if we sign someone new to a new contract. James White had a guaranteed contract for two years, same as Saras. The decision they made today saved them no money at all. Math:

    Cut White: pay Saras $8 mil over next two years, pay White $2 mil
    Total cost: $10 mil

    Cut Saras: pay Saras $8 mil over next two years, pay White $2 mil
    Total cost: $10 mil
    The two situations still have nothing in common. In any case, I think Saras will have a more positive effect on the Pacers than either Rose or White will have on the NBA team they are with this season.

  22. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could it be that Dolan finally got a backbone during the offseason?
    Well, even Cablevision's Board is eventually gonna get sick of the moneypit the MSG Division of the business has become - and those financial losses can be directly attributed to the Knicks.

    PLEASE sell the team little Jimmy!
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  23. #48
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Aside from maybe Michigan, has there ever been a place Jalen played where he didn't wear out his welcome?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  24. #49
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Jalen Rose days as a Knick are over

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aside from maybe Michigan, has there ever been a place Jalen played where he didn't wear out his welcome?
    My TV set
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •