Thread: Pacer frauds

whodean

Default Pacer frauds

2 Pacers queried in fraud probe No evidence players knew of another man's alleged misuse of a credit card, police say.

By Tom Spalding tom.spalding@indystar.com April 28, 2004

Indiana Pacers players Jamaal Tinsley and Fred Jones were interviewed Tuesday at Conseco Fieldhouse by an Indianapolis police detective as part of a fraud investigation at a Northwestside store.

They were interviewed for three hours because they were seen with a man suspected of twice using an unauthorized credit card at the Best Buy at 5402 W. 38th St.

The suspect, identified as Ed Pins, 30, West Springfield, Mass., purchased $1,300 and $2,600 worth of stereo equipment during shopping trips at 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday. In a report, a cashier told police the credit card had Pins' name on it, but police say the account number belonged to a different customer.

Pins gave the players the impression he could get them discounts on equipment bought at the store, police said, but authorities know little more about the situation.

"It's unknown what their relationship was with the suspect," said Indianapolis Police Department Sgt. Russell Burns.

A call to Tinsley was not returned. Jones couldn't be reached for comment. A spokesman for the Pacers, David Benner, said Tuesday the players were cooperating in the investigation but had no comment.

Pins is not in custody but is sought for questioning.

Police were called by workers at Best Buy and are examining store video surveillance tapes. Burns said there is no proof that either Tinsley, 26, or Jones, 25, were aware of the circumstances surrounding Pins' use of the card. Neither was named in the two-page report on the theft.

A general manager at the Northwestside Best Buy location said he couldn't comment.

Default Re: Pacer frauds

And . . . ?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Man, you're just looking for anything you can find. You must be pretty nervous about even the possibility of meeting the Pacers in the ECF.

Also, it's already been mentioned on this forum so Hicks, can we delete this as a duplicate thread? Thanks.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

your about 2 days late

Also, it's already been mentioned on this forum so Hicks, can we delete this as a duplicate thread? Thanks.
    And while at it, get rid of that troll at the same time, seems his only attribution here has little to do with what Pacers fans come here for, quite sure he can run a nice thread on the Pistonettes board with this article.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

whodean

You can't take a little rivalry? I haven't done anything to indicate I'm a troll. Pointing out a print article is trolling?

You can't take a little rivalry? I haven't done anything to indicate I'm a troll. Pointing out a print article is trolling?

When you title it "Pacer Frauds" Yes, that is trolling. Especially when common sense SHOULD tell you that we have probably gone over this considering it's a few days old and we're bored to death.

whodean

I looked at the other thread titles and didn't see it mentioned.

Listen, I'm just propogated a little friendly fan rivalry here, talking a little smack with our eventual playoff rivals, good luck to the Pacers in the second round.